Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Those "caretakers" are one of the most unimaginative designs I've seen out of SW. I've kept out of this thread for a while, but I had to come back to say that. I don't even like the idea of it. I still have hope for this movie, but the designs, man... the designs.

Had no idea what you were talking about and then I ran across a pic of them...

Space nuns?! Oof.

xZflOjY.jpg

Yeah, you were dead on. I'm glad they're starting out with a Luke who's out of his comfort zone. It would have been pretty boring if he was the same exact guy we last saw in ROTJ.

Me too, although he is still a coward, before he would run into situations to surrender, now he runs away. I am really looking forward to seeing where they take his character now though, i want him to kick some ass!

I have no opinion on porgs...

When I first heard of "Baby Groot" I groaned... oh man... childish crap to sell merch.

Guardians Vol 2. is my favorite movie in YEARS... and Baby Groot was great.

"That's why you don't like hats?!"

- - - Updated - - -

SWIQ isn't "mine". It just is.

Sure, I labeled it. But SWIQ belongs to me no more than Relativity belongs to Einstein, or that Gravity belongs to Newton.

The Wook

but Einstein didn't act all uppity and tell people they weren't relatives...

Newton didn't tell people they were more gravity sensitive than others.

You're just being The Wook... which is often times irritating/fun/irritating.

SWIQ can lick my BALLSAQ

But Einstein didn't act all uppity and tell people they weren't relatives...

Newton didn't tell people they were more gravity sensitive than others.

You're just being The Wook... which is often times irritating/fun/irritating.

SWIQ can lick my BALLSAQ

In the beginning, Newton and Einstein also had their doubters.

You'll come around, NeoRutty. It is unavoidable.

The Wook

I will say the speeders they have showed look cool, but the rest, especially Luke, have me worried. Despite his failure, there's no reason to end the Jedi. They had flaws and became corrupt, but they did good. I think it's just going to **** off a lot of fans.

My Porg theory...

Rey will be sitting at the controls of the Falcon, deep in thought. A Porg will fly by. Rey catches the movement out of the corner of her eye and is startled. She stands up to see what is going on. When suddenly, a Porg attacks the windshield of the falcon. Rey runs to the back of the falcon where Luke and Chewie are reminiscing about old times and tells them she saw something outside. Luke, Chewie, and Rey slowly exit the Falcon. The group are startled by a flock of Porgs that fly at them. Luke explains that there is nothing to worry about, Porgs like to eat the space plankton that attaches to hulls of ships. Chewie and Luke set about clearing Porgs away from the Falcon, when Chewie accidently shoots a bowcaster shot into the ground. A tremor shakes our heroes around a bit. All run onto the Falcon in panic. Rey starts the engines and punches it towards space. Suddenly stalagtites start falling out of the sky, which Rey adeptly pilots around. The camera shot pulls back to reveal that our Ach-to is actually the inside of a giant space whale that swallowed too much water!

Biggity bam, tell me I'm lying.

I've said it before and I'll reitterate with the new pics....

I hope Luke has gone dark...er.

IT was heavily hinted in Jedi that he was playing close to the dark side... dressing in black, force choking folks, having a problem dealing with his anger in front of the Empire.

Nothing would be more boring to have Rey get to Luke and he's all "Hey hey! So Kylo eh? Alrighty let's go fight him!"

STACK THE ODDS AGAINST THE HEROES!

Rey needs to get there and find the Resistance's big play is a man who's lost it. Become too powerful maybe? Is jaded and has fallen into anger.

Hero Luke is boring... he needs to fight back from darkness to help Rey fight the student he messed up with...

Blah blah blah.

Need new stuff (not Porgs) to discuss.

I hope Luke has gone dark...er.

It was heavily hinted in Jedi that he was playing close to the dark side... dressing in black, force choking folks, having a problem dealing with his anger in front of the Empire.

Nothing would be more boring to have Rey get to Luke and he's all "Hey hey! So Kylo eh? Alrighty let's go fight him!"

STACK THE ODDS AGAINST THE HEROES!

Rey needs to get there and find the Resistance's big play is a man who's lost it. Become too powerful maybe? Is jaded and has fallen into anger.

Hero Luke is boring... he needs to fight back from darkness to help Rey fight the student he messed up with...

High-SWIQ post.

It would make sense, as Luke only received a crash course in Force training. And was very old to begin the little training he had--training he never technically completed, because he chose to abandon it in favor of saving his friends on Cloud City. Sure, he stuck with the Light Side in his showdown with Vader and Sidious. But, the fact remains, that Luke was never properly trained in the Force, nor prepared for life as a Jedi.

Having said that, Rey is the bigger risk to be seduced by the Dark Side, as she has had no training whatsoever. Sure, she passed a small test in resisting Kylo Ren, but he's as clumsy as he is stupid. Much bigger trials await her.

The Wook

I think when we see Rey reaching out the saber to Luke at the end of TFA
he doesn't take it from her and walks by her. Rey will immediately know something is all wrong, I think that's where Luke's head is at.

I think Luke takes the lightsaber, says "ISYHFMOL" (I See You Have Found My Old Lightsaber), holds it by the "Bunny Ears" end and waves it at her a bit, and we get a close-up of that mechanical hand of his as he turns it over inspecting it. ;)

I like the idea of Luke being flawed. He was told by Yoda his training wasn't complete. But yoda also said there was another.

I think the Porgs will be the main force to take on the First Order. Rey and Luke will be busy fighting Sith wannabes.

FO will try to board the Falcon, Chewie, R2 & C3 will be in a bind. Outta nowhere Porgs start ****ting all over the Stormtroopers, ruining there advanced sighting systems...FO STs call for TIE fire support...PORGS kamikaze into their windshields and **** all over their windshields in their death throes...the lone survivor PORG gets a medal during the ceremony/end credits

I like the idea of Luke being flawed. He was told by Yoda his training wasn't complete. But yoda also said there was another.

I think the Porgs will be the main force to take on the First Order. Rey and Luke will be busy fighting Sith wannabes.

FO will try to board the Falcon, Chewie, R2 & C3 will be in a bind. Outta nowhere Porgs start ****ting all over the Stormtroopers, ruining there advanced sighting systems...FO STs call for TIE fire support...PORGS kamikaze into their windshields and **** all over their windshields in their death throes...the lone survivor PORG gets a medal during the ceremony/end credits
I nearly spilled my drink when i read that [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

That Porg is the Falcons Bobble head, when chewie gets mad he gives it a slap

Re: Rey Handing over the lightsaber to Luke...

Luke takes it and throws it into the sea, Rey has to dive in after it to get it back, thats when we see his sunk X-wing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back