The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

This is a general observation but do the sidewalls seem a bit shorter on the TFA falcon? Or maybe the hull curls down a bit more. I've been looking at a lot of pics of the five footer recently and it seems a bit blockier

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is a general observation but do the sidewalls seem a bit shorter on the TFA falcon? Or maybe the hull curls down a bit more. I've been looking at a lot of pics of the five footer recently and it seems a bit blockier

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I think she looks about the same:

Comp%203.jpg

Compare%202.jpg

J

Aaaaaaannd I'll say it again, Falcon aficionado! John you should be hired as the technical advisor to the Star Wars movies! Makes my head hurt on how much you know! Thanks for doing all this crazy research and making it available to scrubs like me. Many many thanks. Any Falcon I have or ever will build is 25% better because of you. Thank you!

Jake
[h=3][/h]

How is it possible for you to make it THAT accurate. I think it's exactly like in the force awakens movie as all the color actually matches perfectly.I mean it's just so realastic and it looks much bigger than 1/144. I've been making Falcon too but my color doesn't come as accurate as yours especially the base color which what makes the falcon look right. Is it ok for you to list the colors that you use it for the Falcon. Yours is too great I'm sure many people thinks the same. I know that people have different tastes but since I want my Falcon to be like in the movie,I'm using yours as reference. Btw I'm newbie and I was glad to see "open to everyone"

How is it possible for you to make it THAT accurate. I think it's exactly like in the force awakens movie as all the color actually matches perfectly.I mean it's just so realastic and it looks much bigger than 1/144. I've been making Falcon too but my color doesn't come as accurate as yours especially the base color which what makes the falcon look right. Is it ok for you to list the colors that you use it for the Falcon. Yours is too great I'm sure many people thinks the same. I know that people have different tastes but since I want my Falcon to be like in the movie,I'm using yours as reference. Btw I'm newbie and glad to see all the people's work:)

How is it possible for you to make it THAT accurate. I think it's exactly like in the force awakens movie as all the color actually matches perfectly.I mean it's just so realastic and it looks much bigger than 1/144. I've been making Falcon too but my color doesn't come as accurate as yours especially the base color which what makes the falcon look right. Is it ok for you to list the colors that you use it for the Falcon. Yours is too great I'm sure many people thinks the same. I know that people have different tastes but since I want my Falcon to be like in the movie,I'm using yours as reference. Btw I'm newbie and glad to see all the people's work:)

Wow thanks Keigo,....sorry it's been a while since I've been back on this thread.....the colours I used for the base of the Falcon is Vallejo white mixed with deck tan 50/50%.....the red is Cavalier Brown also by Vallejo

Well I've had a break from modelling for a good while due to it being really busy in work.....but I'm posting images of my FineMolds Falcon 1/72 that I started at the beginning of the thread.....the one that I was inspired by Hunk'a'Junk's FM Falcon......I did a bit of re-panneling....& now that I look back at it,...it looks a bit off,...so I might re-do some of it

My concept is to make the mandibles & sidewalls like the meat of a burger.....have it all done,....engine lights & all.....then to place the top & bottom hull....like the burger bap/bun.....I've corrected the curvature.....& gone past what the curvature of what the 32"....& made it the same as the 5 footer,...using Maruska's illustrations......I'm gonna make the model with the greeblies of the FineMolds kit,.....but if I can substitute any for something which resembles the 5 footer,...I will

I hope to be able to have her as either 3 gear or 5 gear

IMG_4226_zpsafpbsrxl.jpg

IMG_4227_zpsqymligpk.jpg

IMG_4228_zpsxlnuahlt.jpg

IMG_4229_zpsuzj8wh65.jpg

IMG_4230_zpsyi3ycowg.jpg

IMG_4231_zpstig2dxre.jpg

IMG_4232_zpspn1p2ete.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsttn03muf.jpg

Thanks for looking folks,....progress soon

J

Last edited:
Nice work J-Man, great to see updates from you again

As always, if you'd like some parts sent over please feel totally free to PM me.....I've got stacks of moulds and casts made already for my 72nd scale Falcon scratchbuild as you can imagine

W

Hey guys some more progress with the Finemolds 1/72 mod.......after working on my big Hasbro Falcon & realising that the mandibles were drooping a bit after removing the sidewalls,....I decided to work from scratch with them:

IMG_4420_zpsunzd6tgt.jpg

IMG_4422_zpshtgzwgp8.jpg

So I went ahead & used the same technique with the Finemolds:

