The Predator (New Sequel)

I'm assuming, god I hope, that the package was for a parent. I really hope this isn't a genius kid or something. You really can't tell much by that trailer.

Yeah, seems like the basic plot is

a) team of mercs fight a hunter in the Jungle
b) smarmy merc takes some trophies, sends them back home to his house where they're opened by his son
c) son sends out a beacon, drawing more hunters.

On paper, all of that seems like it could be interesting, but man, that trailer was bright, glossy and clean in all the ways a Predator story would traditionally be dark, grimy and sweaty.

I'm so confused as to where the box with the helmet came from. Amazon? Ebay? Did his father buy it from a small shop in Chinatown from a guy that told him not to get it wet after midnight?

Looking at a still from the trailer it appears the box was sent to the boy's father (presumeably the "assassin" from the interrogation room) by a Sergeant someone... so I reckon it was meant for the father but the boy found it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, i too had strong AVP:R feelings......

When i figured out the kid was controlling the ship with the little doo-dad he's playing with...i just went...."....UGHHHhhh".....

Rich

Of course I could be wrong, but I've a feeling the trailer was just cut that way for visual interest and a bit of misdirection. I don't think he was actually "controlling" the ship.

I will say that the suburban bits do make it feel like AVP:R...I hope I'm wrong about that. Though we *did* get the Wolf pred from that film, everything else in it was pretty awful.

I am hoping we are being trolled a bit in this trailer, and that the actual product will turn out to be more interesting than it appears.

If I've learned one thing in recent times, it's not to expect that the trailer is showing you exactly what you will end up seeing.

Well, I prefer the tone of this trailer but ………….. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJoJw-jqEuI that's a big ,big beastie

Nope, not for me. Now we know it's just another Predator movie with yet another gimmick.

F that. Hope is gone for me. Can't understand how such an easy to make movie gets so complicated over and over again.

Let him hunt. Just like in the first two. It's that simple. But NO, there's always gotta be some stupid gimmick. I guess enjoy it if you can, folks. I'm not even gonna bother.

WOW!! Watch this!! This breaks down one of the many scenes and breaks down some of the amazing film work done in the original Predator.

Last edited by a moderator:

- - - Updated - - -

C814CA8D-3100-44C1-AEC1-4F5C26E06DB5.jpeg

Super cool poster. Have to give them that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, its not enough to have Predator, they have to have "ultimate" Predator? Thats just lame. Too bad, too. Some good talent there.

I found the second trailer for this much, much better than the first.

As someone who’s not really in love with the franchise to begin with, I just want a good action flick here...and if it can deliver that, I’ll watch it.

There is something VERY off-putting about how they executed putting these Predators on screen.

Anyone else think these look like REALLY REALLY well done cosplay, but but still just not convincing looking for the film? The costumes look great, but the people moving inside them are embodying them as if they were people in costumes and not letting the creature truly come to life.

Maybe it's how it looks on film, but their movements don't seem natural. I don't see any clammy-looking skin or texture of that indicating an organic living alien skin the way the classic Predator had.

To this day the old film is still terrifying and that face is scary as ****. The movements and the costume don't look so much like a costume and more an extension of something really living and breathing in that jungle. These new ones just don't seem to have that added realism that translates to something I fully believe on film. The mask is very distracting as well and the actors just don't sell it for me.

As others have mirrored, I should be excited for this, but like the other Predator films post 80's I just don't like what i've seen in how they've translated to film.

I personally think the casting is where its to blame. Key in anything just reminds me of the show, takes me out of it. The lead guy seems so wooden too, he doesnt look like a battle hardened soldier, he looks like he knows he isnt going to die in the movie, kind of like how Jai Courtney "acted" in the last terminator movie. And who says mother effer like that? I dunno, just seems too hollywood by the numbers for me. Very committee driven film making.

SO . . . they are calling them "predators" in this film? No thank you.

This is pretty much everything I didn't want the next Preator flick to be.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back