Another One Ring

I've seen a lot of talk about the hallmark inside of the ring but I've not been able to see a clear shot of it. Well, actually, I've seen the markings in the blank ring, but I would like to see the marking in the ring with the Elvish runes if anyone would be so kind. I don't have very much funds so I'd like to make absolutely sure I'm happy with my decision before I go with the WETA ring. Thanks! :)

I have the weta ring and it's awesome but now I am in the market for another ring. How is the F boutique shape and contours compared to the weta/JH?

- - - Updated - - -

Also has anyone worn their JH/Weta daily? If so any breaking issues? I know tungsten is very brittle

If you already have a screen accurate one ring and love the books then go with the 24 carat gold plated bronze one ring from Badali (www.badalijewelry.com). It is only $40 and comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Badali has a bunch of other officially licensed Lord of the Rings jewelry as well.

I have the weta ring and it's awesome but now I am in the market for another ring. How is the F boutique shape and contours compared to the weta/JH?

- - - Updated - - -

Also has anyone worn their JH/Weta daily? If so any breaking issues? I know tungsten is very brittle

The ring is not likely to break. Because it's actually tungsten carbide, it's extremely hard and not likely to break easily if simply dropped or knocked around. Enough pressure though and you could shatter it.
Your main concern would be wearing down the gold plating before the ring breaks. The Jens Hansen plating is extremely good, but regular wear, exposure to oils and sweat and stuff will eventually dull your plating. (And it's a bitch to get things re-plated!)

If you already have a screen accurate one ring and love the books then go with the 24 carat gold plated bronze one ring from Badali (www.badalijewelry.com). It is only $40 and comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Badali has a bunch of other officially licensed Lord of the Rings jewelry as well.

Not gonna gonna mince my words; the Badali ring looks to be the least accurate of the two alternatives.

With specific reference to Heyjude7 asking about the contours compared to the Hansen ring, I'd say the next step they want to take is one that is close, but a little different.
The Badali ring looks like the contours are completely wrong (near enough non-existent compared to the other two), and is too tall to accommodate the inscription.
That's $40 I'd put towards something better - perhaps the Jens Hansen chain, which is also really nice. The hook just has that added finesse of Middle Earth.

Since I found out about Jens Hansen years ago, personally, I'll never buy a One Ring from anywhere else. Licensed or not - it won't be right.
The work from the guys at Jens Hansen is second to no one as far as I'm concerned. They have amazing customer service and are fantastic when it comes to having custom designs made as well.

But obviously this sorta stuff is all subjective at the end of the day, and just depends what you're after!

Last edited by a moderator:
The ring is not likely to break. Because it's actually tungsten carbide, it's extremely hard and not likely to break easily if simply dropped or knocked around. Enough pressure though and you could shatter it.
Your main concern would be wearing down the gold plating before the ring breaks. The Jens Hansen plating is extremely good, but regular wear, exposure to oils and sweat and stuff will eventually dull your plating. (And it's a bitch to get things re-plated!)

Not gonna gonna mince my words; the Badali ring looks to be the least accurate of the two alternatives.

With specific reference to @Heyjude7 asking about the contours compared to the Hansen ring, I'd say the next step they want to take is one that is close, but a little different.
The Badali ring looks like the contours are completely wrong (near enough non-existent compared to the other two), and is too tall to accommodate the inscription.
That's $40 I'd put towards something better - perhaps the Jens Hansen chain, which is also really nice. The hook just has that added finesse of Middle Earth.

Since I found out about Jens Hansen years ago, personally, I'll never buy a One Ring from anywhere else. Licensed or not - it won't be right.
The work from the guys at Jens Hansen is second to no one as far as I'm concerned. They have amazing customer service and are fantastic when it comes to having custom designs made as well.

But obviously this sorta stuff is all subjective at the end of the day, and just depends what you're after!

Yes, it does depend on what you are after. So let me clarify what i said before. The Badali ring is not the movie ring but it is officially licensed Tolkien merch. To compare the two rings would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Paul Badali was licensed through Tolkien enterprises (now middle-earth enterprises) to produce "the one ring" before the movie incarnation caught our eyes on screen.

In my opinion a Tolkien/LoTR collection would be incomplete without the Badali version. It is the first licensed ring based on the book. If you want a movie one ring then go to Jen Hansen. He made the movie one.

People need to remember that while great movies the Lord of The Rings was a great piece of literature long before 2001. Don't toss a good piece of quality hand made jewelery aside because it is different from what has been idealized through film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gents for the response. I want a hard wearing everyday ring for my wedding band. But $1600 for a 14k ring hurts me in the pocket :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back