THE MANDALORIAN - First look of Star Wars' first-live action series

Stal

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
And so it begins.

FB_IMG_1538717202314.jpg

The Mandalorian
LUCASFILM // OCTOBER 4, 2018

THE MANDALORIAN FIRST IMAGE, DIRECTORS REVEALED
DETAILS EMERGE FOR LUCASFILM'S LIVE-ACTION SERIES HELMED BY JON FAVREAU.
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

Gutted they have overdone the Mandalore thing. It was better having Fett as a one off type character, no idea anything about him I always liked to think his armour could have been cobbled together from his captures. Now he is just one in the crowd - boring. Another example of ooh the fans like this guy let's milk it for everything it's got.

Gutted they have overdone the Mandalore thing. It was better having Fett as a one off type character, no idea anything about him I always liked to think his armour could have been cobbled together from his captures. Now he is just one in the crowd - boring. Another example of ooh the fans like this guy let's milk it for everything it's got.

I feel exactly the same way Marv

His armor was unique... now it’s just military issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes indecent parts of me stir.

I like, and have always liked, the idea of the Mandalorians having been a people, or an organization. I enjoyed their portrayal in the comics pre and post Revan. I also like the idea that they're a scattered and shattered people, and all of the "Goons" have since returned to their own lives, died of incompetence, or otherwise left the Mandalorians, leaving you with the cream of the crop, just out there trying to live by their warrior code, but still make a living off of conflict.

I cannot understand why they don´t making the series between Episode 3 and 4.So they would have all the great figures from the OT to play with.
But NO...they must do "something new"...and after Episode 8 I have really no hope.:(:thumbsdown

It was just army/mandalorian armor since a long time.

I never got what some have seen in Boba.

As a Boba Fett nerd, I agree with you. I love the character. I love the mannerisms. I even love how he died in the OT. How else could you kill the most competent warrior in the galaxy, besides dumb luck? Plus Boba was a jerk, so he deserved to get finished off, and not left roaming the galaxy. I even liked the story they came up with for his origin in the prequels. While I found it poorly acted, the story of it was still interesting, and explained a lot. You have a merc that started training in his teens, like most soldiers would, and he became incredibly good, and as part of his payment for a crazy over the top job, he gets to see what he could have become by raising a clone of himself to be a warrior from birth, leading to the ultimate, soulless, bad ass.

That said, treating him as sacrosanct, or needing him to have survived, and go on to bigger and exploits was unnecessary to me.

I cannot understand why they don´t making the series between Episode 3 and 4.So they would have all the great figures from the OT to play with.
But NO...they must do "something new"...and after Episode 8 I have really no hope.:(:thumbsdown

So you'd rather them just have no explanation of what happened in those 30+ years?

What could be interesting in this timeframe?To see Baby Kylo and Rey?Not interesting for me.
To see Vader hunting Jedis and Boba Fetts rise..that would be great to see.

I love this whole Lone Gunfighter concept. American Old West mythology is one those many aspects incorporated into the Star Wars universe that I enjoy.

I was never a big fan of Fett. It seems his whole fan popularity was built on the fact that he wore a cool set of armor. Nor was I a fan of the old EU Mandalore story. It seems like a lot of the old EU was built on authors/creators of comic, novels, video games, etc... trying to out-do each other on coming up with cool characters in cool armor for fans to drool over.

I really enjoy the new Manadlore history that has been established thanks to the animated series of Clone Wars and Rebels. It is well thought out with lots of rich content. And because of that, I am very happy to know that David Filoni is going to be involved in directing some episodes because I feel that any new stories will fit in well with what has been established in Mandalorian lore.

I also love the fact that they have established that Jango was not a Mandalorian but a pretender with Mandalorian armor.

And let's not forget... Boba Fett went out like a punk. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that this "new" armor is a miss mash of different armor plating / etc. cobbled together from different sources.
I would have like to see the sidearm be a Pulce speargun, however.

Um it's set just after Ep6 not Ep8........

They did both of those things! Check out the TV shows Clone Wars for a couple of Boba Fett stories, and Rebels for Jedi-hunting stories from between 3 & 4.

I really enjoy the new Manadlore history that has been established thanks to the animated series of Clone Wars and Rebels. It is well thought out with lots of rich content. And because of that, I am very happy to know that David Filoni is going to be involved in directing some episodes because I feel that any new stories will fit in well with what has been established in Mandalorian lore.

I also love the fact that they have established that Jango was not a Mandalorian but a pretender with Mandalorian armor.

This can't be stated enough! It seems so many have missed out on Clone Wars and Rebels and what badasses actual real Mandalorian warriors were.

Before the image was released I was expecting the show to be about Sabine Wren, based on the description and given how Rebels ended.

As a Boba Fett nerd, I agree with you. I love the character. I love the mannerisms. I even love how he died in the OT. How else could you kill the most competent warrior in the galaxy, besides dumb luck? Plus Boba was a jerk, so he deserved to get finished off, and not left roaming the galaxy. I even liked the story they came up with for his origin in the prequels. While I found it poorly acted, the story of it was still interesting, and explained a lot. You have a merc that started training in his teens, like most soldiers would, and he became incredibly good, and as part of his payment for a crazy over the top job, he gets to see what he could have become by raising a clone of himself to be a warrior from birth, leading to the ultimate, soulless, bad ass.

That said, treating him as sacrosanct, or needing him to have survived, and go on to bigger and exploits was unnecessary to me.

Where was anything about him being the best warrior in the galaxy? He was 'a bounty hunter' in ESB. Nothing much more. Who got the drop on Han Solo and delivered him to Vader. Then in ROTJ was in Jabba's palace and got knocked into the pit. All while wearing a very cool outfit. I don't recall anything expounding his backstory or rep at that time.

One of the old EU stories had Fett as just finding Mando armor pieces on old battlefields, hence why it's all beat up and in mismatched colors.
Also why you see him in different color / part combinations in the films.

I always preferred this back story.

Supposed script ideas floating around before ESB came out was Fett was a clone of Han or one of Han's ex-girlfriends.

They did both of those things! Check out the TV shows Clone Wars for a couple of Boba Fett stories, and Rebels for Jedi-hunting stories from between 3 & 4.

I´m not a fan of the "digital draw style" Clone Wars was done...so I don´t like the series.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back