Alien environmental MK50 suits FINISHED!!

Re: Alien environmental MK50 suit group build PIC HEAVY

I remember the extras where hey said "we raided the local model railway shop" I think many parts were kit bashed if that's the phrase lol

I remember the extras where hey said "we raided the local model railway shop" I think many parts were kit bashed if that's the phrase lol

you are correct. They used several kits on it. i just found the upper left hand part on the back of the helmet. it was one piece out of a 1/72 scale RAF refueling truck model kit. i have been scouring model kit scans trying to tract parts down. they cut and assembled different parts so some are very hard to ID. they used alot of the space 1999 hawk kit and the 74 mclaren m 23 1/12th scale. those two kits cover about 70% of the greebs. then it seems they just grabbed random parts from kits from a pile of kits. hence the RAF truck part and maybe some of the wheels were used.

The grill on the helmet would most probably be a metal filter probably automotive, the link below are for pipe filters

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.details.maylikever.9.1ea20d157roi9j

The long tube looks like a model kit sprue

The flat pieces of the back pack look like figure stands/bases the old style ones before they added slits and pegs

http://www.sleepingdragonhobbyshop.co.uk/product-category/renedra-figure-bases/square-bases/

hi gothic. i checked into those and they are dead ends. thanks for trying though. this build is like a puzzle trying to find missing pieces.

here is the helmet update. finally happy with the overall shape. starting to get into the detail work now. thanks for looking.

here is the notch cut into the top of the helmet to mount the light.

thanks, guys! on the other front the under suit construction has started WOOT!! i have a friend doing it for us since i cannot sew and damn sure cannot sew to the level that is required on the suits, so stay tuned. parts are starting to come together. the wrist part is almost done and the stomach box is coming along too.

update.

here is the stomach box thus far. still looking for copper pipes components. the original had copper on it.

and here is the redone wrist box. i thought the slanted in at an angle but could not be sure than harry sent me some photos that confirmed it. so i redid it.

and here is an update on the helmet. getting closer.

thanks for looking.

alien-kane-john-hurt-space-suit-35.jpg alien-kane-john-hurt-space-suit-32.JPG KaneSpacesuit3-853x1024.jpg KaneSpacesuit6.jpg KaneSpacesuit15.jpg

you probably already have those

vid- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-f0w7uRXS4

thanks , guys! I am finally happy with the shape of the helmet , redid the chin area. just a little clean up and i can start the greebs. WOOT!!! i have also started the helmet collar. the stomach box is shaping up and the wrist bands are started so things are moving right along. pics with the next update! thanks for looking.

Update time. Finally got the helmet looking somewhat right. started I the greebs hope to have the etching for the rest done soon. and started the neck seal.

hope you like it thus far.
neck seal.

helmet with greebs still have a couple to go.

Last edited:

thanks, guys! i am finishing up the stomach box and getting the wrist band started. getting the neck seal finished. coozco is 3d rending the ectching for the helmet. '

stay tuned!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back