My SC Scout Trooper WIP for 501st Application

I honestly wouldn't buy this helmet kit to have as an accurate kit but you can buy it from studiocreations.

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bikerscout/bike_armorforsale.html

you may want to look into KS or RS scout helmets

Sorry for digging up this thread, but from what I've read the SC bucket is better for smaller statued individuals. I'm 5'8, would I benefit from the SC bucket, or should I research into getting a KS, moncal or RS bucket instead? I don't want to be a bobble head lol

Its true, I'm 5 ft 6 and I ended up using his bucket due to my height too, its better proportioned for us shorties though definitely not as accurate as the RS. Also, I'd reconsider trooping with the RS, its a beautiful helmet but not sure it'd take the kicks and dings of trooping.

Its true, I'm 5 ft 6 and I ended up using his bucket due to my height too, its better proportioned for us shorties though definitely not as accurate as the RS. Also, I'd reconsider trooping with the RS, its a beautiful helmet but not sure it'd take the kicks and dings of trooping.

Thanks for the reply Shen! Just curious, what inaccuracies does the SC have that the RS doesn't? The RS sure is gorgeous though...but yeah, not sure I would troop with something so beautiful.

I'll see if I can get photos for you this evening, my personal helmet is in storage due to my move so its difficult to get some shots, I'll throw in photos of KS I built up as well to compare.

Here are photos of my KS helmet build. This was a one day rush commission build for a friend who needed it in time to get it autographed by one of the actors who played a scout in the ROTJ film. Finished it up in a day, mailed out the next day for them, needs more trimming but you get the idea.
OfOHcnNl.jpg

cS3vIKMl.jpg

hpVpyZ9l.jpg

oDkMjfjl.jpg

gvqIbZ3l.jpg

b2eSj4ql.jpg

6wksvlNl.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here are shots of my current SC helmet that I use for 501st trooping.
OlgguUkl.jpg

xrzPjOAl.jpg

4vMHAXQl.jpg

NqTtrP8l.jpg

wvGlj7bl.jpg

swc5V1bl.jpg

tH2dfFJl.jpg

nuTMaoGl.jpg

Just a reminder, I'm 5 foot 6. The SC fits me best with the overall proportions but the cheeks, how the visor mounts to the face, and overall construction of the helmet is inaccurate, though it does have the look of the scout. I'm not a huge fan of the KS but it has the inner cheek details where the visor mounts, though the shape didn't fit my head all that well. The snout detail was also softer than the SC. Both are not as accurate as the RS but I've held an RS helmet in person. #1 its too expensive for my regular trooping (these things get knocked around), #2 it felt flimsier for constant trooping use. This was a completed RS helmet which was GORGEOUS and had all the accurate details I wanted in a helmet, but was just something as a collector's piece vs a 501st trooping bucket. I'd post RS scout photos but plenty of those on facebook and in the forum here. Hope that helps!

Hey I got this one on etsy. Newimageprops, it was 300$ but a very accurate helmet, really durable too. Im going for RS myself however I agree if I were trooping I'd not want to damage RS. Anyways I weathered this with some steel wool and a tamiya weathering kit. The pastel kit. And some acrylic paint.
20201029_003045.jpg
20201029_002805.jpg
20201029_001656.jpg
20200930_191312.jpg
20201029_001449.jpg
20200930_191124.jpg
20200927_201644.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back