Lost in Space (Netflix series)

and the later theme was the one that started with the 321 countdown. That's the one most remember.

I'm not sure I agree that the second theme was the most remembered. Not in my part of the world, anyhow. The first theme was definitely my favourite.

Last edited:
It does remind me a bit of Enterprise opening, but that imagery speaks my language.

Our families gathered around the TVs during big historic space events resonates. I remember when the shuttle was towed through LA, all the families
coming out to see the mighty space shuttle Endeavour retire and taking pictures with it. So yeah, it's a nice way to introduce a show about a family pioneering
in space. All that is winning me over to being excited about this. I'm always starved for the space exploration spirit especially with Trek off the rails for years now.
Hopefully Nu LIS keeps up some of the exploring spirit and doesn't end up a Donner party survival show. LOL

I demand plentiful alliterative insults, and plenty of good "Oh, the PAIN!", comments from Dr. Smith.
Dr. Smith.gif
Classic Smith was so much fun.

Looking forward to the show.
LostInSpace.jpg

Something tells me that Posey's Smith will be even darker than Oldman's. Part of me goes "yay." This may seem like slanderous and scandalous, but what Jonathan Harris did to the original was tragic. He takes full credit for "saving" the series after the only episodes that truly reflected the adventure elements of the concept. No small ego, his.

Do not like the opening credits at all, except for the fact that much of the imagery is being projected on the new Jupiter 2, which is going to take some getting used to. And turning the theme into a march was not the direction they needed to go. *sigh* Well, it still looks like something worthy of anticipation. The story is going to be about people anyway, and that's what's important.

:)

Like it. Lots.

The story is utterly different. The family is lots more real and contemporary. Lots of reasonable human frailty.

Getting used to the ship... erm... "pod."

No spoilers, but Judy's going to have some serious psych issues.

Bill Mumy got the best possible cameo. Watch for it, but you'll probably have to rewind to be certain - there's about a half second where you can clearly recognize him. He'll be a bit chilly afterwards. Dancing around a spoiler here. ;)

Will gets to make new friends again. Sorta. Missed the chance for a reprise of one of the best lines in the movie.

Great ending - that's actually sort of the beginning. Many peeps will not like the timeline jumps.

No sign of the "Enterprise-ish" opening at all. Maybe ep 2? (In about 5 minutes, I'll know for sure.) There's little to no opening credits in the first ep. The closing credits speak to the earlier fan base. :) :) :)

And I will never look at a steak the same way again.

Don't miss it.

"No chicken gets left behind!!!!!!"

Oh its bad, so bad its hilarious to watch!!! We're talking levels of Star Trek: Discovery terribleness here.
Just bear in mind its written by those master scribes that brought us "Dracula Untold" ( the robot looks like he stole his armour) , "The Last Witch Hunter" (no cliche left unburied), and that classic box office block buster (not) "The Gods of Egypt". You'll know what to expect then, which is on the whole not very much.
Oh they've modernised it all right. Whilst the original had the kind of pantomine charm of your typical 60's family unit this is filled with so much contemporay soapbox family angst you'll almost drown in it. Siblings that hate eachother ,parents that should have divorced well before they went into space and free range characters picked straight out of the PC diversity casting textbook (and I'm not just talking about the chicken here). Some of the lines spoken are so utterly crass and clumsy you'll never believe anybody dared to write them let alone deliver them outside of a poor daytime hospital drama .
I'll be honest here ,after the first 30 minutes I suddenly hoped they had accidentally crashed on the Engineers planet (does every world have to look like Canada in a bad weather mood) and would discover David in a particualrly murderous rage but alas no. They certainly display levels of colonist stupidity I've not seen since a recent Ridley Scott movie ( who should sue over certain aspects of this) and some of the scenes and setups will have you rolling your eyes so far into the back of your head you'll see the white of your skull.
The VFXs are the best thing about this but the orchestral music score is so way over the top it needs dialling back off the cliff edge before it jumps the edge .

But at least the chicken is safe so far.

Last edited:
I like it so far. It is a bit soapy for my taste.
At first I really liked Judy, and Penny not so much.
Second episode, Penny rocks, and Judy needs to get over it.
Will is cool so far. Robot not as irritating as I'd feared.
Parents need to get lost. They're really bringing me down, man.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back