"Fallout 4" T60 Helmet Build Up

Kerr Avon

Master Member
I received this kit this weekend and am going to start working on it. I did some very minor cleanup while I had time but will dive more in depth this upcoming weekend.

14344934_10208816763073803_4207946370789093336_n.jpg

One thing I'm working on right now is the side hoses. The hoses sent with the kit aren't quite accurate, the hoses seem to be more triangular-ribbed as seen in the below concept art.

T60 Power Armor Helmet Concept.JPG

Anyone have a good idea of where to source hoses like that? Closest I've found so far is gas mask hoses, like this. Though they seem more rounded. Any ideas?

Anyone have a good idea of where to source hoses like that? Closest I've found so far is gas mask hoses, like this. Though they seem more rounded. Any ideas?

You might want to look for garden pond hoses, they usually come with larger ribs. They are pretty heavy though... I used them for my first power armor helmet and they were just fine since the whole bucket was already heavy as hell (body filler massacre ^^)

A little progress today, been working on cleaning up the main helmet with a number of small bubbles or defects, and mounted the headlamp. I flattened out the interior and drilled a hole through to the interior of the helmet so I can wire it up for lights. I've seen small disc shaped LEDs with hyperbright lights, I think I'm going to try to fit one in there, then use a diffusion paper in front of it behind the lens. I also mounted the little arms around the visor with JB Weld so it'll be there as permanently as possible.

I've got much of this upcoming weekend planned for more work on it and have gone ahead and ordered those Russian gas mask tubes for the helmet. I'm sure Liberty Prime will be tickled to know there's Communist components in the helmet!

20160925-T60.jpg

check out the plumbing section of a hardware store, by the sink attachments. theres grey hose at Lowes in that area about 1 1/4 in diameter but has the right look to it. in the reference pic you posted that looks like vacuum cleaner hose. the ribs are further apart and more correct on the sink hose.

I'll check that out! I already have the Russian gas mask tubes on the way but I'll check out Lowes this weekend and look at it and see if it would be good or not.

I'm up to the base coat for the helmet. The arm on the right is taking long as I'm having to JB weld each piece on it together and let it cure completely before moving onto the next part but will have that done soon. Tomorrow I do some coloring for the BoS Knight helmet before clear coating the helmet prior to weathering.

T60BaseCoat.jpg

One thing I'm working on right now is the side hoses. The hoses sent with the kit aren't quite accurate, the hoses seem to be more triangular-ribbed as seen in the below concept art.

View attachment 665482

If you're wanting the more triangular type of hose rib, try searching for 'rubber bellows' which yields something closer to that in the picture.

If you're wanting the more triangular type of hose rib, try searching for 'rubber bellows' which yields something closer to that in the picture.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind if the gas mask hoses don't work out.

I finished up the base coat today and painted some highlights on the helmet, the left ear and some bright silver areas. I clearcoated it after this pic and after it's cured I can start with weathering and rust effects! The right arm with the gadgets on it is taking longer as there were four parts that needed to be JB Welded together and that stuff takes a good 24 hours to fully cure. I can sand and primer it tomorrow to start working on that too!

T60Clean.jpg

Below is the paintjob I'm trying to match, a Brotherhood of Steel Knight.

T60Knight.jpg

Received the Russian Gas Mask hoses, cut the screw piece ends off as they were too big to fit through the holes in the helmet and they seem to be a pretty good fit otherwise!

T60Russian1.jpg

T60Russian2.jpg

Gas Mask hoses look great. Your helm is really coming along nicely, looking forward to the finished product.
I really have to build myself a Fallout PA Helmet sometime.

Gas Mask hoses look great. Your helm is really coming along nicely, looking forward to the finished product.
I really have to build myself a Fallout PA Helmet sometime.

Thanks! I didn't get to make much progress on it this weekend, but have finished the base coats on the right arm and doohickies that are part of it. Clear coated it and temporarily attached the lenses. I'll start the weathering next Saturday.

T60Thingabob1.jpg

T60Thingabob2.jpg

I'm not quite done with the paintjob yet, but I'm fairly close. I went with the rusted battle worn look and I think so far it's coming out pretty good for a post apocalyptic power armor helmet! I want to work on some electronics to light up the headlamp and the night vision arm, but am not really good at that sort of thing so may have to get some help from some local electronics folks. I was thinking of getting fancy and doing an Arduino controller for different light configurations, maybe even sounds.

2016-10-31-T60 Power Armor 1.jpg

2016-10-31-T60 Power Armor 2.jpg

2016-10-31-T60 Power Armor 3.jpg

Man, I love that helmet. Did you end up getting other hoses or did you stick with the russian ones you mentioned? Nice work.

Man, I love that helmet. Did you end up getting other hoses or did you stick with the russian ones you mentioned? Nice work.

Thanks! I went with the Russian gas mask hoses. One looks brand new, the other is a bit more cracked and aged but will serve my purposes. I think they're pretty much perfect for the power armor helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back