I got my mansion plaque from Disney. It looks really good. After watching Rylo's bat stanchion video though I'm considering trying my hand at repainting it. One question though: on the plaque, I don't really see many with bronze on them at all. Would you just spray the flat black and then spritz on the teal wash and stop there or do you take another step in lieu of the bronze/gold rub n buff?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my mansion plaque from Disney. It looks really good. After watching @Rylo's bat stanchion video though I'm considering trying my hand at repainting it. One question though: on the plaque, I don't really see many with bronze on them at all. Would you just spray the flat black and then spritz on the teal wash and stop there or do you take another step in lieu of the bronze/gold rub n buff?
Did you get the one from the link here just a few posts ago? I was curious if it really is the 12x8 or the larger 20 inch one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's the $95 one from the Disney store. It's full size.

Edit: Just looked at the link, yeah, that's the right one, but apparently they still haven't fixed the dimension measurements. Somebody had pointed that out to them according to a post earlier in this thread almost a year ago, haha.

Easyqueenie, spoonflower just recently added the wallpaper back, so grab it while you can. The other option would be to stencil it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For anyone wondering, this is the wallpaper pattern throw blanket that they sell in the gift shop. It was $60, I really like how it looks in my room. It makes my chair stand out more than it already does.
uploadfromtaptalk1437057160864.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1437057080397.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

After literally hundreds of ref pics, a LOT of head scratching, arduous 3D modeling, 3D printing, and hand painting :)

Madame Leota's Ghostly Mirror from the Memento Mori Shop in WDW...running a series to try different colors, finishes and sizes.

These were made on an Ultimaker 2 Extended.

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1439642502.239762.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1439642502.239762.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 298
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1439642549.425992.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1439642549.425992.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 298
FYI, there's a "Shop Disney Parks" app now (not sure how long it's been out), that shows you where stuff is available in the parks and lets you order things I guess from the parks directly. There's a bunch of stuff on there that isn't on the regular Disney Store website. I just got two of the rectangular Momento Mori lenticular portrait frames from there...for the normal price of $25 instead of the twice as high eBay price.

FYI, there's a "Shop Disney Parks" app now (not sure how long it's been out), that shows you where stuff is available in the parks and lets you order things I guess from the parks directly. There's a bunch of stuff on there that isn't on the regular Disney Store website. I just got two of the rectangular Momento Mori lenticular portrait frames from there...for the normal price of $25 instead of the twice as high eBay price.

i see the regular frame on there for $24.95 but I don't see a lenticular frame

i see the regular frame on there for $24.95 but I don't see a lenticular frame

That's it. At Memento Mori you can get your picture taken and then they make it into a lenticular ghost portrait so your face turns into a ghost. They have one of those frames with the ghost portrait on display, but both times I went they didn't have any left and they go for double on eBay.

can you show me a link? i have those lenticular prints for my self, wife and 2 kids... but I had to use a dremel tool to cut them to 8x10 since they are some weird size.

if you're just talking about the green 8x10 frame on their, the custom lenticular print wont fit. you'll still have to cut it.

Oh, damn. That's the one I was talking about. I hadn't even paid any attention to the size of the pictures really. I just saw the display that has it in the frame and assumed it would fit.

edit: This one--

image.jpg

It's been about a year since I got mine, so I don't remember the exact dimensions. But I think it was a little bit too big for an 8 x 10, and a little bit too small for eight and half by 11. It seems like it's probably about 10 and three-quarter inches long/tall. To get them to fit in a normal 8 x 10 frame, you just have to try them about a quarter to an eighth of an inch off of the bottom.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back