Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

I have several grey but only one black. They are really rare.

The grey i have used for parts, but my black one is near mint and is as is on display.

Rare as in I should keep it and not make a trade for a gray one? Guess I could go one gray and one black lol.. I kind of like the look of the black one better.

Cameron: you going into business on these ;) ?

Planning on putting a camera in one at all?

its almost a full time job. Lol. Yes. Cameras going into one and maybe two of these builds.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I've seen real lens painted yet..

Then IMG_0299.JPGfeast your eyes.

My plan is to paint the silver ring on the lenses grey, and to paint the inside of the lenses (minus the glass) flat black. I can always paint them fully if it gets to me down the road!

This came in the mail today!

It's not 100% accurate by my eye, but it's a real close start! The older version of this plug (the one found on the Ibanez footswitch) has wider metal pieces on the sides (where you squeeze to unplug the cable). This was a stray cable I found on eBay, the other end is some sort of 9-pin connector (looks like VGA) so my assumption is that this was made later as an adapter. I have a few more cables on the way, but I have a feeling they are all of this variety. Will report back as they come in!

So I'm just brainstorming, need to see other female plugs but what if the board was just cut out like this..IMG_9603_LI.jpg (if all the female jacks are attached to a board I don't see them taking the time to unsolder it) paint it black Then wrap copper wire around the pins like so. IMG_9604_LI.jpg I'm sure this is wrong. Like I said just brainstorming.

Next idea. Here is a photo of the inside of the male plug and another photo of it sitting on top the female jack. Maybe they swapped places where the male pins were and put the female jack in its place then pluged the pins from the male in on top of the female part?

IMG_9607.JPGIMG_9608.JPGIMG_9609.JPG

That last pic is what i was waiting to see. When i made the resin mystery box i was trying to Interpret what I was seeing or thought I was seeing in the 1970s blurry photo. I'm away from home for the holidays but when I get home I'll look at the photo showing the mystery box. The other day when i was looking at pics inline of the ue400 i was hoping a circuit board was attatched to the female plug. So i realy feel they trimmed the board down and the components we can see in between the female part and board is what was showing up in the pic

So I'm just brainstorming, need to see other female plugs but what if the board was just cut out like this..View attachment 775156 (if all the female jacks are attached to a board I don't see them taking the time to unsolder it) paint it black Then wrap copper wire around the pins like so. View attachment 775163 I'm sure this is wrong. Like I said just brainstorming.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i have seen a male end female plug end on one cable. It's lossible that is another suspect

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back