Harder & Steenbeck question

sztriki

Sr Member
Hi folks,
Well my noname Chinese airbrush finally kicked the bucket beyond my care so I'm planning to upgrade my airbrush. I'm looking at the H&S Ultra. Originally I wanted an Evolution, but I read quite a lot up on it and it seems that the nozzle-needle is basically the same all over the H&S range. I do however have a couple of questions still before pulling the trigger (no pun intended).
I seem to have conflicting information about what nozzle/needle sizes are available. I know as a standard it comes with a 0.2 set and in the 2 in 1 there is a 0.4 set, much like the Evo. What I'm not sure about and I heard pro and con if you can retrofit it with a 0.15 set? I'm not 100% sure I would need a 0.4 set unless I'm really going to start airbrushing on board or canvas.
Also, it looks kind of trivial, but it seems that by default it comes without a cup lid which seems odd.
Also my cheapo brush had a screw at the end that controlled how much the trigger can be pulled back therefore I could set up a maximum thickness stream of paint. Am I right assuming that it's only the Infinity that has this feature?
Thanks for any help!

I don't think that the 0.15 needle/nozzle or the trigger limiting rear section retro fit the Ultra. Best to check with the dealer, though. If the features matter to you it may be worth saving up for a model further up the range. .

I have a H&S Infinity CRplus 2 in 1 and it can use .15 .20 .40 and .60 nozzle/needle sets. Been using it for a couple of years and it's fantastic and easy to clean

I would call them and ask what other ones fit on the Evolution

http://germanairbrush.com/

Phone number at bottom of the page

Hi folks,
Well my noname Chinese airbrush finally kicked the bucket beyond my care so I'm planning to upgrade my airbrush. I'm looking at the H&S Ultra. Originally I wanted an Evolution, but I read quite a lot up on it and it seems that the nozzle-needle is basically the same all over the H&S range. I do however have a couple of questions still before pulling the trigger (no pun intended).
I seem to have conflicting information about what nozzle/needle sizes are available. I know as a standard it comes with a 0.2 set and in the 2 in 1 there is a 0.4 set, much like the Evo. What I'm not sure about and I heard pro and con if you can retrofit it with a 0.15 set? I'm not 100% sure I would need a 0.4 set unless I'm really going to start airbrushing on board or canvas.
Also, it looks kind of trivial, but it seems that by default it comes without a cup lid which seems odd.
Also my cheapo brush had a screw at the end that controlled how much the trigger can be pulled back therefore I could set up a maximum thickness stream of paint. Am I right assuming that it's only the Infinity that has this feature?
Thanks for any help!

I don't think that the 0.15 needle/nozzle or the trigger limiting rear section retro fit the Ultra. Best to check with the dealer, though. If the features matter to you it may be worth saving up for a model further up the range. .

I have a H&S Infinity CRplus 2 in 1 and it can use .15 .20 .40 and .60 nozzle/needle sets. Been using it for a couple of years and it's fantastic and easy to clean

I would call them and ask what other ones fit on the Evolution

http://germanairbrush.com/

Phone number at bottom of the page

Thanks for the feedback guys. I ended up biting the bullet and ordering an Evo. Can't wait for it to arrive. :cool

I've been reading up a bit (as I am planning to get the Ultra 2 in 1) and found that the 0.15 and 0.6 nozzle/needle sets will not fit in the Ultra.

I've been reading up a bit (as I am planning to get the Ultra 2 in 1) and found that the 0.15 and 0.6 nozzle/needle sets will not fit in the Ultra.
Yea the Ultra nozzles as far as I know are not compatible with the Evo. Evo and Infinity are supposed to be compatible. Saw your post in the other airbrush thread. You can buy cup lids for the H&S brushes, I was just using mine yesterday after a long time and it's been a fantastic upgrade, very easy to clean, really nice misting and spray, got clogged a bit after about 20 mins of work, took me 2 mins to quickly fix it without taking it apart much. Supply of spare parts however might be a problem in Australia...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back