Best Casting of Famous Characters

Peter O'Toole as T.E. Lawrence in Lawrence of Arabia.
Not only was he incredible in the role but there was a good resemblance.

IPU404148.jpg

Matthew McConaughey as Dirk Pitt in the movie Sahara based on author Clive Cusslers book with the same name and book series featuring the main character Dirk Pitt.

Just posted somewhere the other day, that I would've loved to see more of the Pitt movies made with those guys, I loved the way it felt with them playing off each other, and it kinda felt like I imagine the books would be intended to.

Just posted somewhere the other day, that I would've loved to see more of the Pitt movies made with those guys, I loved the way it felt with them playing off each other, and it kinda felt like I imagine the books would be intended to.
That movie was great the first time i saw it and then at the end credits i saw that i was based on a book. So i got the book and fell in love with all of them. Comparing the book with the movie makes the movie less good. But that could be said about most book to movie adaptations. I would have loved if they had included the Abraham Lincoln story as well. I heard that Clive Cussler (GRUMPY OLD MAN!) did not like the movie so he has forbidden anyone from adapting his works to the movie screen again. The first movie they made "Raising titanic" is pretty bad but featuring Alec Guinness in a small role.

I followed the same path, and just picked up Odessa Sea from the store last night when I realized it said "A Dirk Pitt Novel" - I never really got into (or really gave a chance, really) to the other series he's put out, probably because I have the the characters in my mind's eye from the movie still. Funny enough, Sahara isn't one I've read, but I've picked up about half of the Pitt books so far and have enjoyed them all. Kind of a shame about the movie aspect if that's the case, but I imagine he'd be the biggest critic of his words into film, as I would think most author's would. But it's not as far a stretch as Miss Peregrine's , for example :)

I think RDJ was superb casting for Iron-man, but I have to admit, from what I knew of the guy's work, I probably wouldn't have thought he was the one for it. I was never a fan of his before.

I always thought Timothy Dalton, about the age he was in Flash Gordon, was picture perfect for Tony Stark. He actually looked like Tony from the comics.

I think RDJ was superb casting for Iron-man, but I have to admit, from what I knew of the guy's work, I probably wouldn't have thought he was the one for it. I was never a fan of his before.

I always thought Timothy Dalton, about the age he was in Flash Gordon, was picture perfect for Tony Stark. He actually looked like Tony from the comics.
When he was first announced I thought the casting was spot-on. At the time RDJ was considered an immense talent that got more than his fair share of second chances to get "clean" and not be an embarrassment to the industry. He was a smart and self-destructive talent struggling with substance abuse. He was perfect to play Tony Stark who was the intense, hard-living type who struggled with alcoholism.

Hey, I'm not arguing with ya! He's perfect for it. I'm just saying that before he came along, he was not someone I would have ever expected to be Tony.

Probably why I am not a casting director.;)

FYI, he was a Drill Instructor. Drill Sgts are in the Army, Drill Instructors are what we have in the Corps. Tomato tomahto I know, but it makes a difference to those of us who have served in either branch.

The closest I've come to serving is my father in the Air Force, so... My bad.

Another example of perfect casting would be in "This Is The End". Seth Rogen as (you guessed it) Seth Rogen. I mean, he's basically the same guy in every movie. At least in that one he's got the right name.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back