IMG_4404_zpsnggyjqij.jpg

IMG_4405_zpsggpcqgqv.jpg

IMG_4406_zps0kawzbbd.jpg

IMG_4407_zpsxv38gnay.jpg

IMG_4408_zpscgskvxp4.jpg

IMG_4423_zpsprqfsobd.jpg

IMG_4424_zpssnrcfqnk.jpg

IMG_4425_zpsnkvjkoub.jpg

IMG_4426_zpsprmc6d41.jpg

IMG_4427_zpsjvv8wrod.jpg

IMG_4428_zpsv9xswfyt.jpg

IMG_4429_zpsgced6nyv.jpg

IMG_4430_zpsfshi9c0z.jpg

IMG_4431_zpsbjeufokx.jpg

IMG_4432_zpse9xoo3rb.jpg

Thanks for looking
J

Gaps between the thruster flaps...

Dear God YES, so much this. If there is one thing that triggers any latent OCD I have about builds I've seen, is that I don't ever recall seeing any modeler slot the plastic between the exhaust flaps. I mean, they're supposed to be capable of independent movement...I mean, a hydraulic ram is attached to each flap, yes?

Millenium-Falcon flap.jpg

Dear God YES, so much this. If there is one thing that triggers any latent OCD I have about builds I've seen, is that I don't ever recall seeing any modeler slot the plastic between the exhaust flaps. I mean, they're supposed to be capable of independent movement...I mean, a hydraulic ram is attached to each flap...

View attachment 644969

I've seen it done,...but you need to be VERY careful keeping the saw on target.....go off course, even the slightest, can ruin the look......then it's almost impossible to put right.....or even fill back to original to cover your mistake

J

I've seen it done,...but you need to be VERY careful keeping the saw on target.....go off course, even the slightest, can ruin the look......then it's almost impossible to put right.....or even fill back to original to cover your mistake

J

Truth. I don't think I could pull this off on the 1/144 TFA Falcon. However, if they ever come out with a big 1/72 kit. (LOOKING AT YOU BANDAI).

PS: Maybe carefully scribing/removing material with an X-Acto blade?

PSS: Of course I could see it being done with the D'agostino model, but I'm too cheap and impatient lol.

How is it possible for you to make it THAT accurate. I think it's exactly like in the force awakens movie as all the color actually matches perfectly.I mean it's just so realastic and it looks much bigger than 1/144. I've been making Falcon too but my color doesn't come as accurate as yours especially the base color which what makes the falcon look right. Is it ok for you to list the colors that you use it for the Falcon. Yours is too great I'm sure many people thinks the same. I know that people have different tastes but since I want my Falcon to be like in the movie,I'm using yours as reference. Btw I'm newbie and I was glad to see "open to everyone"

One thing I've found is that the color is never 100% correct. No matter the base coat, preshading washes, drybrush etc etc. its always "off". BUT... what I've also found is that after considerable dirtying up and I do mean dirty... it gets damn close. Add in the chipping and scaring and suddenly you've got a really respectable model.

Its a process. You go through all the steps and bam - it suddenly looks pretty good. The trick is to learn and understand the process and trust it. You only get that by doing it. I taught myself by painting and weathering anything I could find that was plastic. Glue on some greeblies to old soda bottles prime and paint away.

To bring it back to this thread - I JUST detailed the 1/144 Bandai Falcon this weekend. At first I was REALLY unhappy with the black primer and off white basecoat I applied. It just looked too toylike. But I forged ahead and applied all the little piping, and decals, then took my charcoal pencil and added streaks all over it wiped them off center to edge several times and scrapped the decals lightly to create some chipping then did the pencil thing 2 more times... When I was done I put it down and looked at it and was pretty happy. Its still not "done", but its not a "toy" anymore and basically as is I "could" display it sand be reasonably happy. But I'm a falcon nut so I've got a bit more super-detailing to do.

So long and short - just keep plugging at learning to weather then apply what you learn to the model. it'll be fine :)

Jedi Dade

hey guys,

saw these today, and thought they might be of interest to you all.

episode 8 set images.

13920468_1099488580138684_8714389375620500057_o.jpg
13895430_1099487906805418_4214088511753846175_n.jpg
detailed-set-photos-of-the-millennium-falcon-from-star-wars-episode-viii.jpg

notice the F1 boxes have been changed!

They are pretty crazy looking....but you find loads of similar discrepancies on the full size sets in ANH, ESB & TFA,....id say the CG asset will be unchanged.....hopefully the asset will show a less modified 3 gear Falcon for the Han Solo movie

J

bah... the jawboxes are too fat/tall...

<DUCKS FOR COVER>

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back