What fabric do you use for Batman capes?

MrSpidey457

I found quite a few people who used pleather, so I decided to go with that. It's okay, but I think for future costumes I'd like something else. Can anyone tell me what kind of fabric they use for Batman capes?

I used faux leather, it is durable and mildly heavy but enough to free flow in the wind
IMG_20150829_173353.jpg

Some places have it for cheap but where I went (walmart) was pretty expensive. 7.95/foot but here is what the texture looks like and what the full cape looks like as well
received_10207488177027905.jpeg
received_1055437991151467.jpeg

Well, I'll try to find it for as cheap as possible. I really like your cape.so I'll probably be going with faux leather. This costume won't be started for months, though. :(

Im not sure where you are from but you can order swatches for cheap on fabric.com if you want to compare some different types of fabric.

image.jpgMine is a cross between polyester and wool blend. Great weight and flows awesomely in the wind. Keeps me warm in the winter nights

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back