PH 1:1 Terminator Figure Build

Its such a tough call... The PH statues were VERY good, but were not hyper realistic (some better than others). Most of the "blood" on thosere was pretty bright red; almost too bright red in most cases. This project fulfills a dream of having a PH figure in my home, so I'm trying to draw a balance between how they presented, with a touch more realism.
Ah, that makes sense. Well, trying to replicate a particular look is cool. Got any photos to share of some of the PH originals? Would give a better basis of comparison.

Very true...

My "smartphone camera"(crap camera) might be a LOT better than the iphone 4S' camera, but it still sucks when it comes to something basic like colors:
myersglow.jpg
Michael Myers with pink Terminator-eyes :facepalm

Not sure at what stage your bust is at but one thing that I did on my latest build was to use real acrylic denture teeth in the stage 5 bust and it made an incredible difference over simply painting the resin teeth. You will just need to dremmel out the resin teeth and use epoxy putty to house the teeth but it's a relatively easy mod for a huge improvement. I didn't take any pics but I sent some teeth over to TazVader so he might have a pic or two if you ask him. I still have all the parts for one final lifesize stage 5 build which will be a keeper for me so your thread is motivating me to get onto it lol.

Not sure at what stage your bust is at but one thing that I did on my latest build was to use real acrylic denture teeth in the stage 5 bust and it made an incredible difference over simply painting the resin teeth. You will just need to dremmel out the resin teeth and use epoxy putty to house the teeth but it's a relatively easy mod for a huge improvement. I didn't take any pics but I sent some teeth over to TazVader so he might have a pic or two if you ask him. I still have all the parts for one final lifesize stage 5 build which will be a keeper for me so your thread is motivating me to get onto it lol.

I like it..

But - even though its just couple exposed molars?

On the knee, as you guys can probably tell, this is indeed the classic dblank cast, but I cut it in two (obviously) to better position it, and make it easier to work with. I've modified the upper half a bit to in order to exposes more of the outer side. Pics soon...

It looks awesome. I'm nearly done. Still working on the M79 with a mate. Then a base paint and done. Just been too busy with shifts lol

391989e7d0507f6f58bb9aca7b2fa17a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back