JFcustom's FOAM files

Does anyone know how to make a pdo file foam friendly? I have these White Ranger files, but my first try with 6mm went straight to hell.

White ranger helmets pep.jpg

I believe one key factor in 'converting' .pdo files is that depth is usually 'replaced' by foam thickness,so try and strip the model of everything redundant like edges.
Aside from this,what went wrong with your Ranger helmet?

What method should be used to attach short hairs (20mm/30mm) to foam to create a layer,for example when creating a cat/tiger mask/coat?
Does this differ much from the method used to create Chewbacca's coat?
Thanks so much for any feedback on this

Some one have the foam file for clayton carmine from gear of war.

I saw it here but its the pdo file and really dont know how delete most things that dont use it.

Another huge thank-you to JFcustom for the provided files in this thread,which recently helped me find a solution for my costume.
Most 3D models for whatever reason are depicted with their arms at a 45 degree angle,so when you lower your arm all the way,you're left with a gap in the shoulder.
After some trial & error in paper building,I have succesfully used the shoulder of the Space Marine model (page 1) to fill up the remaining gap (trimmed the existing shoulder and added the new piece).
Minor issue,but important enough for me personally after losing so much sleep over trying to solve it.Thank you,JF !

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who ran into trouble with hotglue not really bonding to foam: I sanded the foam lightly and then applied the hotglue.Worked like a charm.

Last edited:
Hiya. I would like to say thank you. The information in this thread, has been incredibly helpful. It would have been about 2 and a half years ago I downloaded the templates for the 40K space marine. This weekend I finished off my build enough that I was happy for it to be seen in public and went off to my first Comic-Con in costume, after fist dropping in on my local Games Workshop store. So thank you for putting a huge grin on my face.

IMG_0487.JPG IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0493.JPG IMG_0512.JPG IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG Games Workshop Gloucester 2017 1.jpg IMG_0529.JPG IMG_0534.JPG IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0538.JPG

Now I really must make a cooling system :D

Hi M and thanks for sharing the images.
You could easily put together a cooling system with a small pc fan,a battery pack or single 9v battery,a switch,and connector for safely connecting the wires.I've seen tutorials on youtube for this.

Amazing stuff here. Anyone out there that can convert alien xeno files? I'm working on a making costume for my 10 year old son. I'm on a mac, and cannot figure out anyway around it.

On behalf of a friend I would like to ask those who build their cardstock models (for fibre glassing and bondoing) how they get their angles.With tabs just like for paper models,or different? I work with foam and I didn't really have an answer except about the mock up paper models I use for test fitting.
Thank you in advance for your help.

On behalf of a friend I would like to ask those who build their cardstock models (for fibre glassing and bondoing) how they get their angles.With tabs just like for paper models,or different? I work with foam and I didn't really have an answer except about the mock up paper models I use for test fitting.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Same thing. Just using card stock instead of paper. Hell, I don't use "paper" for paper models anyway. Just different thickness.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

so i really do hate to be the guy that asks this for like the millionth time(estimation) but do we have a usable foam template for the Vanquish Blade Weapon system or is that still in the works....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back