Ducktales 2017

Unlike the extras for Star Trek 2009, where they put forced subtitles on the screen whenever Tommy Gormley says anything :facepalm

that's something i hate.

You ever watch ghost adventures.. when they go to places like ireland or scottland, the guy is PERFECTLY understandable talking about the Kilarney Cat ( I think it was) yet they put subtitles under it anyway.

Not all american's are idiots....TVC :)

i don't know if the art is ugly, or just so different from the style of the other series that it just LOOKS that way.

ducktales.jpg

the actual design of Gizmo duck actually is the first thing from this series that i actually like ;o).

Everything else,......including the 'kids' who sound like they are 40, not so much :)

yeah i like the looks of gizmo, but fletcher looks totally different from what i remember... i agree with you the kids design looks a little weird too. i dont know what it is, i will eventually expect it. but i agree that the kids look "off"

yeah i like the looks of gizmo, but fletcher looks totally different from what i remember... i agree with you the kids design looks a little weird too. i dont know what it is, i will eventually expect it. but i agree that the kids look "off"

I understand they probably had to do something DRASTICALLY different visually so people don't compare it to the older series...

but it just looks too stylized for my tatstes..

I understand they probably had to do something DRASTICALLY different visually so people don't compare it to the older series...

exactly, i have to get use to the "new look" of cartoons. pokemon, dragon ball, now this, all looks way too "clean" of animation to me.

exactly, i have to get use to the "new look" of cartoons. pokemon, dragon ball, now this, all looks way too "clean" of animation to me.

I don't mind the clean animation so much. Older shows would probably look weird cleaned up for HD animation too.

It's shows done in Flash, or whatever is used now other than cells that make it seem 'cheaper' too me somehow. take a look at some of the new dragonball animation in super for example...

yet other episodes of the show look just fine :/.....weird.

IMO changing things just for the sake of change is often a mistake.

They do it all the time and I don't see why. Where is Hollywood's famous laziness & lack of creativity when we need it?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO changing things just for the sake of change is often a mistake.

They do it all the time and I don't see why. Where is Hollywood's famous laziness & lack of creativity when we need it?

ahh, but if the needless change works for the person in charge, they'll be seen as the next george lucas visionary, despite not having done anything visionary ;o)

it just morphed into something else :)

Changing the look drastically is actually a huge departure from tradition for Disney. Usually small changes are made, slowly over time, since as a company part of the Disney gimmick has always been that they are the same characters starring in different shows as if they were real life actors.

you sound like you are trying to convince yourself :)

watchable doesn't always mean good. just 'doesn't look horrible enough to skip' ;o)

Well, I wasn't the biggest Ducktales fan back in the day so this one looks just ok. No strong opinions. The style seems very modern. I wonder if this is how the new TMNT 2d will look like?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back