JFcustom's FOAM files

It's been awhile but I finally got around to the Raptor helmet. Already have it torn apart for modifications since it won't stay this way since I see a Predator in there. I left the default scale but it was too small so I split the back and added foam there and down the back side and it worked fine.

Attachments

• 10396961_532923790167512_5418148982832619135_o.jpg
    10396961_532923790167512_5418148982832619135_o.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Ok.. so I've decided either I have a massive head.. or you guys have tiny heads... The latter is probably the most appropriate answer. None of these fit at the default settings. Do I have to get Pepakura Designer to scale them up slightly?

Other than that JF.. Awesome work.. thanks.

I love all of the foam unfolds, thanks to everyone, but most of the links are broken. They do not let you download the .pdo file. Can someone fix this or direct me to where I can find more foam templates?? Thanks in advance.

I love all of the foam unfolds, thanks to everyone, but most of the links are broken. They do not let you download the .pdo file. Can someone fix this or direct me to where I can find more foam templates?? Thanks in advance.

I just tried 6 different links, and they all worked, so I'm not sure which links you are talking about. If it opens as gibberish when you click on it, then right mouse-click, select save target as... or save link as..., and it will save as a .pdo.

Have a question. I've built about three test starlord helmets and cant seem to get the top of the face plate (part right above the eyes to be exact) to form properly with the bends. Any suggestions?

Hey would you be interested in unfolding a full new 52 cyborg file and adding it to your collection here?image.jpgimage.jpg I'm having this modeled up to build and just need it converted to foam

I just tried 6 different links, and they all worked, so I'm not sure which links you are talking about. If it opens as gibberish when you click on it, then right mouse-click, select save target as... or save link as..., and it will save as a .pdo.

Alternatively use a different browser, i think this is just a problem with the current version of Firefox

So i decided to do this as opposed to fiberglassing and trying to bondo everything. However the problem i ran into is that the project looks off, i was wondering what i did wrong. I used
6mm foam and cut the pattern directly to the foam.
View attachment 332608

And as you can see below this is the end result, its seems ok but its off for some reason, an the second pic is the parper version. Should i just glass and bondo the first one or retry the foam. It seems easier to foam cut and glue.
View attachment 332610 View attachment 332614
it looks awesome. foam can be tricky to build and is more dependent on skill than paper pep imo. its off because of your assembly tech...read the first page of this thread. the great one took a lot of time to walk us all thru his kungfu. its not bad but you can achieve a sharper look with better assembly tech. watch his videos and also durkness videos on how he builds youll see what i mean. practice make perfect. blackdynamo advised me once to build as much as i can. theres also a lot you can do to the foam helmet once ist already built to enhance angles smooth edges or add detail. once you seal paint and weather it'll look awesome. the next one you make will be even better.

Big thanks to JFC for these files, and also to MorbidCharlie for helping me with the alignment problem which he addressed back on page 87. If I can make any progress with my suit I will try to post pics as well.

Quick question... has anyone managed to build one of these Iron Man suits without using an undersuit?

They don't seem near as noticeable in the movie, but I don't know if that's CGI or costuming. My main gripe is I would hate to spend a ton of time on this costume and not be able to find a color match for the armor. I've only done minimal searching, but I haven't seen too many underarmor shirts in hot rod red.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back