Batman TDK Cowl and Batsuit Pepakura Files

I really hope someone manages to complete a TDK armour pep file.

Creating your own suit would be awesome, Lucius would be proud.

I've made one with foam, a freehand build. I'll work in another one. http://www.therpf.com/f24/batman-tdk-freehand-custom-suit-eva-crappy-build-182209/

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I've been working in the cowl, and tried to build it with 2/3mm foam. Here's the result. There's no finishing yet, I'll work on that.

DSC05185.JPGDSC05187.JPG

HI everyone, thought id just put my efforts into the mix. some good looking builds here, but gotta say i think most people are using the wrong kind of foam for this..
Here is my un-finished one, still a bit more detail to add...Using a softer 6mm foam, easier to shape....

2013-07-25 23.42.50-2.jpg2013-07-26 00.00.50.jpg

Hi there ruze789 do u have the file for the bane mask for foam ive been looking for one tried my attempt at making my own but not to happy id appreciate it

This is my first attempt at pep and my first experience with fiberglass resin and filler. Great pep file, thanks! Think I went overboard with the filler, but I think I'm getting there ! Great learning curve. Family, friends and a couple of builders who found me working on this on my porch were quite interested/confused. Not even close to finished but wanted to share! First actual contribution to RPF! photo (3).JPG

Re: Batman TDK Cowl Pepakura File

Here's that PDF, sorry about the delay. Let me know if you need the scale changed at all.
Ruze789 TDK Cowl Letter.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

The hole is definitely not big enough for a head to fit through. I was planning on cutting out a section of the lower back and attaching it via magnets, like an Iron Man helmet. There would be a seam line but I think a seam would be better than missing a large section of the back to get your head to fit in.

Here's the cut line I had in mind, I did not get to build this helmet so I didn't get to see if it would work:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8175/8066792899_5436476dc0.jpg

I'm going to be tied up with Dark Knight stuff for a while, I don't know that I'll be able to get to a Beyond cowl anytime soon.

So i'm late to the party and need to find the pdf file for the foam batman cowl can anyone help me with this? my email is kinaboxer@hotmail.com I have 20 days to get this all done and any help woudl be great thanks,

What's the difference between a "foam unfold" and a non-foam unfold?

Foam unfold is intended to be built in EVA foam. Some of the intrincated and very thin parts of the 2D model are not used into the build, because of the foam thickness take the same role of these parts. The "non-foam" actually is intended for paper builds. If you take a look in any model around here which has both versions (Iron Man helmets, for example), it will be clear. Cheers!

Foam unfold is intended to be built in EVA foam. Some of the intrincated and very thin parts of the 2D model are not used into the build, because of the foam thickness take the same role of these parts. The "non-foam" actually is intended for paper builds. If you take a look in any model around here which has both versions (Iron Man helmets, for example), it will be clear. Cheers!

Got it. So you can't just build from foam using a paper unfold? When you do the unfold, do you tell the program the thickness of the material to be used and the software takes care of the rest?

Got it. So you can't just build from foam using a paper unfold? When you do the unfold, do you tell the program the thickness of the material to be used and the software takes care of the rest?

Well, you can theoretically build with foam with a paper unfold. If you use the file "as is", it will be tremendously difficult (that's why foam unfolds exist). Alternatively, you can do a personal foam unfold. With Pepakura Designer, you can separate the thinner parts as you wish.

Which leads to the second question: the software does not understand the thickness. There are two versions of the pepakura software: "viewer" and "designer". With Viewer, you can only view and print the file. With Designer, you can make many adjustments, including scale (Height, width, etc...). But not thickness. To achieve the proper dimension of a piece (a helmet, for example) , you have to measure your head, and take in account the thickness of the material you're working with. There are many ways to do this, make a search, you'll need to take a look in some tutorials as well. I like trial-and-error :D

For a general yet comprehensive introduction, please go to this link. You'll find many files there as well.

Best regards!

www.therpf.com/f24/foam-speed-building-filesntricks-daft-punk-helmet-148889/

uploadfromtaptalk1390752771848.jpg Couldnt resist... thanks for your model man.. making this as a gift for my brother..

still a WIP, so far its been resin-ed and fiberglassed, added talc+resin to the outside instead of bondo, sprayed on a thin coat of paint to see its imperfections, will be sanding this down tomorrow. I am so excited!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back