Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Yes. He was hitting moving targets not stationary.

I'm not familiar with what the canon says about this--What's the top speed of a womp rat?

Are we really suggesting that shooting one opportunistically is just as/more difficult than hitting a target under the conditions of the trench run?

Last edited:

I'm not familiar with what the canon says about this--What's the top speed of a womp rat?

Are we really suggesting that shooting one opportunistically is just as/more difficult than hitting a target under the conditions of trench run?

I'm not suggesting anything. You said the conditions were different. I stated a difference.

DS is the size of a moon..

Ship flying at it's equator is going to feel you're on a straight path. Much like driving into the sunset, you won't see the curve.

There were three tie's chasing him, yes. But there was no one behind him when he took the shot. "You're all clear"

Also, that port was in the middle of a dead end of the trench. Kind of like trying to hit an 18" hole in the middle of your bedroom wall. Not impossible at all. If using the force to help guide the shot, it's much easier to guide it 'a little to the left' as opposed to taking the shot from 5 miles away and having to hit that little tiny port.

But, after a matter of like 24 hours, force ability on a scale of 1-10 would rank something like:
Luke: 3
Anakin: 4-5*
Rey: 8-9

Anakin gets an asterisk because he was 8 while the other two were 20ish.

I don't use this to impugn Rey, simply pointing out what it is.

I'm not suggesting anything. You said the conditions were different. I stated a difference.

They were very different. The difference you are stating suggests some sort of comparison between the two, though. So, womp rats are (potentially) moving targets. Do we even know if he was taking pop shots at them on the run, versus doing what amounts to cow-tipping? Either way, to bring it up means there's some sort of comparison, or contrast to be derived. It's either the same, or it's different. I think we'd agree it's not the same, but as far as being different, a moving womp rat must be easier to hit than an exhaust port under the conditions and pressure he faced while doing so.

Or, you know...maybe not?

There were three tie's chasing him, yes. But there was no one behind him when he took the shot. "You're all clear"

So--mere seconds after having the fighters that were tailing him cleared, pedal to the metal in a X-Wing, with the weight of the entire mission solely on his shoulders--suddenly there was no pressure and the shot should've been as easy as "bull's-eyeing womp rats back home"? :confused

But, after a matter of like 24 hours, force ability on a scale of 1-10 would rank something like:
Luke: 3
Anakin: 4-5*
Rey: 8-9

I don't see that the Force has levels. A person's mental instability or lack of focus can make it seem that way. But nobody is really stronger than anyone else. This notion comes largely from Legends, and role-playing games, where the game mechanics kinda necessitate that. I'm going to quote Pablo Hildago on this one

"Years of gamification has led some to think of the Force as 'powers' that are 'unlocked', when nothing in the films suggest this. It's instead presented as a state of mind, with the pathway of the 'light' being the sublimation of the self, while the dark the amplification of it."

"In this way of thinking, it's not a question of when Luke learned the 'telekinesis power'. It's about learning to clear his mind, to get out of his own way, his own doubts, to do it. We've seen toddlers having this ability because they don't have enough self to get in the way."

The Force is something you either "do or do not".

Last edited by a moderator:

Just wait until JJ releases the next Star Wars and we find out Rey is pregnant!

And the First Order under the command of Grand Admiral "Pmurt" ;) is trying to prevent Rey from getting an abortion because the father of the child "Kylo Ren" turns out to be her brother after all.

This new chapter in the galactic civil war will be known as Rey vs Wade :lol

We have canonical evidence that pregnancy exists in Star Wars already, so why not? :D
Bring it on.
Show me a story I can't predict.
Where's pregnant Jedi Rey kicking Kylo's ass all over the place?
Let's do it.

:unsure Nevermind. Not risking my membership quoting something someone else said.

Last edited:

That was a reference to the size of the target, not the ability to "curve the bullet". I'm pretty certain that the conditions under which he was shooting animals on Tatooine were wildly different than than those in the trench run.

It was also a reference to the fact that Luke had experience in flying and aiming at small targets, probably in tight canyons, so when you combine that fact with the assistance he gained from Obi Wan, it makes the moment totally believable and easily accepted by the audience. Rey on the other hand, that`s a whole other story...........

It was also a reference to the fact that Luke had experience in flying and aiming at small targets, probably in tight canyons, so when you combine that fact with the assistance he gained from Obi Wan, it makes the moment totally believable and easily accepted by the audience. Rey on the other hand, that`s a whole other story...........

How is Rey any different?

EDIT

When she flies the Millennium Falcon

Last edited:

How is Rey any different?

EDIT

When she flies the Millennium Falcon
Flying a popsicle speeder bike is pretty different that a spacecraft.

It's like driving a go cart vs piloting a 747.

Flying a popsicle speeder bike is pretty different that a spacecraft.

It's like driving a go cart vs piloting a 747.

And going from a T-16 airspeeder to an T-65 starfighter. Is like going from a Cessna to a F-16.

Not to mention when Finn says "Hey, we need a pilot!" Rey responds "We've got one!" *Gestures to her self*
"You?".

And later Rey says "I've flown some ships before, but I've never left the planet."

So how is she any different from Luke?

Isn't it amazing how virtually no one thought of the elements of the OT as being "continuity errors" until the prequels and sequels were released. Rey is a different character than Luke, just as Luke was a different character than Anakin and that's how it's supposed to be. I take issue with the fact that people seem to imply that I shouldn't hold new characters to the same standard as the originals. You can't change the rules of the game halfway through and expect people to want to continue playing.

But since their release everyone and their brother takes issue with these story elements to justify changes made to the Canon rather than have all of the new material fit with what had been established from the beginning and adding to it. I think THAT is what lies at the core of the rift between the fan base.

Suddenly fans have to justify what clearly worked in the originals when the new films toss out a lot of the previously established ideas and before anyone says that is not the case at least consider that there IS a difference otherwise none of us would be here arguing about it.

I'm not sure that I have ever known the series to be so divisive as it is now and it's a damn shame because Star Wars used to be fun. That's why many of us have walked away.

Last edited:

This is like watching a long NASCAR race, nothing but circles with an occasional wreck. :lol

Can’t agree more.. I use to enjoy this movie section, now it’s nothing but arguing and negativity..

I really miss the way it was before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The movie actually portrays it as a pretty unbelievable achievement. "Great shot, kid! That was one in a million!" I don't think we're ever supposed to believe it's easy. Being great at paintball with your friends isn't the same as stepping onto the battlefield where the stakes are real.

"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy."

The movie actually portrays it as a pretty unbelievable achievement. "Great shot, kid! That was one in a million!" I don't think we're ever supposed to believe it's easy. Being great at paintball with your friends isn't the same as stepping onto the battlefield where the stakes are real.

"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy."

And look at speeds he's traveling at. He isn't using his targeting computer or seem to be using any targeting system at all, aside from just looking out of his cockpit. And his ship isn't flying properly either, being all shot up.

What would be the fun in that?
Ray could instantly pilot the Falcon like a pro.
Ray could instantly fix the Falcon.
Ray could within seconds pul off a Jedi mind trick.
Ray could weild a lightsaber and best a sith lord.
Ray could again beat down trained guards.
And best a sith lord.
Ray could instantly levitate and move 100's of rocks/boulders.

All with zippo, zero training in the force. All within hours and days!!! Lol Bad writing, no thought for the character, all with Ruin J and KK behind the mess.

She can do all of that, and YOU can't even spell her name right! Guess she is pretty badass... at least compared to you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back