Dumb and Dumber To (Post-release)

Re: Dumb and Dumber To

Just watched the trailer. I laughed and got excited to see this. I do fear, however, that this long overdue sequel will fall victim to the same fate of other sequels that took forever to be made - expectations are too high and it will be impossible to please everyone, to the point where it generally gets a bad reception.

I love the first film. Thought it was hilarious.

This seems less dumb and dumber. And more like something about Mary.

I know it's just the trailer but feel like they Gave away most of the funny scenes already which weren't funny

One trend was to remake a movie, but how come another one catching on is to add a sequel to decade+ old movies? Oh well... This will be fun to watch. Harry has a kid, he finds out later on, good storyline :lol also, Daniels says there's a scene that tops the original toilet scene haha

This isn't "Gone with the Wind". Don't expect much and you will love it!

This might be good. The problem I have is the same as the first: Lloyd is just plain mean.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

Nice to see they can still afford to keep the Shaggin Waggon on the road.

Thought they traded it to some kid for the bike, straight up!

Last edited:

I just watched this and the Shaggin Wagon makes a nice come back...LOL...

Alot of nods to the original and they totally topped my favorite scene with a second ninja dream sequence...
Nice to see they can still afford to keep the Shaggin Waggon on the road.

Thought they traded it to some kid for the bike, straight up!

I just watched this and the Shaggin Wagon makes a nice come back...LOL...

Alot of nods to the original and they totally topped my favorite scene with a second ninja dream sequence...

I can't believe they've delayed this until next month here in the UK!

How do you rate it compared with the original?

Well, it holds up very well with the original, but I still think people will look at the first as a superior film.

But...there were definitely scenes in this one were I couldn't believe how awesome it was. And they laid alot of story out. And the pay off was good for most of the storylines. Everything was wrapped up nicely.
I can't believe they've delayed this until next month here in the UK!

How do you rate it compared with the original?

That's good to hear (read). As much as I'd like to see this, it did feel like they were cashing in on nostalgia. I'm more encouraged to go out and catch it in theaters now.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back