Options for Mace Windu sabers?

I keep waiting for someone to tell me this outfit isn't a scam. Interested?:

http://www.89sabers.com/index.php/Category/product_detail/id/21/tid/12

Not a scam, problem is him along with a bunch of other guys now do runs on Facebook instead of forums

I for one an a anti Facebook person. I won’t even sign up just to view stuff I’m that much of a Facebook hater

He’s pretty well known in the FX world. I was going to comment saying “now that 89sabers has done a real good sidous it’s only a matter of time before he does a windu”

Then you posted this link, I was not aware of him doing a windu.

For those sayings it inaccurate, I have no idea what I need to look at for windu’s saber

Can you point out the problems with 89’s windu for me?

This is a saber I have wanted for a long time but I want it as accurate as possible.

The photo's he provides don't do a very good job of showing the details from an accuracy point of view quite frankly.

From what I can tell:

- The front emitter piece simply cannot be accurate as the it should have a small hole in the front and not an opening big enough for a 3/4" blade. On top of that, the flat front face of the emitter itself was all of 3/4" IIRC. On top of that, there was an inner piece behind the holes at the base of the emitter. Neither of those could be retained with the ability to stick a blade in it.

- The gold buttons are too tall (at least the three rectangles), from the provided photo, the seem too close to the arced button and there seems to be a missing line or two on the aluminum cylinder the buttons are in. Hard to tell with the fine details on those shots though.

-Can't make out the detail on the grip.

-You can't see what it looks like when the grip is attached as there's no side shot.

-can't see the covertech

-can't make out any pattern on the bottom textured grip area.

- at the back end, the pommel is missing a few pieces, the gold ring seems a bit thick and the ends couple pieces seem to have overly square edges.

- I wanna say the grips seem a bit thin, too, but that might just be a rusty memory :)

That said, i think about half of the inaccuracies are due to making it FX. You simply cannot have an accurate emitter with a blade unless you're making a stunt version. The piece simply isn't big enough. And the missing pieces at the pommel are to make slots for the speaker. Doesn't excuse the height and position of the gold buttons though. Seems as if they could have done those better and then at least provided alternate emitter and end caps for when it's on display as opposed to bladed up.

As much as I'd love to have a Windu Ep2 saber in my collection, I'll hold out for something more accurate, especially since I'm not into all the electronics stuff.

Thanks for pointing the little things out. I was happy when I found a old fx windu on Craigslist. It was broken and he wanted 50 bucks for it. When I called he had sold it the day before...

I only was interested because it was 50 bucks... but like others said it’s a great looking saber. But I’m not interested in a fx windu... the fx windu on Craigslist I was gonna rip the guts out anyway until I found a real accurate one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I placed an order with 89sabers for a Mace Windu. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

I apprediate the discussion about the inaccuracies, and have decided that because I do intend to do an electronics install, it’s worth it for me to go this route. The 89 sabers ME is way better looking than what US offers, and appears to have been made with installers in mind.

Well, I placed an order with 89sabers for a Mace Windu. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

I apprediate the discussion about the inaccuracies, and have decided that because I do intend to do an electronics install, it’s worth it for me to go this route. The 89 sabers ME is way better looking than what US offers, and appears to have been made with installers in mind.

I'm jealous!! keep us all up to date, love to see progress work! :thumbsup

I received an email from Peter Zhang, and he says the Mace Windu hilt I ordered will ship out in a week. Of course it's ePak or some sort of low cost international shipping, so it might take a while. I'll post a short review video of the hilt when I received it.

Last edited:
In his appearance on the graham norton show, Sam Jackson pointed to the top part of the lightsaber under the golden emitter ring, and indicated that the inscription was positioned lengthwise with the hilt. It appears that he's pointing to the space between two of the three raised golden boxes.

IMG_8812.PNG

An earlier poster to this thread indicated that the inscription was written in auerbesh.
You'd have to ask him what his source is though.

Where is the supposed BMF engraved on the saber?

Attachments

• IMG_8813.PNG
    IMG_8813.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_8814.PNG
    IMG_8814.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8815.PNG
    IMG_8815.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Following up on my earlier post, it looks like "BMF" is engraved on the crescent-shaped button on top of the three golden square buttons. That middle button must be the activation switch. The letter "M" and vague silhouettes of the letters "B" and "F" are barely legible in the attached photo.
View attachment 777183

This is great detective work. When I complete my 89sabers Mace Windu, I might add BMF to the button for grins.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back