Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

Yes?..... What?

cdHXaYL.jpg

WOW!! The spine to the knife is awesome, very detailed! You must have a pretty nice telescope or some crystal clear skies to see all of that. We have one as well and never see much..

Very nice looking helmet! I have been following this build for a while and I must say you have come a long way, and I am very impressed! I look forward to its completion.

@sandbagger: that looks like the Horsehead Nebula/part of the Orion Nebula - beautiful deep-space photo.I have a (121x90cm) picture on canvas of the Andromeda Galaxy in the bedroom,and about 1500 glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling (and 1500 more to go to cover the entire ceiling :lol:facepalm).
One documentary I would definitely recommend is Journey to the edge of the Universe from National geographic.

@sandbagger: that looks like the Horsehead Nebula/part of the Orion Nebula - beautiful deep-space photo.I have a (121x90cm) picture on canvas of the Andromeda Galaxy in the bedroom,and about 1500 glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling (and 1500 more to go to cover the entire ceiling :lol:facepalm).
One documentary I would definitely recommend is Journey to the edge of the Universe from National geographic.

Space-themed home hey? Sounds cool.

I have a separate thread here for more info. Sorry, I diverged off topic here. Better get back to it.

SB.

would you just adopt me already!! :lol as Jack Nicholson said "were does we get those wonderful toys!" :love keep up the awesome work! and great pictures man! (y)cheers:popcorn

Hey SB are you using an english wheel on this build. I've been looking for one for a good price, but it's proving tobe a challenge...GM

Did a bit of work with the boots this week. I haven't had much time.

I finished welding up all the joins and seams, added some bottom plates to glue on the tread. Cut away a part of the top so I can get my leather boots in. This piece will re-attach with some tabs and bolts later.

I cut some circles out of thick aluminium to bulk out the foot pivot. Later I have to cut some notches in them for movie-accuracy.

To raise the overall height of the suit, I will be welding in a false bottom in the heel about an inch above the bottom.

Tried them on and found them to be pretty comfortable and the foot rolls well. There's a slight pinch on the back of the Achilles tendon from the rigid steel, but I peined it out on a tow-ball so now it's got a rounded edge against the back of my foot. Little adjustments along the way and it will be fine.

xNC4TBi.jpg

9ZPPnXq.jpg

pEndQ97.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back