Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Yea, this movie showed me how it must feel to be a prequel hater.

Aliens and Terminator 2 took their franchises on course and were universally embraced. There were things I didnt like about the prequels but TLJ was just weak...not a hate but I saw it as low level investment by Disney. Nobody stood up to the production company to preserve a legacy.

I agree. But I will add that I didn't think TLJ was a terrible movie in itself, it's just a bad Star Wars movie. That is to say that if it weren't a SW movie, it would have been much more enjoyable. Although it did do a few things I loved for the saga, mostly owing to Rey's and Kylo's story (minus the Luke parts). The rest was [emoji107]. I'm still holding out hope that IX will redeem this trilogy for me though.

I think it's terrible, in general. The only thing that was well done are technical things like the special effects, lighting, camera work. All ripped off from JJ, a far more competent cameraman than RJ will ever be.

The story is nonsense full of more holes than swiss cheese. Mostly due to RJ trying to shoehorn in his trip to Monte Carlo. The characters are all a mess for a variety of reasons. Especially Jake Skywalker. And RJ even manages to completely destroy anything magical or special about the force.

Not sure I need to see the last one in theaters anymore.

I wonder if Disney bought out Ferrari would they start by reissuing an updated version of the Magnum P.I. 308 GTS .
Followed by its sister vehicle (with a reverse flame paint job !) And fully loaded

MINI VAN !!!!

That's how the movie feels to me !

Its not terrible exactly, I can see why others would buy and drive it !
Kids like it , but they pretty much like any new car . parents like it, its easy to pile the kids in and out and they can fit there grocery's and golf clubs .
but I came for a damn high end sports car that will blow my hair off when I step on the gas !

They sold me a Mini van, now while it does have free netfix for the kids the radio only gets NPR for the driver !

Buy today and receive a free cooked porge air freshener ! Ahhh smells like chicken !

Don't forget to buy a porge for your loved one this Valentines day .
Or just buy yourself one to cheer up if alone !

The main thing is......

just buy one .......

#NOTMYFERRARI

Last edited:
Even if JJ hated Rian's script, or parts of the script, he would never say that publicly. Ever. Mark Hamill would though, and he freaking did every chance he got, for a little while.

I think they really missed an opportunity to do something special, exciting, and enormously cool with Luke, in favor of making him a grumpy old fisherman who drinks from space manatee udders while making faces at young girls and telling them to get off his lawn so he can die.

It was just so strange.

For as long as I live I will never understand the creative choices made with Luke. Not ever.

This. Above all of my frustrations, this.

Also, remember the feels we all got to see the Millenium Falcon flying in the TFA trailer, along with the realization that it would be a part of the ST? Imagine what cool stuff they could have done with Luke, and what that would have felt like to see.

I just can't wrap my head around Lucasfilm paying such respect to a beloved ship, and then completely trashing a beloved character.

This. Above all of my frustrations, this.

Also, remember the feels we all got to see the Millenium Falcon flying in the TFA trailer, along with the realization that it would be a part of the ST? Imagine what cool stuff they could have done with Luke, and what that would have felt like to see.

I just can't wrap my head around Lucasfilm paying such respect to a beloved ship, and then completely trashing a beloved character.

Actually, I can. It's Disney, they are capable of anything if they think we're stupid enough to go see it despite what we might initially be told....

THIS is what I was afraid of back when I first heard that ol' George had sold the boat. Disney is a corporation that has no respect for their consumers because there's always another one who will buy something based on the brand or nostalgia.
This is why I will never see TLJ, and for me the series will end with TFA and R1. It's starting to look like I'm not the only one in that regard either.

