Bandai release schedule

They could also do this again. Clearly they found a loophole somewhere.

g9674.jpg

After all the past time, I still keep wondering about all those mourning about no standing minifigures with the vehicles.
As for me, this is the very very very last item I care about, as I have absolutly no use for them. I get the kits for the vehicles and NOT for a bunch of micropilots. Even if I would do some big scale dioramas like a hangar bay or ground battle, they are useless to me. Who wants a battle scene with loads of troopers stuck in the basic standing pose.

Just my personal opinion ;)

The only time I'd need standing figures is in a Republic Gunship. Even then, if Bandai did a kit of just the vehicle, I'm sure someone would fairly quickly offer some figures in dynamic poses on Shapeways.

The only time I'd need standing figures is in a Republic Gunship. Even then, if Bandai did a kit of just the vehicle, I'm sure someone would fairly quickly offer some figures in dynamic poses on Shapeways.

Speaking of Shapeways, has anyone ever seen any dynamic poses for 1/43 scale on there?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sad thing is that Shapeways, using the highest resolution printing, cannot match what Bandai can do with their injection molding which is unbelievably sharp...

True, but my point is that a gunship is the only model where I'd even want standing figures. I don't do diaramas. I'd happily settle for a Bandai gunship with lower rez third party troopers than have no gunship at all.

Sad thing is that Shapeways, using the highest resolution printing, cannot match what Bandai can do with their injection molding which is unbelievably sharp...
It's sorta like comparing a low resolution 480dpi photograph on an 90s inkjet printer side by side with an old school traditional developed film.

3D printing continues to get better however. In my lifetime it will outperform and outproduce some traditional manufacturing methods.

I have no doubt that in ten years or less there will be consumer 3D printers capable of fine enough detail to compare to Bandai. Sure, those machines will be mucho expensive for another 5-10 years after that, but that should give me about 15-20 years (assuming I live a clean life) of modeling some cool stuff before I kick off. :lol

I have my doubts about 3D printers ever becoming the equals of the molding tech. Remember for every innovation they have so does the molding tech. Triaxial jet, slide molds. Those will just keep improving as well.

I have my doubts about 3D printers ever becoming the equals of the molding tech. Remember for every innovation they have so does the molding tech. Triaxial jet, slide molds. Those will just keep improving as well.

True. In some ways 3D prints today offer better detail than some of the soft molded kits many of us were building in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. In 10 years, 3D printers might match Bandai quality today, but Bandai's kits 10 years from now could be insane.

True, both technologies have different development curves however, they are not linear.

Again using the digital picture analog (it's 2D vs 3D printing); In most ways digital photos and prints can be considered superior now. Purists may disagree, but you can't deny the market impact and ease of use of digital cameras, transferring of data, accessibility, low entrance costs, etc.

Kodak film is a great case study; they believed traditional analog film to be superior and invested there. It nearly bankrupted them!

https://youtu.be/yGDL4wZb2Xs?t=580

Straight from the All Japan Hobby Model Show, new 1/350 falcon with ESB/ROTJ style landing gear

Well. Kind of.

To be pedantic, the underside is mostly the TFA part, with the mirrored undersaucer maintenance pits. They didn't redo the bottom of the kit to match the actual shape of the ESB/ROTJ pits.

Though probably 0.0001% of buyers of the product will notice or, indeed, care. :)

hm, didn't notice that, but you're right. Oh welL, it's 1/350 anyway, still hoping for proper 1/72 ESB Falcon after my failed attempt to get the current one :p (finally I can ask for a refund on ebay :/)

Well, they've had both the ANH version bottom hull and the ESB/RotJ/TFA available for awhile. It was harder to find the ANH version than the latter.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back