hay guys looking for help

Travis McGee

I'm looking for the mechanically inclined people here and i'm interested in making a two person ride-able scale model of a half track for a wasteland setting. I'm thinking this would be best made from an ATV or a sand rail. Any able to help please send me your ideas.

Put a non-powered axle out in front and build a superstructure from marine plywood. Something like the rear axle from a mini would probably do the job...

Jim

Put a non-powered axle out in front and build a superstructure from marine plywood. Something like the rear axle from a mini would probably do the job...

Jim

I assume the rear axel would be to power the treds so they are able to push and not be able to do what it dose in the video correct?

Depends on your budget. They make/sell kits that can be out on ATVs that convert rear or front/rear wheels to functional track systems, where each wheel would have its own track. Just google search "atv half track" or maybe your local sports vehicle dealership. Last year I saw a kit that was put on an SUV, just sitting at auto show not driving unfortunately.

Depends on your budget. They make/sell kits that can be out on ATVs that convert rear or front/rear wheels to functional track systems, where each wheel would have its own track. Just google search "atv half track" or maybe your local sports vehicle dealership. Last year I saw a kit that was put on an SUV, just sitting at auto show not driving unfortunately.

i know what your talking about but i'm wanting something a little longer you know what i mean? but if i can't find any thing else i'll save up to get this

No, keep the powered tracks as they are, and have a non powered front axel that the existing vehicle pushes along. Should still steer from the tracks, and yet 'look' like a half track?
Maybe you need to get on a scale afv forum, where they make smaller versions of these sort of things all the time. They'll have an idea of what's the best way to do this kind of thing?

Jim

Just buy a kettenkrad! [emoji16] always though they'd be great in the Wasteland!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back