Iron Man 3

It was a lot like dating in high school. You finally go out with that hot girl with the huge rack and take her home only to find out it was a padded bra. Kinda like that feeling. Kinda.

Except even w/o the padded bra, she's still a hot girl... I certainly wouldn't kick IM3 out of bed.

Dammit, these super hero movies all end the same. I know they have too, and I'm still going to watch them all. First world problem.

I had fun at the movies, and thats all I asked with this one. I know people were complaining about too much humor, but I love that stuff. Too be honest, I will probably forget about this movie after watching Star Trek 2, Fast & Ferious 6, Hangover 3, new Arrested Developement, Man of Steel coming out in the next couple weeks. I think IM3 will be a great re-watch on dvd, now that I don't have any expectations.

I also feel like Tony Stark was more of detective in this movie then Batman was in all of Nolans Trilogy. ::lol

Liked Iron Man 3!!! Not as much as first, but better than second.. there were serious plot holes though.

Why would the Iron Patriot armor suddenly die after being just touched, but still be functional afterward to fly to Air Force 1? And, why wouldn't Tony have coded the Iron Patriot armor to only recognize Rhodey? Assuming AIM had some function in this, why would they have to overpower Iron Patriot instead of just coding in a override and fly it to their base instead of having to trap him? How did the Iron Patriot armor fly the President to the bag guy if they didn't already have control over it? So again, why the need to trap him to begin with?

Also, didn't care for what they did to the Mandarin. I was completely unspoiled and surprised by that in the movie. Seems like discarding a significant character.

The whole blowing up all the armors also seemed to be a bit silly and wasteful, not to mention it wouldn't have entirely destroyed the suit and components could have been recovered by anyone scouring the location.

- - - Updated - - -

Just what we need for the showers!!! :D

I think I can answer a few of your "plot holes" : Rhodey's suit was damaged in the process of capturing him and making him get out of the suit, but Killian says to his main henchman that they can repare it. Keep in mind that WarMachine, despite being originally Stark technology is owned by the military. The first WM was rebranded by Hammer, and here, it was rebranded by AIM, Killian's company. So they surely have had access to it, know how the software works and know how to fix any damage on it. Tony doesn't have much to say in it, since it's not his, despite hacking it from time to time :lol Maybe it was coded to Rhodes, but AIM can bypass that. Now why not just override it like Yvan in IM2 ? My guess is they couldn't as long as Rhodes was inside, or they needed to have the suit physically, but can't really explain that one. I don't understand your last questions, the plan seems simple :
1. Hijacking the Patriot
2. Get Rhodes out of it and take control over it
3. Henchman takes his place and infiltrates Air Force One
4. Capturing the president and putting him in the suit in override mode to get him back to AIM
5. Use the overrided suit as a mean to do whatever they want with the president, in this case hang him over a lot of highly inflammable fuel.
Don't know what is confusing here ? Could the plan be less complicated ? Probably, but it worked right up until Tony got involved.

Kerr Avon

**Spoiler alert***
(How do you make a spoiler hide thingy anyway?)

It seems that w/e glowing power those mutants have is able to ether affect electricity or simply bypass the armor and affect the muscle behind it.

Kind of like some freak radiation thing.

Some of them can control it = can use it to cut metal, melt it, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is mediocre. It ranks far behind all of the other Marvel movies.:angry:thumbsdown

How sad is it when my favorite part of the movie, was the clip at the very end of the credits.

I can't find info online without spoilers..........3D appears to be 25 minutes longer than 2D? Are there extra scenes, or is that a typo?

Well guys, two of my scenes were cut out of the movie, but I did make it in it! I am in the first 15 minutes of the film at the bar scene. After Tony starts having a panic attack, he goes outside and gets in his armor and takes off. I'm in the scene that is shot from above after he takes off. Rhodes was supposed to turn to the patrons after Tony took off and say " Wouldn't eat the hot dogs" But that was cut. I was also walking behind Tony when he's on his knees but I think got the people behind me after I walked by. SO CLOSE!!! I am credited as SPECK # 20… LOL.. You can see me here, I'm in the upper right standing behind the black lady and to the right of the guy wearing the green shirt, holding a cup in my right hand and wearing a dark blue polo shirt. I took this off the 3d version, so unfortunately it's blurry. I'll have to see if I can get a better pic off the 2d version when I see it again. I'm just happy I made it in a scene with Iron man. :)

Just came back from it. On a scale of 1-10...
Rating for keeping with Marvel universe, 1
Rating for popcorn movie: 9
Rating for continuity: 3
Rating for plot holes and common sense: 2

Thought the director and writers wanted to make it "their own", and that killed it with the other movies. More of a Lethal Weapon movie than Iron Man in both plot and content and character action. Great action, terrible logic, just not what I would expect from this franchise. They went the Michael Bay route, terrible decision by Disney / Marvel on this one. It was fun, almost brainless and no spirit of the past movies, disappointed with the overall movie direction.

Saw it earlier today and it just felt that they were trying too hard to cram too much action into a weak storyline. Seems the movie was more about showcasing RDJ and DC as action heroes outside of the armor. Grade: D+

What Kevin Feige has said about Iron Man 3 in a recent interview:

I mean certainly you want to up the ante, you want to exceed people’s expectations, but I think there are various ways of doing that and Iron Man 3 is a very, very good test for us of doing exactly that. The first movie we make after The Avengers has our hero spending more time out of the suit than any of the other movies; that seems potentially counter intuitive to some people, but that was exactly why we did it. We didn’t want to say, ‘Oh now it has to be bigger and he fights 100 people in armored suits.’ Yeah the action sequences are big, there’s more action in Iron Man 3 than in the other two movies, but at the same time it’s a much deeper and a more exploratory character journey on the heels of our biggest spectacle with The Avengers.

If I did one of those honest movie trailers reviews, I would just rip this film apart. Its like the directors just try so hard to create something new and powerful that they forget who their characters are or what the franchise strengths are. And in doing so, the movies fall flat. The more I think about this movie, the more I don't want to as I am so disappointed. The first film in this franchise that I really just thought lost the magic and feel of the series.

images

Crashed and burned.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back