Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Disney has explicitly stated that Battlefront is considered a part of official cannon. Therefore, the mods to Jyn's stolen blaster are cannon, and you should tackle them.

While I do 100% agree that it's canon, it's funny that they chose Jyn's blaster. I think they must have done it because the developers didn't want to draw similarities to the A280c. If they did Casians Blaster it would be too similar. So it is canon, but maybe just for marketing purposes since the players would just feel like it's a reskin of an existing blaster. Just my 2 cents. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll eat my Imperial officer's hat if she doesn't use some of the attachments on Eadu. Anyways, here's a new close-up shot (source):

View attachment 689995View attachment 689994

It kinda looks like there's no "lip" at all for attaching the stock, and that plate near the back looks bent (or maybe that's just the recessed area there painted silver).

Also, here's a cool video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqbfcrVQ48
If you look closely at the back of the Luger you can see how part of the sides are shaved off. I think this is to act as a sort of rail attachment point for the stock. I think this is also why they removed the safety lever, to make room for the stock mount point.
4688b9966c3722e1454575fe9ea1e8ae.png
900cc95b1bb5c189d1b09a8c631ab247.jpg

I agree. No point in NOT giving the attachments a shot!!

If you look closely at the back of the Luger you can see how part of the sides are shaved off. I think this is to act as a sort of rail attachment point for the stock. I think this is also why they removed the safety lever, to make room for the stock mount point. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/4688b9966c3722e1454575fe9ea1e8ae.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161223/900cc95b1bb5c189d1b09a8c631ab247.jpg

I know, I said the same thing a few posts back. I believe it's also why they removed the rear sight.

I know, I said the same thing a few posts back. I believe it's also why they removed the rear sight.
Yes, this detail has been established.

My progress photos are in the other thread, but here.
026a0233a0ffcb2829adc08dd4a1cb6f.jpg

8b52c3779e5c7adec15b315a29719248.jpg

57231724aef5af5d8b1f1afc7b0d7c24.jpg

21ca7958b8a0350dc6b0892804628526.jpg

I've since filled the holes on the right side, and drilled new ones. Needs cleanup work, though.

Last edited:

So what is the consensus as to the base gun? Is it the WE Naval version with the longer barrel?

Last edited:

Shoot, almost makes me want to do another one!!

Is the barrel fastened to the airsoft buy just the rivets seen on the side or is there something else done to adhere it more? if it's just the rivets is it fairly easy to what I assume is drilling the spots and popping them in or are they just for show?

I really like the look of Jyn's pistol and is something I'd like to put together but I haven't really done much in terms of building my own stuff prop wise and this is something I'd like to do when a metal barrel kit becomes available.

Is the barrel fastened to the airsoft buy just the rivets seen on the side or is there something else done to adhere it more? if it's just the rivets is it fairly easy to what I assume is drilling the spots and popping them in or are they just for show?

I really like the look of Jyn's pistol and is something I'd like to put together but I haven't really done much in terms of building my own stuff prop wise and this is something I'd like to do when a metal barrel kit becomes available.

I'm having to epoxy it into place, then drilling the holes for the screws and mounting them.

I have an MGC luger somewhere buried in my garage.
I wonder if the detail on it is similar to the airsoft.

I drilled into my airsoft. The screws had to be shortened a bit, but yes, that's all that's holding it on. No glue.

Making more progress on the right side, though. Will edit this post with pics soon.

9ff59be27a15dc474707ec8aa268dc87.jpg

ebf6c929a53a8b2e359d97f1c5db67e0.jpg

Original holes filled, new holes drilled!

Last edited:

Anyone have any ideas for holding the bracket on without glue or permanently changing the luger? I want to be able to swap between stock luger and swarsy luger. Best I can think of is bolts keeping it tight via friction.

Damn, I bought the shorter barrel. Do you think I can alter it when I make the shroud? I'm thinking of making a removable PVC shroud to get me approved to start trooping while I learn to make things in metal. I want to do as much of my own prop work as possible, but I don't know much about guns or prop work.

Anyone have any ideas for holding the bracket on without glue or permanently changing the luger? I want to be able to swap between stock luger and swarsy luger. Best I can think of is bolts keeping it tight via friction.
keYou need to do some pretty obvious mods to the luger to make Jyn's pistol; there is no going back "to stock".

Last edited:

Just updated the other thread, as well, but thought I'd copy/paste my progress here as well.

Put the new screws in the new holes on the right side.

Went with 6-32. The spacing is a little off, but overall I'm happy.

It's night, so I used a flashlight for lighting. Sorry.

40729e59ce5a20182d8481cc43dc2e68.jpg

372a8bf295b1210ba0c6622cbb28e581.jpg

a035403b089b13fc2120d730b63ce2af.jpg

I may clean her up a little, I added quite a bit of weathering, including some burnt sienna in the grips and other places.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back