JFcustom's FOAM files

I know this sounds silly but he asked for that 1" difference as he needs to add an inch if clay on so he can sculpt it. After this he will try and make fibreglass copy of it so it will be 6' and not 6'1. This is his way in making a fibreglass suit instead of fibreglassing the foam. He is a great sculptor and he is putting that to use.

so yes sound silly for 1" but he asked for it and I would just like do to it for him. Any idea how I can scale it down?

thanks guys

Actually, these 6' are the size of the guy inside the suit.
The suit itself is taller, because of soles and helmet.

You could always build each part of the suit so that it finally would reach exactly 6' in theory according to your computer, but even there it will in real life measure something between 5'8" and 6'3", depending of the gap left between boots ans shins, between thighs and cod, neck and helmet, also how deep is the abs/chest overlap, thickness of the foam that will push the neck down in the chest, and so on. There are so many pieces anyway that you might easily get a 1" margin of error only by translating the templates onto your foam.

Anyway, the scaling rule is :

My friend bought 7 shirts for $63,
how much will 5 shirts cost me ?

Easy, right ?
It's ($63/7)*5
That's $45.

Now:

My 72" tall friend uses a 25 scale factor,
what's the scale for my 71" tallness ?

Strictly the same, it's (25/72")*71"

;)

OK. so on pepakura, I opened Your MK2/3 file and on the scale it says. 1.650000

1.65 / 6 = 0.275
0.275 x 5.11 = 1.405250

so I shall put the scale in at 1.405250?

1.650000 height of chest reads 450mm
1.405250 height of chest reads 383mm

thats quite abit difference for 1" and that is just the chest alone

OR am I suppose to ignore scale and do the formula on the height? that makes more sense!!

hahaha. Just did the fomula on the height and it works out the same ????!?!!? 383mm?

You can't compute with feet. You must translate in inches.
Because there's 12 inches in 1 foot.

your maths, lowest to highest :

real maths :
5.1 = 5.10

5.11' are not 5'11", just like 5.9999 feet are not 5 feet and 9999 inches.

Same, you can't say 1h5mn is 1.5 hour, nor 1 day and 12 hours are 1.12 days...
enclume.gif

Last edited:

now i just need claws lol.
*wanted thank jf and durkness for sharing their gluing and assembly techniques in their videos. its helped me build better and way faster.

Last edited:
You can't compute with feet. You must translate in inches.
Because there's 12 inches in 1 foot.

your maths, lowest to highest :

real maths :
5.1 = 5.10

5.11' are not 5'11", just like 5.9999 feet are not 5 feet and 9999 inches.

Same, you can't say 1h5mn is 1.5 hour, nor 1 day and 12 hours are 1.12 days... http://www.wintershade.com/therpf/enclume.gif

LOL oops. thanks for the maths lesson. I get what you mean now.

12 x 6 = 72
1.65 / 72 x 71 = 1.627

1.627 = height is 444mm :) so I will make everyting is the scale of 1.627 :)

Thank dude. you are amazing!

:facepalm oh crap i really hate math but, thanks for the info on scaling the mk2/3 files. . .i never built one again because i suck at scaling those :lol

Sifu your kungfu is strong!!! thankyou. after seeing the mk3 files and how cool the flaps are i was wondering if there was a mk4/6 back file floating around some where with separate flaps?
I haven't heard of such model...

someone by email said:
"spacemarine - foam unfold JFcustom.rar" what is the height the whole costume. I would like to make it bigger so i know ill have to make stiles for it but don't know how to make it bigger.....if you can help i would be grateful thanks.

Inside of the package you'll find a file named [Overall size = 186 cm.jpg]...
To make any part bigger, simply increase the scale using Pepakura Designer.

:)

Sifu your kungfu is strong!!! thankyou. after seeing the mk3 files and how cool the flaps are i was wondering if there was a mk4/6 back file floating around some where with separate flaps?

hey Mig407
try asking robo3687 if he can make the flaps usable on the mk4/6 it is his original model
good luck

Hey JF, two questions:
1 - When you're cutting the "internal" cut outs (the inner rectangle on the elbow bolt of the Mark VII for instance) are you just doing a regular cut, or do you have a different technique to make sure it comes out smooth?
2 - Regarding the elbow bolt on your Mark VII - I've looked at the pictures of the suit you've put together, but can't tell; did you make that a complete piece, or did you do the interior circle and out ring as two separate pieces?

Hey JF, two questions:
1 - When you're cutting the "internal" cut outs (the inner rectangle on the elbow bolt of the Mark VII for instance) are you just doing a regular cut, or do you have a different technique to make sure it comes out smooth?

The cookie-cutter trick works fine everytime :
http://www.therpf.com/f24/jfcustoms-foam-files-148889/index49.html#post3084521
however about very little areas I often simply carve them into the foam.

2 - Regarding the elbow bolt on your Mark VII - I've looked at the pictures of the suit you've put together, but can't tell; did you make that a complete piece, or did you do the interior circle and out ring as two separate pieces?

Well, the large inner circle is attached to the lower biceps, and both center and ring circles are attached together to the upper forearm. Pic :

On this one, the elbow is motionless and attached to the ring with the upper forearm. But here it's all up to you...

Is there pep file for ironman mk8 as I can only find the head in foam and not the rest of the armor if anyone could help please do I think im going blind lol

Is there pep file for ironman mk8 as I can only find the head in foam and not the rest of the armor if anyone could help please do I think im going blind lol

Check the first post of Helagak's mk42 thread, I believe there's a bit of the mk8 listed towards the end. Not sure how much is unfolded.

JFcustom I wanted to build the chest part of the Iron Man Extremis but when I opened up the pdo, only half of it is printable. Zooming out shows the other parts of the piece but there's no way to print them out. Do you happen to have the foam file for the other half of the chest, or know how I can access them? Great work putting all these up by the way! Already done the predator bio mask and it looks awesome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like I didn't post this.... must be over due since the Horus (chirp) one's are popping up everywhere, time for an Anubis. With everyone asking for templates, this is what JFcustom templates come out as. Of course details are free to interpretation.

Attachments

• 1091002_370200473106512_1614852742_o.jpg
    1091002_370200473106512_1614852742_o.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 555

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back