JFcustom's FOAM files

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked but I'm trying to open the Rocketeer Helmet: I press it and it takes me to a new page which is full of code?! (i'm using Firefox). I click it with Internet Explorer and it says "Blank Page".

I just want the Pepakura file of the Rocketeer Helmet featured on this post.

Please can someone help me as I really want to make this project!!

Thank you,

Danny :)

Right click the link, then click "save link as" or similar option. It will want to save it as a text file. Let it do that; it'll save as a PDO. Then open in pepakura! Win!

Thank you collinE83,

This worked straight away! :)

I'm guessing others on here have made a Rocketeer costume too: wondered how people made their Jet pack?

As always thank you all here on the RPF, you're all very helpful.

Danny :)

Has anyone ever tried "Ram Board" used by contractors and movers to protect flooring for pepakura, it seems to lay flat and has a bit of weight to it. It comes in rolls for $30 or so.
I was thinking this might be a good medium for pep-ing a helmet.

Anyone have any experience with these Foam Werks tools?

I have the blue straight/bevel cutter. I like it, but I haven't used it since I first started.

Kinda how you see those chefs on tv and they'll be like "why would you need a special gadget to chop your vegetables when you have a knife?" and then they take just their knife and create a fancy flower bouquet with spirals and shapes, but you try to chop a carrot and it takes you 5 minutes to cut 10 mismatch pieces.

After cutting foam long enough, there isn't much special about those tools, but maybe starting out, it's going to be the only way to cut an angle evenly and cleanly. You'll have to get a good supply of blades for them, or get a sharpener, but other than that they're pretty solid tools for soecific jobs.

Colline83 is straight-up right on the tools you can get and use. Not a bragging point, but I've made easily 40 foam suits, and that was after the old-school pepakura building. When I first got into this stuff, I got one of the mat-cutters that Stealth (who was a pioneer in all of this) had mentioned using for 45s and other stuff. There are a lot of people that swear upon specialty tools, specific cutters, and a not-so-easily available set of tools.... Know what I used? A box cutter. And after I got really good, know what I used? A BOX CUTTER. Yes, there are moments when having a standard Xacto blade to cut sharp corners is perfect, especially for sharpened layer details..... But otherwise? No. Pepakura, whether with paper, cardboard, or foam, is a passion of patience. There is no instant gratification. Having said that, if you are willing to put the time in, and what you are working on MEANS something to you, it's all worth the effort. It's like anything these days, if it was easy, everybody would be doing it. :)

Has anyone ever tried "Ram Board" used by contractors and movers to protect flooring for pepakura, it seems to lay flat and has a bit of weight to it. It comes in rolls for $30 or so.
I was thinking this might be a good medium for pep-ing a helmet.

I've looked at it as a possibility too. The only concern I had was that it's supposed to protect floors, and they probably built in some kind of moisture blocker that would keep resin from really bonding with it. Apart from that it seems like a great material to build with. If you end up trying it, let us know how it works out!

Hi, my name is Imran. I'm From Makassar (Indonesia). Now, I'm making Darth Vader helmet from your Pepakura pattern. But, when i make it, the helmet is bigger than my head. (I was print from your file pepakura) So, how to scale that helmet can accordance with the size of my head? Thank You :)
20160103_195600.jpg20160103_195639.jpg20160103_195728.jpg
Howto :

http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/printalignmentmarks.gif

After having ticked "print alignment marks for multiple pages" in "setting / print setting", you can print your pages. Then, cut away the top and left margins of each of them, and then tape all of them together to obtain a laaarge single page.

Then, cut out your paper pieces just like they are.

If these pieces are too large for your foam hight or width, you'll have to choose between cutting your piece of paper in smaller parts to match your foam sheets size, of seaming multiple foam sheets to obtain a single and large enough foam sheet to match your paper piece size.

Step by step :
Be sure to set A4 or Letter properly, or you'll run the risk to print outside the paper.
You should tape the sheets before cutting the patterns :

1. print your sheets
2. tape your sheets
2.1- match the alignment marks

http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/pdotape01.jpg

2.2- tape the corners

http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/pdotape02.jpg

2.3- tape the whole meeting sides

http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/pdotape03.jpg

... and only then you can cut up your masks. This way you can instantly notice if something's wrong before cuting and before taping, and It prevents both hazardous taping and multiple pieces parts spreading.

3. cut your paper masks
4. cut your foam from the masks
5. you get less and bigger foam parts, you save gluing time, and less junctions means nicer curves an inproved "anti-aliasing".

http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/darkvader.jpg
Dark Vader helmet - foam unfold JFcustom.pdo

Last edited:
IMG_20151025_193020.jpgUntitled.jpgIMG_20160124_053147.jpg Just thought I'd share my 3rd attempt at my 6 year olds ironman mk4 suits helmet. Not sure how to get foam to keep shape without faceplate. suggestions?
I completed most of it moments before Halloween 2015 as you can see from the state of my work area. lol.

Attachments

• 20151031_181519.jpg
    20151031_181519.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Hi, my name is Imran. I'm From Makassar (Indonesia). Now, I'm making Darth Vader helmet from your Pepakura pattern. But, when i make it, the helmet is bigger than my head. (I was print from your file pepakura) So, how to scale that helmet can accordance with the size of my head? Thank You :)
Hi Imran,and welcome to the RPF.
When you have opened your file in pepakura,go to "2D menue" and choose "change scale".
Measure all sides from your head between two objects,and fill in one of the numbers that you get.The rest will automatically be changed by pepakura.
Remember to add about 5-10mm because of the foam thickness.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back