The dark knight JF custom files page 3

HI! Everyone , i am working on the dark knight pep files, a few days ago i found a good 3d model of TDK, i dont know who is the author, if somebody know who he is , please let me know to include his name.

This will be the foam edition, i think they are going to be good enough to build a nice replica of TDK.

I will be posting the files in a few day .

I let you some images of the armor.

chestandback.png

forearm.png

shouldere.png

abdomenc.png

legij.png

I am requesting for help to unfold the TDK files, i do not have enough time to unfold the files, if somebody wants to help to do that job, i will be glad to share the files, please send me a private message if someone is interested.

RAW MATERIAL FOR UNFOLDING: TDK-FILES_2 - Download - 4shared
Wow! Just what I've been looking for :) Thanks man!

The origional model is Pichet Paithoons so the ultimate thanks goes to him. I tore the model apart and listed all the. Obj files because i am totally inept with converting to pep.
The origional link can be found here : http://www.therpf.com/f24/batman-tdk-obj-files-177291/ .
JF, I was hoping you would take a crack at these. Your work is amazing.

These are some pics of the complete model assembled.
2013-03-10_19-56-07_46_zps08d4689a.jpg

2013-03-10_19-56-23_587_zpsd9a58976.jpg

Re: The dark knight pep files very soon!! requesting for help to unfold the TDK Files

Wow, these works look really great. Be making one for myself. May I request anyone to send me a message on the files password as I'm trying to scale it on my size.

Thanks in advance!

So.... I'll be building this VERY soon..... does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share about piecing all of this together without it falling all apart?.... Just a question.... :p

-The Armorer

you sir, are a life saver:$ i have another question. could i take card board and use it instead of foam for files thats made for foam?

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. My 3yr old son would love to be Batman this year for Halloween with that being said I was wondering if someone would be willing to teach me how to scale this down to size correctly for a little guy like my son. Any help will be greatly appreciated by myself and my son. I did an Iron Man pep last year for him but it was difficult to size because I really didnt know how so I just kept cutting it down to what looked to be a good size for him. I would really love to learn how to size the correct way.

Thanks again

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. My 3yr old son would love to be Batman this year for Halloween with that being said I was wondering if someone would be willing to teach me how to scale this down to size correctly for a little guy like my son. Any help will be greatly appreciated by myself and my son. I did an Iron Man pep last year for him but it was difficult to size because I really didnt know how so I just kept cutting it down to what looked to be a good size for him. I would really love to learn how to size the correct way.

Thanks again

Hey, Espejo. I could try and tell you, but youtube is so much easier...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYVql1TvUIE
This is a video I dug up, but there are various other ones you can follow on the subject. If nothing else, it shows you where to locate the scaling function and gives you some ideas on how to increase or decrease the scale on your own.
My personal advise is to take some individual measurements of the width of your son's head with a pair of calipers. You don't need store bought calipers, you can make a set out of cardboard and a brad (or small nut and bolt...that's what I've done...I'm cheap...) and then measure the distance of the gap with a ruler. You can then use the measuring tools in Pepakura to find out how big you need to adjust the helmet. Keep in mind, Pep uses centimeters not inches. You'll need to convert your measurements before you can use them.
To measure the distance in Pepakura, go to "2D Menu" tab at the top. Then, you pick the first one down, "Edit Mode." Then, the last one in the box, "Measure distance between two points." Find two points opposite of each other on either side of the 3D model and click on them. A window will pop up and tell you the distance. Simple adjust the scale of the helmet till the distance is a bit larger than your son's head.
You can check other measurements the same way till you've got the helmet tailor-made for your son. Remember to give a little padding space around your son's measurements. You don't want it so tight he can't wear it.
Hope this helps! Good luck.

OK, i've put this together... probably with thicker foam than I should have ( I think its about 10mm) and for the life of me I can't figure out how to put the ears together, everythin else is ok (it is my first try at this ad glue is everywhere haha) but I only used 1 sheet of EVA and it was VERY rushed so I am happy with the outcome, I just need help with the ears.
I've used the 3d model as a guide, but should I cut the edges of the ears to a angle to make them fit? When I fold the back part of the ears, it doesnt make the same shape as the model.

Yes. Cut the edges of the ear pieces at an angle so they come out sleek and sharp. 10mm is probably too thick. I made mine with 3mm.
IMAG0082_zpsmb9dpxe0.jpg

IMAG0083_zpscyks4bb9.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back