Bandai release schedule

The issue with the extra engine on Poe's X-Wing comes down to whether it's needed for the story and it makes some kind of internal sense. Is it there just to look cool? Why does Poe need a "boost"? In the Empire magazine picture, the engine exhaust is a different color than the pink glow from the X-Wing's engines, so it seems it's doing more than just adding extra speed or power. The ship is flying directly at the new star destroyer, so maybe it provides some sort of unique thrust that allows Poe to penetrate the star destroyer's shields. Who knows. It all comes down to the story. If people like the story, it doesn't matter how goofy the rationale for a strap-on booster is. If the story sucks, people will say the booster ruined their childhoods.

My theory is that that giant Dorito chip Star Destroyer with the giant guns jumps into the system and the Resistance sees it and goes "OMG what in the Sith is that? Get that monstrosity out of my view! Gah it's like Jabba the Hutt fresh out of the shower ugly! Kill it as quickly as possible so strap on those boosters and all that." :lol

You know what it is with that turbocharger on the x-wing? The tech in star wars has always been more fluid. It's natural and sits in the background.

Talking about new tech is more of a stargate thing

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The fluidity of fantasy lets the Falcon be anything you want it to be... for example, I envision the amount of external freight is limited by the capacity of the ship's hyperspace 'bubble' envelope. Also, we should be mindful that she is spaceship and hence not strictly subject to aerodynamic principles when speaking of path agility (which is purely subject to force vectors and mass - hence Apollo's backwards ride to the Moon.)

Tugs have always been lots of power on a small agile platform (aka 'hull') If you can translate that power into speed and have a modicum of cargo capacity, then you have a good smuggler's ship...

Would there be hope for YT-1300 variants based on different configurations? We'll see...

Regards, Robert
According to an article on makingstarwars.net we will see how the Falcon carries cargo in the Han Solo film and see a very different looking Falcon. Sounds like a much more obvious difference than the changes we have seen between the current films. The article may have some minor spoilers if you don't want to know anything about the film.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I was SO enamoured of Bandai's work!

They started off with such great promise!

BUT these "lofty heights" produce such a fall!

a falcon ridiculously priced, teeny, tiny vehicles,...

"oh the humanities!"

Not surprised about the colouring of the executioner trooper.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

TazMan2000

It's cool that Bandai gives you the option to do the TFA version in the instructions. "Cool" meaning that they just suckered you into buying a "special" version of Poe's X-Wing.

SB
This version will probably replace the TFA version. There isn't much reason to produce both.

If you have the old one, wouldn't the only reason to buy the new one be to get the extra engine or your a completist.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

It looks like the "flat" tradition for the standing pilot continues

I blame Hasbro. It seems they like any vaguely related competition. Kind of like how the FFG Imperial Assault game (and thus the cool figures in it) is being killed by Hasbro because they consider it a board game, not a miniatures game

Yep. The really nice turbines look good and make sense... until you open the wings.

Then again, the original X-Wing had lower turbines that the landing gear retracted right into, so... none of this makes much logical sense! :lol:cheers

Edit: I think we probably should conclude that the engines are just not "turbines" that spin like they do on Earth. maybe they suck in air when operating in an atmosphere, but otherwise they're a different type of engine. Thinking that allows me to sleep at night. :p

How about assuming the engines are just cowlings directing air/(space particles?) into some sort of engine. Look at the F-104. It has these half spikes on each side directing air into the engine into similar shaped ( to the TFA X-wings) cowlings. the turbine or whatever it is inside the cowling of th X-wing does not have to be the same shape as the cowling.

TazMan2000

Then again, the original X-Wing had lower turbines that the landing gear retracted right into, so... none of this makes much logical sense! :lol:cheers

Edit: I think we probably should conclude that the engines are just not "turbines" that spin like they do on Earth. maybe they suck in air when operating in an atmosphere, but otherwise they're a different type of engine. Thinking that allows me to sleep at night. :p

SW cross sections labels these as gyros or somesuch.

6ZwDzSO.jpg

When I first saw the newer x-wings I had hoped that the turbine part stayed closed, but that the wings revolved on them to be opened. I don't know if I can explain it properly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back