Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Yeeeaahhhh, ​not quite got the space for that, and the wife nixed the whole "full size Rachel in fur coat" idea as well.
Think I'll model a small version of this guy as a stand with the blaster Resting on his head.
cb469c15706fe681541208790fe313bf.gif

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

Anyone out there who could help hook me up with one of these in the UK? It may have been a 'cheap' alternative, but certainly not now.... you can't get one for less than £50 online, not including the crippling customs share! Amazon JP don't ship here, so I'm stuck. I'm on quite a tight budget too (I wish I could have gotten one of the 11$ deals some were getting upthread)

any ideas would be appreciated!

I'm back home on spring break, so naturally I'm spending my time at my workbench. Had a very successful and productive day:

Cut off the other half of the grip, leaving just the frame:
IMG_7645.jpg

Test fitting the resin Tomen grips, I noticed there was a slight gap. Sooo....
IMG_7649.jpg

I chopped the butt off.
IMG_7650.jpg

Then I built the other half of the inner grip with styrene...
IMG_7656.jpgIMG_7655.jpg

And glued it into place!
IMG_7661.jpgIMG_7660.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to clean up the grips and fill in any gaps. I also plan on gluing the barrel and upper barrel greeblie into place. Then I'll focus on the magazine/battery pack.

I'm back home on spring break, so naturally I'm spending my time at my workbench. Had a very successful and productive day:

View attachment 803803

View attachment 803804

I chopped the butt off.
View attachment 803805

View attachment 803806View attachment 803807

And glued it into place!
View attachment 803810View attachment 803811

Tomorrow I'm going to clean up the grips and fill in any gaps. I also plan on gluing the barrel and upper barrel greeblie into place. Then I'll focus on the magazine/battery pack.

last month I got the Tome blaster and compared it to the water guns, and I would say they are about 99% close in size

The "Butt" on the water gun is a bit shorter in height than on the Tomes'. Reason you have a gap.

when I get some free time I plan to post lots of pics of the water gun and tome. And give the list off all the exact sized screws used
And pics of the instruction booklet and more pics of the gun, to help your guys build

And since I own the Tome, I plan to use it as a reference to upgrade my water guns.

You’re right @Getoninja I was surprised at how close the two actually were.

I know someone had done a comparison pages back but in person I was pretty blown away at how close the Fullcock is.

for the $20 I paid when it came out, this was an excellent replica.

Also, @Thain you’re blaster is looking epic. The grip frame came out awesome :thumbsup

I have never claimed to be sane...
wip20180321-left.jpgwip20180321-right.jpg
I built up the internal revolver frame which is attached to the Steyr receiver and magwell. It will allow me to cut up all those small gaps that the prop has and add visible details inside them. Left side of frame is thickened, right side of the frame has been cut and fitted but will be installed late — after triggers and grip frame are in place.
I made half a revolver cylinder which fits inside the left side of the frame and which will be visible through some gaps.

The magwell has been cut up, gaps filled and reinforced on four sides. The mag is a bit of a mess.

I thickened the grip butt on the bottom before I knew that the grip was too long. It would have been easier to cover the gap than to fill it, which I will have to do next.

All structural work done with solvent-welded styrene. Putty only on the surface.

View attachment 803803

View attachment 803804

I chopped the butt off.
View attachment 803805

View attachment 803806View attachment 803807

And glued it into place!
View attachment 803810View attachment 803811

sorry for delay not sure if your done, but hope this helps you and others.

the Tomenosuke butt has a sharper edges versus water gun with soft edges.
measurements are in metric
12mm high and the end tip is 9mm. Get styrene sheets, clay, etc.. and stack till you get the exact size, seems easy.

BEBvthG8_o.jpg

okay, here is what I have so far of my Tomenosuke blaster. if you guys have questions and need more plmk, but get busy and there could be delays

Tomen used screws sizes in metric and inches
For the past month I been on quest for most screws for my water guns and its a pain.
I been buying most my screws from Home Depot to keep the screws consistent. and I think I will spend about $18 in screws for three blasters.

Want to give a important note on cheap screws, if you buy them at Harbor Fright or cheap Chinese brands, some "Hex" shapes are not centered. I noticed this from the box sets at Harbor Freight but those were not the right size., this was before I got my Tomen.
Maybe pay extra for quality screws

a diagram what type screws used
for some odd reason the "grub slotted screws" are only sold in Asia, or the UK. very odd. Unless you guys find them in US, please post
Home Depot is the lowest priced compared to Lowes, and True Value.
Hobby Shops carry screws, but I don't have one near me to check out

All screws are machined. meaning the threading is thin.
the Oval head slotted screw is where you released the cylinder
The slotted flat counterstruck screw goes inside the handle

xMyQ2Lko_o.jpg

size break down
metric
M3x10mm = wide of screw x length of screw
inches
5-40x3/16 = wide of screw x length of screw

No size of the head, not sure why. But seems no matter the size, the Head goes up in size. It seems the head size does not stay the same.

But since Screws are for water guns, and will not hold any piece in place and for esthetic, does not matter the length size, as long the screw stays in place.
I think the grips are the only important ones.

most screws are "Hex" unless stated otherwise

want to make a side not on the gripe top screws. Instruction booklet states "m3x8mm" but my Tomen had "m3x6mm" screws. It seems 8mm would touch the other side screw, maybe a pre error. Maybe updated after booklet. Unless others got 8mm screws, plmk
YS2erfs0_o.jpg

jJWP7fT4_o.jpg

iRn7Efat_o.jpg

qsa6vokU_o.jpg

m0T0RjKg_o.jpg

QNcDQOxx_o.jpg

Last edited:
the "Spacer" piece between the front barrel and magazine frame is removable and made of steel
A metal spacer would be a nice little upgrade for your water gun.

Found a Spacer close enough at Lowes for about $1.50 each by Hillman. only problem, Is 1mm wider and 2mm higher. The height, but can be trimmed down or hidden inside the water gun and the inside can hold the M6 screw.
Exact size spacer can be a bit pricey on ebay.. but can be made using metal tubing.

zCu4Y3HK_o.jpg

The Spacer is in metric and converted to inches. A Home Depot employee told me my inches could be off, plmk if wrong and what is correct
notice the Tomen M6 screw head is lower than the different brand. Can't find Tomen M6 screw used
sm53cTRs_o.jpg

Hillman brand spacer sold only at Lowes for about $1.50. Home Depot has metal spacers but are small in width
inches converted to metric 5mmx9mmx18mm . If wrong please correct

o7pg5Izq_o.jpg

5q5WbxWu_o.jpg

G0RKbhD5_o.jpg

1kucNzqT_o.jpg

tsNnnwmS_o.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back