Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Congratulations on quitting smoking Stinson!

While you're waiting, you could produce a true elevation of your cockpit rear wall panel so we can get a much better quality decal made to upgrade the kit!

Sent you an email and PM about it already.

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Cking, good to hear from you. I'm actually planning to make a complete ANH cockpit, misaligned lightstrips and all. But I can't start until I have the parts I'm replacing in hand.

What the fork......I got my notification that it was ready for pickup.

Then I got there and the rudest clerk ever said that she was too busy to serve me until 3pm. This was at 2:35.

This woman was rude to me yesterday. And she's rude to me today.

I have had it with canada post.
Was this an actual Canada Post office or one of their satellite stores in Shoppers Drug Mart or something? If the latter, the staff are employed by the store, not Canada Post. Just see the store manager and things will happen.

Glad to hear that finally - FINALLY - you got your kit. Sorry to hear about the customs fee. Enjoy your kit buddy! You earned it :)

Was this an actual Canada Post office or one of their satellite stores in Shoppers Drug Mart or something? If the latter, the staff are employed by the store, not Canada Post. Just see the store manager and things will happen.

Glad to hear that finally - FINALLY - you got your kit. Sorry to hear about the customs fee. Enjoy your kit buddy! You earned it :)
Thanks!

It was a kiosk in a shop downtown. So I'm not really sure who she worked for.

Definitely! Same here. :)

The damn thing is ANH on the outside and so I might as well make it ANH on the inside.

Ditto. In fact, I was just looking at the two tunnel halves and thinking about how I need to remove all of the square support structure for Bandai's lights to make room for the corridor section that will be seen through the open doorway. Yeah, OPEN! There's no crying in baseball and no cockpit door on an ANH Falcon! :p And, yes, doing this will require all new cockpit lighting. Looking at ordering some SMD chip LEDs to make it work.

Ditto. In fact, I was just looking at the two tunnel halves and thinking about how I need to remove all of the square support structure for Bandai's lights to make room for the corridor section that will be seen through the open doorway. Yeah, OPEN! There's no crying in baseball and no cockpit door on an ANH Falcon! :p And, yes, doing this will require all new cockpit lighting. Looking at ordering some SMD chip LEDs to make it work.

Yes.....that to me is the main difference in the versions

J

It's not just Canada post

I had a few issues with my local US Post Office mostly when the sender request a delivery confirmation (i.e. I have to sign for it). IN a couple cases I actually had packages returned to the sender as undeliverable when in fact they never even attempted delivery!

In one case I was able to catch them before it got sent back. Tracking would tell me it was attempted delivery but returned to the PO since nobody was there to sign for it, but yet I would have no notice on my door ( and I was home all day)

I would go to the post office asking where it was at, they would tell me they don't have it, or that Amazon's tracking was wrong or etc...

a few days would go by with the same status of attempted delivery and the same story and the guy would get all annoyed at me for asking him to do his job and check for it

Finally I noticed a box on the shelf at the post office that had Japanese writing and said that looks about the size of the package I was expecting and it was from Japan as well

So I asked told him that is probably my package, He grudingly checks it and of course lo and behold, it is mine and had been sitting on that shelf all week and was about to be returned to sender in the next couple days :facepalm

I suspect the delivery guy just didn't feel like dealing with it
I have been through the that too!.. sometimes they just leave the package in the front yard for anyone to take????

I actually just made a complete corridor and open backwall door, with square wall sconces and working underfloor light grates.

And then last night I noticed that the wall cushion sizes and positions differ between ANH and the later films....

so I’ve started the process of redoing it all...

Personally, I've never really spent time thinking about the differences between the two cabin interiors

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I actually just made a complete corridor and open backwall door, with square wall sconces and working underfloor light grates.

And then last night I noticed that the wall cushion sizes and positions differ between ANH and the later films....

so I’ve started the process of redoing it all...

Before you redo it, you might want to consider how much is actually seen through the door. I like to think of things like this as optical illusion. It will likely be difficult to tell whether something is slightly oversized or undersized through the door. I'm considering using the Bandai corridor piece from the top of the landing ramp for the tunnel corridor. It's already made and it's big enough to give the illusion of a corridor without going too crazy about it. Then again, if I'm going so far as opening the door then I'm going to be compelled to get everything exactly right. :cheers

Personally, I've never really spent time thinking about the differences between the two cabin interiors

I know. Sometimes, thinking about stuff like this feels like a curse. But after almost 50 years, I have yet to find anything to break it! :lol

BTW, I remember seeing this TESB promo pic before the movie came out and immediately spotting the new gear boxes. The more things change...

Attachments

• 6347f2fdd74694c4d7fe3e041ae891f0--spaceships-millennium-falcon.jpg
    6347f2fdd74694c4d7fe3e041ae891f0--spaceships-millennium-falcon.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

I know. Sometimes, thinking about stuff like this feels like a curse. But after almost 50 years, I have yet to find anything to break it! [emoji38]

BTW, I remember seeing this TESB promo pic before the movie came out and immediately spotting the new fear boxes. The more things change...
I find that amazing. Maybe I was too young (I saw ANH +ESB at a double feature in 1982 at age 6) but there was so little source material back then to recognize details. They played star wars like, once a year on tv. Although I was obsessed with it, I rarely got to see it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Before you redo it, you might want to consider how much is actually seen through the door. I like to think of things like this as optical illusion. It will likely be difficult to tell whether something is slightly oversized or undersized through the door. I'm considering using the Bandai corridor piece from the top of the landing ramp for the tunnel corridor. It's already made and it's big enough to give the illusion of a corridor without going too crazy about it. Then again, if I'm going so far as opening the door then I'm going to be compelled to get everything exactly right. :cheers

Oh, I'm sure the difference won't be noticeable at all! In fact, I'm sticking R2 in the hallway back there. Not because he ever appeared there in any movie footage (except in ESB when he's dragging the damaged C-3PO back to the hold) but because of Alan Dean Foster's 1976 novelization of the first film. (the only version of Star Wars I had access to for years in the days before affordable home video!)

""Angle the deflectors for maximum shielding." With those instructions he ceased conversing with the huge Wookie as his hands flew over the computer-input terminals. Solo did not even turn around when a small cylindrical shape appeared in the doorway behind him. Artoo Detoo beeped a few remarks, then scurried away."

I don't think the landing ramp corridor is long enough to work as a good cockpit corridor, and its cushion dimensions aren't quite right. Also I need a lightable floor.

Basically, like a bunch of us here, this is the Falcon I dreamt of as a kid in the 70s. So dammit I'm going all out. I've motorized the engine deck fans. I've built a proper curved internal ramp hallway. I've fixed the two starboard sidewall greeblies that need holes in them. I've built pierced landing gear rings. I'm going to replace the boarding ramp ceiling. I'm also going to replace the ESB cockpit with an ANH cockpit, and its open door.

There'll be no stopping me this time!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back