I Dream of Jeannie bottle

Arwyniel

I think this may be my first ever "build" thread.
I enjoyed reruns of I Dream of Jeannie in my preteen years and always loved her purple bottle. I hoped to own it one day. I was discouraged at the price they were online and thought maybe I could make one myself (by the way, the price is totally worth it!) Moviefreak happened to have the 1964 Jim Beam decanter for sale in the junkyard so I bought it at the end of November and used December to get my supplies. I ordered a template kit and bought all my paints and was ready to go after the new year. Once I began it took me two weeks to complete. I'm not an artist. I know my lines aren't straight and there are many mistakes, but I am very happy with how the final piece came out. I hope you all like it too.

Getting ready to start
16286654746_6f138cc399_z.jpg

Base coat completed
16286742016_7a76d34927_z.jpg

First template applied
16126829017_e70e32acf6_z.jpg

First template completed
16125330530_e5a8a086b5_z.jpg

Working on the bottom
16310920451_661108e57f_z.jpg

Almost done!
16317166511_921496acf6_z.jpg

Working on clear coat
16318955525_656d870cfd_z.jpg

Complete!
16132763529_4445cb19c8_z.jpg

looks great... what kind of paints did you use?
seems like a cool project

Thanks! I used Delta Air Dry Perm Enamel. It was recommended by the lady that I bought the template from. Couldn't find them in stores, had to order them.

Where did you get the templates from? I have the bottle but never started mine.

A seller on ebay (occasionalgifts). They aren't perfect though. The arched section on the neck should have come down a bit lower. The bottle kind of gets a tad bigger in that area and she didn't compensate for that change on the template. Had to raise it up a bit so my template would line up. And all the gold filigree areas on the bottom? She had 7 sections for each one and it should only be 6. I cut the top one off. I didn't use her color guide either. But everything else worked out well.

Looks great!

I go crosseyed just looking at mine and thinking I had to paint it

Thanks! Yeah, that happened to me several times, lol!

I painted my own, and painted about 25 of them in the 90's for people, both types..I wouldn't do that again, now...not with my eyes nowadays...Yours looks pretty goodBoppie.JPG

I will say it again! I am SO GLAD this went to someone who appreciates it AND has the skill to treat it right ;)
Awesome job :)

Magnificent!

Thanks!

Really nice, detailed work. It looks challenging.

Thank you, it really was.

I painted my own, and painted about 25 of them in the 90's for people, both types..I wouldn't do that again, now...not with my eyes nowadays...Yours looks pretty goodView attachment 428098

Thank you! Yours looks wonderful! I don't even want to think about doing it again, lol. I had to add a huge shop light behind me because I didn't have enough light. It was nice and it kept me warm while I was working on it in the basement. :)

I will say it again! I am SO GLAD this went to someone who appreciates it AND has the skill to treat it right ;)
Awesome job :)

Thanks so much! I'm glad it finally lived up to its full potential, even if it was done by a complete painting noob. ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back