Anakin Starkiller V2 lightsaber show-off thread

I just messaged you, I didn't want to tell people it was your design before you saw it in case you thought it was a dud. Big shout out to JaxAndTheMoon, without him this wouldn't be possible. My design skills are nil.

Last edited by a moderator:
So with the new 10 saber kits being listed in the Junkyard, I thought I'd throw it out there that I'm heading to the hardware store soon and can pick up some sq. head set screws for the "mystery chunks" out there. They only sell small handfuls but I'll grab what I can. Just send me a PM!

How much are the mystery chunks? Its the one piece that I do not have yet. May need to get one from you

They're less than a dollar at the store, just shoot me a PM with how many you need and a valid shipping address and I'll just plop one in an envelope with some gaffer tape with it. Just trying to pay it forward as inspired by @Trooper_trent for his kindness to me from a few months back.

So I wanted to share my DIY V2 weathering job. I decided to do this because I had reworked the rod in the neck to better accept the set screws. I cut a slot for the ring/stop I have under my bearing...and just like Brandon said, I cut a slot all the way around the tip for the two emitter grub screws (like the pommel)

then I went at it with sandpaper as if I had to "remove the paint ASAP because the actor needs it" and it came out a little differently than the real prop. However, that type of weathering was from decades of straight up abuse, so I'm happy. I took my largest steel Allen wrench and whacked this up a bit for some good dents and applied some aluminum black to darken and age parts of it. I then applied Johnsons paste wax to the clamp and body to prevent any further discoloration (from the AB) and any further corrosion on my clamp. The wax also filled in the weird scratches from the sandpaper!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    892.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    517.4 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    714.9 KB · Views: 124
I also just kicked it around my driveway, and swung the grip and booster at a corner of concrete. Got some good rough and tumble damage that I blackened and waxed so they weren't shiny. :) thanks Dan and thank you everyone for the inspiration and tips!

Has anyone kicked around the idea of converting one of these to the "Shared Stunt (V3)"?

Of all Luke's sabers, that poor old, Mylar tape covered, seamline rockin', hilt does not get a lot of love. I can't recall when there was a run of that particular model.

Of course, at the very least, this would involve some machine work on the emitter head to remove the emitter nub.

That saber was a bit thicker. The V2 was put on a lathe and cleaned up to remove the seam lines and the like. This would make a pretty neat shared stunt, but it would lack the softness of a metal pour :)

That saber was a bit thicker. The V2 was put on a lathe and cleaned up to remove the seam lines and the like. This would make a pretty neat shared stunt, but it would lack the softness of a metal pour :)

That's right!

I forgot the V2 was lathed down a bit.

I love the shared stunt and have one inbetween OB1 and Luke at the moment ... was going for Luke than decided otherwise ... here's the base shared stunt lightsaber :

which I'd love to put onto a lathe to get the uneven rings by turning some deeper alas I have non to work on ... even if I knew knew how, which I don't :wacko

Chaim

What shade and type of paint is that on the emitter? I think you're really close to the real deal we can't get good pictures of :lol
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/LukeStuntROTJ18.jpg

I love the shared stunt and have one inbetween OB1 and Luke at the moment ... was going for Luke than decided otherwise ... here's the base shared stunt lightsaber :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/LukeROTJ17.jpg

which I'd love to put onto a lathe to get the uneven rings by turning some deeper alas I have non to work on ... even if I knew knew how, which I don't :wacko

Chaim

I don't know ... it's a kind of gunmetal metallic ... that's how it arrived when I purchased it :)

All I did later was remove the paint from the booster section and the edges of the rings to
get closer to Luke's ROTJ . . . added a G R A F L E X clamp which now has real transistors as
if it were OB1 ANH ... so it's a mix saber waiting to be finished. Inside the emitter piece, so
without the V2 nipple, I added a piece of round cut faux leather to simulate some burned
residue coming from the lightbeam. Sorry for the lack of appropriate pictures :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back