Quick $3.99 Jason mask repaint for my kid

DeLano80

Sr Member
As the title says, I did this for my 8 year old. He wants to be Jason this Halloween. So, I had two choices of masks to get him at the local stores. One, was some weird and flat foam type mask that wraps around your head. It was really bad. The other was from the seasonal Halloween store. One of those cheap glow in the dark made in China masks. Very disappointing selection. He would be happy with either of those, but, well............. I couldn't let him go out like that. I figured I could paint it up for him. NOT ACCURATELY and not trying to be accurate at all. Just wanting to do better than what I got.

This is what I got. ( I pulled the pic from the net) I got two in case I messed one up horribly.
jason_hockey_maske-weisse_eishockeymaske-jason_maske-hockey_mask-bild1-10190.jpg
So I drilled some holes into it. Sanded, and primered. Put a flat white base coat down. I then did a quick mask for the red chevrons. I used the blue tape and it didn't work very well. Then I followed with oil paints and a flat clear to seal it. I also put some foam strips to keep it off his face a little.

So all told, minus paint drying time, maybe one hour of work.
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
And florescent lights:

IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1265.JPG

Anyway. It was a fun quick project. I also went to the store and part him some clothes to resemble Pt. 3.

This should not be in the replica props forum but I didn't know where else to put it.

*edit* Know idea what that attachment thing is below or how to remove it.

Attachments

• IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
very awesome
and I thought of doing the same, but after your great work, I will get a few of these masks.
thanks for sharing

Thanks. I realize the chevrons and everything is wrong. I just did a quick search to count the holes and that is about it. Fun to do. I like making things for my kids.
On the whole Jason hockey mask thing, I notice most of the threads here on Friday the 13th has been hit by Photobucket. That's too bad.
Maybe after the Halloween season, I will get one of the professional mask makers products. For me, not the kids.

...I realize the chevrons and everything is wrong...
Not as wrong as you might think, especially considering the cheap "blank" you started with wasn't the most accurate to begin with. The masks changed from movie to movie, but yours could pass as a "done on a budget" replica from Part III, Freddy vs. Jason, or the 2009 remake, all of which had the "chevrons" painted similarly to the way you painted them on your son's mask. For a quick and relatively inexpensive project, I think you did one heck of a job!

Hah, thanks. Do you know how hard it is to find a plain green button up shirt for kids? I had to get a mens small and cut a few inches off the bottom. The kids had fun of course. And as my own Halloween tradition goes, when we got home we watched Garfields Halloween special. "Candy, candy, candy, candy, candy".

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back