I wonder if Disney bought out Ferrari would they start by reissuing an updated version of the Magnum P.I. 308 GTS .
Followed by its sister vehicle (with a reverse flame paint job !) And fully loaded

MINI VAN !!!!
https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/models/urus

Lamborghini rather than Ferrari, but your post made me think of this car.
lamborghini-urus-production-15.jpg

Interesting article from the Wall Street Journal:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-la...omentum-raising-concern-for-disney-1517245312

I guess all those people (and some are on this forum) who have seen it 10 times, need to go see it two more. I wish there was a way they could actually track first time viewing only. I have a feeling that a lot of the money TLJ generated was from fans who saw it 8, 9, 10 times each.

-OWK

Last edited:
Interesting article from the Wall Street Journal:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-la...omentum-raising-concern-for-disney-1517245312

I guess all those people (and some are on this forum) who have seen it 10 times, need to go see it two more. I wish there was a way they could actually track first time viewing only. I have a feeling that a lot of the money TLJ generated was from fans who saw it 8, 9, 10 times each.

-OWK

Boy I don’t know, people who see any film with that frequency are real outliers and can’t drive a $1.3B number.

Boy I don’t know, people who see any film with that frequency are real outliers and can’t drive a $1.3B number.

I don't know...a lot of the articles I've read about why you should forget the OT and luv TLJ reference the all the fans who have seen it multiple times. I was being sarcastic with the 10x multiplier... although I wonder, how many times have you seen it, Bryan?

-OWK

I don't know...a lot of the articles I've read about why you should forget the OT and luv TLJ reference the all the fans who have seen it multiple times. I was being sarcastic with the 10x multiplier... although I wonder, how many times have you seen it, Bryan?

-OWK

3, same as TFA and R1.

Yea, this movie showed me how it must feel to be a prequel hater.

I was one of those people. The prequels weren't "true" Star Wars films, and "I was there from the beginning, man, so I'm an 'investor' in the franchise", and "why aren't you giving me what I want", etc.

But I learned to embrace (most) of what the prequels have to offer. Did I simply become resigned to them? Maybe somewhat. Now that I think of it, I don't have any collectibles from those movies, save for a couple of model rockets (that I still haven't launched). But even at the time, no matter how pissed I was, I considered it canon; I just wasn't thrilled with the product.

TLJ is not canon to me, save for Ben's TIE, which looks good and makes some sense engineering-wise in terms of in-universe continuity. CONTINUITY. And porgs are cute. But I've totally written it off merely as a dream of Finn's whilst under the knife. Shadows and dust.

I remember hearing as it pertains to relationships, that no matter how much you despise someone, by feeling that contempt it means you're still emotionally invested. TLJ makes me feel nothing, and that's what hurts. I have an intense, manic personality, and after a few weeks of going nuts over this thing, I now literally feel empty. I don't see any way, years down the road, I can come to terms with TLJ at even the lowest levels of tolerance.

BRING ON "SOLO"!

@Bryancd. This is the clip I was referring to. I got it slightly wrong. According to Mark, it was RJ's idea. (?) https://youtu.be/aLrzBLH5I2s

Right so Rian and JJ seem to have had an understanding on that final scene where they didn't have floating rocks and Mark simply wasn't aware they had gone in that direction, although he must have as he never filmed that sequence. But I still don't see how this changes the collaboration between JJ and Rian and that JJ loved Rian's script.

Fair enough but as I see it, so far the only person linked to this franchise that has spoken honestly is Mark Hamill. Everyone else, cast, crew, producers, directors have all towed the party line offering nothing but praise and hyperbole for all aspects of making these new SW movies. Of course, an executive producer is gonna say it's great.

Fair enough but as I see it, so far the only person linked to this franchise that has spoken honestly is Mark Hamill. Everyone else, cast, crew, producers, directors have all towed the party line offering nothing but praise and hyperbole for all aspects of making these new SW movies. Of course, an executive producer is gonna say it's great.

You correctly pointed out it was Greg who let slip about JJ's thoughts on Rian's script which makes me more inclined to believe the veracity of that accounting. There's no reason whatsoever to just make it up out of whole cloth. What would be the point of Greg making the comment publicly?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back