OdiWan72´s prop family

I decided the same when it happened, no reposting or relinking for my pics/posts - i wouldn´t know where to start and where to stop.

Just to much work.

Still frustrating...believe it or not, but even I did enjoy to browse through my old posts once in a while. Sweet memories.

Funny note...Google is still showing my images in their picture search, isn´t this some kind of third party linking as well?! ;)
If I can not use my own pictures on third party websites any longer, why do they show up on google???

That's really to bad, but I completely understand you.

Will it be possible to upload them all again, without relinking, so we can still consult the pics ?

Still frustrating...believe it or not, but even I did enjoy to browse through my old posts once in a while. Sweet memories.

Funny note...Google is still showing my images in their picture search, isn´t this some kind of third party linking as well?! ;)
If I can not use my own pictures on third party websites any longer, why do they show up on google???

I'm pretty sure that they show up on Google because the giant sniffing machine actually grabs and caches them locally on their own cloud servers to make sure that anything anyone post on the big web goes directly in the public domain and stays there.

So don't mess around kidos! :) Big brother is watching! :)

Google usually seems to host the thumbnails for their site only. Nothing new, for years it happened to me that i search something, google shows the thumbnail with interesting pic, and when i click on it ......... nothing, dead website or pic no longer available.

Hey OdiWan72 ! I feel ya, it took me a couple of hours yesterday to upload all of my images that I had used here from Photobucket ( I currently prefer to call them Chamberpot) directly here to TheRPF. Of course I didn't have 8 years of images to mess with. ;) I had only used Chamberpot to avoid any RPF site crashes like the one I read about that wiped out images in the past, so that my images wouldn't be lost and I wouldn't have to try and relink them.

When Comcast stopped their hosting of personal webpages, I lost everything I'd ever shared on two other forums. I still haven't repaired those yet and it's been several years now.

I'll have to re-read the legal mumbo-jumbo on DeviantArt and see about using them as a photo hoster maybe. I just remember not using them for some reason, like the images uploaded there became their domain or something. I dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:
No news to report, but I wanted to take the chance and add some new eye-candy to this -now mostly- picture less thread. Hope you enjoy

IMG_9142.jpg

If it isn't common knowledge yet, there is an extension on Google Chrome that will go around the Photobucket hostage situation and display the old photos.
Thanks to that extension, I was able to read the whole thread today. Nice Work!

If it isn't common knowledge yet, there is an extension on Google Chrome that will go around the Photobucket hostage situation and display the old photos.
Thanks to that extension, I was able to read the whole thread today. Nice Work!

I know about this extension...posted about this in the OT forum shortly after it was found.
Anyway, this only works for Chrome and Mozilla, not IE as of yet

Who knew there is such a demand for scuba gear in Germany.

Have you tried firing one of those just out of curiosity?

Who knew there is such a demand for scuba gear in Germany.

Have you tried firing one of those just out of curiosity?

Its those damn nasty great white ones around every corner over here in Germany that makes it mandatory to stock up on scuba gear once a year. Around the release date of a new sw movie.

Sweet! I really liked the Rebel commandos in Rogue One, but I'm trying to stay focused on weapons for now. Well I mean if I can actually finish one, which I might soon. :lol

I too am wondering where u found that perfect flash light!! Love the chin strap greeblie as well! Did that come from shapeways?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks gentlemen :)

Jason: I am still focussed on OT props, but "needed" to make a R1 Rebeö trooper somehow :p

The strap greeblie and the new torch and a new deathstick box came from shapeways.
I found the STL file of the strap greeblie online. It's very nice! I upgraded it with a real lense.

The LED lamp was purchased online. I already purchased a few from China, which were supposed to be 14mm O.D. with a length of 90mm, but they prooved to be 12,5cm long. :(
Because I am impatient, I just purchased another -relatively expensive LED lamp (15 Euro) at amazon.de, just to find several even better and CHEAPER options a few days later on aliexpress. Just search for "penlight LED"!

I modeled the new torch myself to house the LED lamp...had to make some compromises reg. the depth of the V-grooves to make the lamp fit, but I like it anyway ;)

The deathstick box was remodeled as well, since the resin one I received with the blastshield was not high enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a possible candidate :

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/pro...%3Fdo%3Dshowpm%26pmid%3D4878663&mall_affr=pr3

Finally ...was able to get my hands dirty again :cool

05_IMG_9670.jpg01_IMG_9672.jpg03_IMG_9671.jpg

STill need to add the mystery box and the detail below the transition box

Thx for looking!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the orientation of the pictures...they look fine/ open correctly on my computer!?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back