Attachments

• Brightened.jpg
    Brightened.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 1,369
  • Falcon TLJ.jpg
    Falcon TLJ.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 1,385
It's only as lame as the source material that Bandai has been given

I did not expect that. Not the first or last time I've stuck my foot in my mouth.

That little section just looks so... :unsure

That is the first time I've seen those two images and the paint does help sell it.

What do people not like about the cockpit? Seems nice and stubby like the 5-footer to me.

I've done that so much I have athlete's tongue. [emoji38]
It's too toy-like. It's missing the scallops on the front, the details are too heavy handed and all the bands running through the glass are way too thick.

Here is the shapeways cockpit
c9f058c449521306d1f5f1d7c3b6ae04.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ah. I used the clear piece on mine since it represents the TFA version. If I was using the open frame one, I'd definitely thin the framing. At that scale, I didn't think the scalloped edges would show, but the Shapeways version is nice. What does it look like from the side? Sometimes though after-marked cones get too long for me -- more like the 3-footer than the 5-footer.

It's too toy-like. It's missing the scallops on the front, the details are too heavy handed and all the bands running through the glass are way too thick.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I do prefer the included clear canopy to the shapeways one. It just strikes me as a tiny bit too long, in between the 5 footer and the 32 incher. Especially the very front of it.

I think they're radiation collection panels. Space is full of radiation, those things collect it and use it as fuel for the twin ion engines.

I'm leaning towards panels for heat dissipation. Cross-sectional views show fuel contained in the lower section of the spherical hull, just below the pilot's feet.

Zi2T81e.jpg

NprsFr5.jpg

here is the shapeways one next to the stock 1/144.

Personally, the stock one looks just a tad stubby. And the front portion isn't quite flat enough. (But perhaps that's an illusion because it lacks scallops.)

Attachments

• 710x528_13082495_7935320_1498838710.jpg
    710x528_13082495_7935320_1498838710.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 285
  • i-TqFg9fb-X2.jpg
    i-TqFg9fb-X2.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 193
This will be my only Falcon for a while- I do want to get a 1:72 one but I am going to wait until Bandai releases a Empire Strikes Back edition (I like the extra landing gear).

Wrong way to go about it. If you want the version with extra gear boxes, you need to take one for the team by buying the current PG Falcon. Not so much to convince Bandai to make more stuff, but the Murphy's Law aspect. Right after enough people sell kidneys to get this version when they really wanted the ESB version, Bandai will pop out the "right" kit. See? I am right there with you. I much prefer the extra boxes. I added them to my MPC kit. But I had to get the PG kit in case it winds up being the closest I ever get. Then, the other day I HAD to get a second one when I saw the price at Hobbyworld ($302 shipped). Now I wait...

By the way, if Bandai does an extra box version, how will they do it? Accurately, I mean. A 32-incher version is a whole new kit all around, I think. A 5-footer version is the path of least resistance--and the kit has a separate front section on the underside--but that doesn't have the cleanest lines. A TFA ship, based on the CG model also has a lot of differences in details--whole new kit as well?
Mike Todd

This is why I want Keiko to hurry up and finish his TIE bomber scratch build. The minute he finishes and it's beautiful, Bandai will announce their version. :lol Seriously, someone start scratch building a 1/72 B-Wing, STAT!

As for what 5-gear version Bandai would make, they would definitely reconfigure the PG Falcon. They just need to replace the bottom 2 hull pieces, add a new sprue containing the extra landing gear, and make replacement pieces for the headlights and front of the jawbox. As much as that is, it's still easier than making an entirely new 1/72 kit of the 3-footer.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back