Sunglasses & Spectacles!

I just wanted to say that this is a great thread.

I've long felt that getting the glasses right is one of the most important parts of any costume.

It strikes me as odd when someone spends hundreds of dollars on the exact shoe but wears incorrect glasses. The first thing we look at, generally, is a person's face.

My main cosplay is Dr Jones Sr. He wears vintage rimless glasses, which were very popular in the 1920s and 1930s. You can pick up originals on Ebay for $10 to $20. Nobody wants them. Yet for some reason every Dr Jones Sr cosplay I've seen uses rimmed glasses.

We just finished the prototypes of our Reddington Sunglasses:

3kRSQa9.jpg

Have the Mission: Impossible glasses ever been brought up?
4C40C920-FC8E-45EB-AE52-A3A010883C97.jpeg
E73906FD-0925-444A-B2D9-5BEC96177641.jpeg
I’ve already identified the accurate pair in my own thread: the code is 55-9171 in case anyone needs to know.

Last edited:
Any chance of an accurate replica of the Dirty Harry sunglasses from the original film. I know there was a lot of claims they were Ray Ban Baloramas but they just didn't look right to me. Too contoured especially towards the sides.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think it has been confirmed that the older original style Baloramas are the exact glasses. The side profile (at least to me) looks spot on, and the vertical double dots angle the exact same way.

We could put those on our suggested items list and when we're ready for a new model, we can throw that into the interest poll.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back