New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

I banged the hell out of my flat V2 emitter (Solo's Hold) and it came out looking very much like the prop in that respect. So yeah, 99.9% probability all appearances of a chamfer are simply from banging over the course of 6 years.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be happy with mine being flat. Knowing me - & my luck - I'd crush it, or ding it, in such a way that it wouldn't go back on the body :lol

Is there any way to make the emitter out of a softer aluminum? I had a hell f a time bending the edges on my 2nd run saber. Or is that flange now thinner and would bend easier like what we see on the original?

The way it is currently, or soon to be, shouldn't be a problem to warp. It would've been tough, as you had experienced, with the ones Starkiller made before because the emitters were fairly thick.

I got the quotes. Everything looks good. I'm going to have them make a prototype first for me so that I can confirm the Cnc programming and everything before I have them move forward with the big run. This will add a week or two to the lead up. But I think it will be worth it, and help me sleep better:)

I got the quotes. Everything looks good. I'm going to have them make a prototype first for me so that I can confirm the Cnc programming and everything before I have them move forward with the big run. This will add a week or two to the lead up. But I think it will be worth it, and help me sleep better:)

this is great news! i haven't been on here as much in fear of spoilers but also anxious not to miss anything in this thread. tapatalk tends to show large pictures randomly in the thread titles. Ive only been checking in quickly to see if you have said anything.

so it sounds like this run won't go live until after the release of TLJ? this timing would be perfect for me

so dying to see the prototype!! thanks for all the hard work Dan, Roy, Scott and everyone else involved in this run!

Woot! Exciting update :) I’m sure the prototype process isn’t cheat, but it’s a much appreciated step. Can’t wait!

Hey guys, some of you may have seen me post on here before. I’ve been trying to gather as much info as I can over the past 3 years or so to start my own prop collection. I know this isn’t the run thread for this, but how difficult do you anticipate these being to assemble? I’m limited on what tools I have access too, and my skill with them is even more limited. I understand that these will have to be painted, but what else will be required to put these together? Will any parts need to be modified to fit together, or should it just be mainly screwing things together? Will there be any extra drilling or sawing or milling involved?

I know a lot of you all have advanced technical skills and access to shops and tolls and things, which I think is awesome! I just feel intimidated by getting something, and missing it up trying to put it together or never being able to put it together at all.

Sorry if this post made anyone cringe [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, some of you may have seen me post on here before. I’ve been trying to gather as much info as I can over the past 3 years or so to start my own prop collection. I know this isn’t the run thread for this, but how difficult do you anticipate these being to assemble? I’m limited on what tools I have access too, and my skill with them is even more limited. I understand that these will have to be painted, but what else will be required to put these together? Will any parts need to be modified to fit together, or should it just be mainly screwing things together? Will there be any extra drilling or sawing or milling involved?

I know a lot of you all have advanced technical skills and access to shops and tolls and things, which I think is awesome! I just feel intimidated by getting something, and missing it up trying to put it together or never being able to put it together at all.

Sorry if this post made anyone cringe [emoji51]

You stick around here and you will learn all the home made tricks!

I think basic Allen wrench’s are the only requirements. But I would wait for Starkiller to respond on what exactly is required

Either way, don’t be scared. We are all here to help!

You stick around here and you will learn all the home made tricks!

I think basic Allen wrench’s are the only requirements. But I would wait for Starkiller to respond on what exactly is required

Either way, don’t be cared. We are all here to help!

Thank you!! The RPF community is the best!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back