Blade Runner 2049 Officer K badge wallet

This is the one that Birdie has in his listing here.

10r4n6h.jpg

And this is the one from IncaIdea on etsy, which is what it seems like most folks here are using.

il_570xN.1416961991_5zq1.jpg

There's also this one on ebay that someone is selling, but it doesn't look as good as the others.

s-l1600.jpg

This is the one that Birdie has in his listing here.

View attachment 792341

And this is the one from IncaIdea on etsy, which is what it seems like most folks here are using.

View attachment 792342

There's also this one on ebay that someone is selling, but it doesn't look as good as the others.

View attachment 792344

Is IncaIdea on Etsy selling Gordon Gekko recast badges? They look similar. Maybe Gordon can look over the photos.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/576578865/blade-runner-2049-officer-kd6-37-badge?ref=shop_home_active_4

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I just finished working on this. I spent most of the day on it, and I think it's fairly accurate. I took some license on the smaller text, which I don't believe we have legible sources of. I also took some inspiration from some of the text that other people have used in their renditions.

2049 ID 02.png

Feel free to use this in your own builds, modify it as you see fit, but don't sell it. You may have to crop it or resize it to make it fit your badge wallet. I haven't completed my own build yet, so I may end up modifying this to fit once I receive the wallet that I ordered.

The pictures below were include my reference material. The first is a screen capture from a 4K source, which doesn't show a lot of detail but shows enough to confirm that the prop photos that we're working from are screen accurate. The second image is that prop photo, with the angle and rotation corrected to match the image from the film. The third one is my own, for comparison.

2049 ID reference.png

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Attachments

• 2049 ID 01.png
    2049 ID 01.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Great work on the IDs here from everyone. Working on my own attemp at the Moment.

Do we know what font is used for "Los Angeles Police Department" below LAPD ? Or did everybody redraw that in vectors?

Do we know what font is used for "Los Angeles Police Department" below LAPD ? Or did everybody redraw that in vectors?

The font that I used was called VI Co May and was available for free at ffonts.com yesterday, but I cannot find the link to it today. There are a few other free alternatives there, including:

https://www.ffonts.net/MontereyFLF-Bold.font?text=LosAngelesPoliceDepartment

https://www.ffonts.net/Peinaud-Medium.font?text=LosAngelesPoliceDepartment

Also, the font that I used for the "Officer K" text was called Republikaps, available from the same place. The font for the lowercase D was from Republika, which was included in the same download package as Republikaps.

https://www.ffonts.net/Republikaps.font?text=OFFICERKD6-3.7

EDIT: Fount the first font that I was looking for. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up in a search but the direct link works.

https://www.ffonts.net/VI-Co-May.font?text=LosAngelesPoliceDepartment

Last edited:
Okay, third revision. I tweaked the "LAPD" placement, replaced the "Retirement Division" with a string of numbers that was a better match for the indistinct text on the original, and changed the font on the "Security Code" to match. Also changed the opacity of the stamp thing on the blood type.

2049 ID 03.png

Okay, third revision. I tweaked the "LAPD" placement, replaced the "Retirement Division" with a string of numbers that was a better match for the indistinct text on the original, and changed the font on the "Security Code" to match. Also changed the opacity of the stamp thing on the blood type.

View attachment 792565

Awesome work brother! Keep it up. You have the most accurate version out there.

Awesome work brother! Keep it up. You have the most accurate version out there.

If you insist. Here's the latest.

2049 ID 04.png

I should mention that if you have a wallet or a ID card that you're printing this to that's wider than the typical ID, or if you have a wide screen that you're displaying it on, you 'll want to crop it just under the "Violations will be prosecuted" line of text. This will cut off the bottom of the fingerprint just a little bit, but that will be a pretty good match for what was seen on screen. I've working on the full version without that cut off so that people have the flexibility to crop it however they need to depending on the size of your display or the window in your wallet.

I'm definitely using this image for my version 2 build, which I'll be doing soon since I just snapped all three wires connecting the switch on my wallet while trying to upload the new image. I still have one good screen left, so it it's not a total loss. Those greeting card screens are just too fragile.

Im thinking of using the "White LED Backlight Module - Large 45mm x 86mm" found on Adafruit, along with one of their smaller batteries and a magnetic switch, backlighting a clear ID card. Im not getting too excited though, I think the light module might be difficult to fit in the wallet, will also have to see how bright it is. If its too big I may have to use a larger wallet to fit everything in.

Were you ever able to put this together? I'm interested to see what the panel looks like.

Were you ever able to put this together? I'm interested to see what the panel looks like.

Still waiting on the wallet to come in, ill post a picture of the panel, but it will be too small (unless I get a smaller ID or somehow can diffuse the light over a larger area), because of this I ordered a cheap EL panel as well as an iPhone backlight, will use whatever works best. My main concern with the iPhone backlight is that the connectors are very tiny and I'm not sure that I have the required soldering skills!

Took a few photos of the various parts that I currently have, the IDs that I got are larger than a standard credit card/license card and so I have included a card that size for scale. The panel is quite bright and is very easy to power, so I may still try to use it somehow (though another problem may be the rather large dark extension part on the panel). For power I have a 150 mah as well as a 500 mah, both work with the panel. Also in the pictures I have used both a clear as well as a white ID so that you guys can see the difference in how that looks. Also included are pictures of the iPhone 5 panel showing its increased size (still not quite big enough for my IDs, but close enough. Sorry if this message sounds disjointed (working on an assignment right now) if anybody has any more questions let me know, otherwise I will update as I get the rest of the parts in.
IMG_5988.JPGIMG_5990.JPGIMG_5991.JPGIMG_5992.JPGIMG_5993.JPGIMG_5994.JPGIMG_5995.JPGIMG_5996.JPG

Thanks for the update. It looks good, but the size is exactly what I thought it would be. I ordered an EL panel that I can trim to size, so I’ll see if that works any better.

What about this kind of LED panel?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B073ZKXR3L

There is no perfect size, they're either too small or too big. I thought the bigger one could simply be cut down to size (it's just a sheet of etched clear acrylic) but they say no.

That would be another option as well, I do have one of those EL panels coming in (from China) but if none of those work that LED panel might be ok, depends on how big my wallet ID pocket ends up being. Right now I think I will try to use the iPhone backlight (when my voltage converter comes in and if I can get those wires soldered), its a bit too small but its not bad.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back