The Walking Dead Season 9

Don't have cable tv where I'm at now, not even internet, had to come to my parents to check here. But I actually just watched the last 3 episodes of season 8 between last night and this morning. I'll probably just wait til I can get all the episodes at once and watch season 9. Probably not missing a whole bunch anyways.
Never watched much tv, but Agents of Shield became my favorite show.

My dad said that in addition USMC Quantico (he was stationed there at one point in the late 60s after Vietnam) is near there which should have all kinds of goodies.

The only problem with that is we're what, 8-10 years past the rise of the dead? Those kinds of goodies would have been raided long ago.

No one would raid mundane everyday stuff like plows and canoes. That stuff is valuable to an established society. Not to people fighting to survive. Going after that stuff now makes sense. Just doesn't make sense to go for it in the museum.

- - - Updated - - -

I was sad also. Was hoping to see a come back this season. Seriously a wagon I think I could of made a better one from old car parts or old tractor parts ... seriously a preservation / museum quality one.

The comments on writing and such are all spot on. I hate to say I am only watching because I have watched every episode and hate feeling like a quitter :)

Didn't they take a wagon like this INTO DC with them???

Also, the group going to DC was stacked with badasses, most of them leaders in their own way. Losing that kid's life to like 15 walkers is just embarrassing. Kill the walkers, Rick, then worry about loading the cart.
Yeah I was wondering that as well. In the past they've taken down groups of walkers much larger then that so I would assume those 10-15 walkers would be a piece of cake for them to take out.

Yeah I was wondering that as well. In the past they've taken down groups of walkers much larger then that so I would assume those 10-15 walkers would be a piece of cake for them to take out.

not if they need to stretch out the season because there is zero real content! LOL :)

Those kind of horse drawn plows are not in use anymore, haven't been for several decades. They aren't just laying around. A museum or an old junk store is just about the only place you would find one. I guess you might get lucky and find an old one in a barn or something. Occasionally people make mailboxes out of them, but they certainly aren't in abundance. Daryl said they had already scrounged all the gasoline, so using a modern day tractor pulled plow would be pointless. Even on a small farm nowadays a plow is at least ten feet wide and weigh at least a half a ton. Not really something their horses are going to be cultivating fields with. So, I didn't have a problem with the plow deal.

But the canoe, yeah maybe.

Next episode looks no better, this making a deal of food for labor to fix the bridge .

They need the bridge to GET the food to them !!!

The deal should be we all need a bridge , you ain't doing $#%t start pounding nails !

Wow, I thought the season 8 writer was fired and a new one for 9 since all the bad reviews about 8 were all over the place

I have yet to see the first episode of 9. Maybe I’ll do that tonight

But after seeing the posts here I’m little disheartened.. where is this show going?

I can understand bad writing when it comes to a 50cal bouncing off a Jeep like they are 22’s

Maybe the writers and show makers don’t know anything about guns?

But some of the other stuff i see in here, Rick loading a cart before helping people in need ? What the hell is going on? They dumb down every character?

Is this why Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show? Bad writing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has wanted to leave for a few years now, he and his family are tired of living in the States for 6 months out of the year.

The bad writing is just more justification for him to go.

The Show is done and has been for quite some time

Is this why Andrew Lincoln is leaving the show? Bad writing?

I quit watching the show halfway through last season. I quit caring about the show a couple seasons ago, with the exception of a few episodes with Negan.

Its on my DVR, taking up space, until I get around the clicking that red delete button.

TWD was one of the only reasons I kept cable TV. Well, guess what . . . after season 8 I cancelled cable. Another factor being that they tried to raise my rates again! They were really getting out of hand trying to charge me $160 a month for cable and internet. Netflix $12, Hulu $6, Amazon prime $10, HBO $15 and youtube (free fifty free) all have plenty of content to keep me entertained. Now I'm paying $65/month for internet only. WIN! AMC always offers the season premier streaming for free, so I decided to watch it last night out of curiosity. Holy crap it got worse! lol

The whole museum idea was complete garbage. First of all, if it were that easy to get in and out of the city, then they should be accumulating far more supplies than a few frontier relics. Are they actually trying to convince the audience that a covered wagon is more valuable than a modern day trailer with suspension? You can still pull it with a horse. WTF?

Writers did zero research.

I was actually disappointed when Ezekiel wasn't eaten alive. Everyone on the show should have enough experience by now to know this was a terrible idea. And on top of all that. There really was no need to have anyone even step on the glass in the first place. They could have just as easily used ropes to let it down from the stairs and then pulled it across the glass with ropes from solid ground.

Speaking of horses, Why not use "horsepower" to dislodge the wagon from the mud? They had at least 3 horses and an ATV, and all them ropes . . . Rick is stronger than a horse apparently.

All this, just so some random kid could get bit as a plot point. They could have come up with 1000 different scenarios that show the tact, wisdom and skills this group has acquired over the past several years dealing with walkers. They should be so well oiled by now. I think they even did show this back in like season 3. Now they are somehow dumber than ever.

Looks like they are setting this all up to pit everyone against each other over resources. meh. This seems easily solvable with a little organization.

Anyways, rant off.

Goodbye Walking Dead.

Around seasons 6 & 7 I could justify the bad writing, even argue some of it was realistic when you factor in high stress situations = bad decision making. But this episode was unforgivable.

I don't even know where to begin.

Also, "Oooh, it's Rick Grimes, he ended the war!" He started the damn war!!!

I'll stick it out as I've watched for too long to ditch it now, and grimacing at it and pulling it apart is almost starting to become fun now.

Finished the episode last night, what the hell are they thinking?

I get the wagon maybe because it’s a few years later and gasoline is non existent

Even if they found some, with today’s gasoline it’s technically only good for 30 days.. they have stretched it pretty good on the show but now years..

And no one today knows how to make a plow?

Just weird...

Don’t like where Maggie’s character has gone either

But what are you gonna do... we’ll see where this goes

Watched last nights episode, where the hell is this going? It’s like the writer has never seen any of the previous seasons?!

I didn't mind the second episode as much. It's sticking with the overall theme of the comics pretty well. Judged in that context, it wasn't terrible. To me anyway.

Why didn't they have the sirens set up in a direction entirely away from where anyone was working?

'Hey, a-hole Savior guy who just had a big fight with Daryl, go man the incredibly important siren that will ensure no-one gets hurt, will ya?'

Etc.

Just one week without a dumb decision. Just one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back