Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

HCG should inspect it because there is a issue (probably) with the whole batch.

Search the #tomenosuke tag on Instagram, and join the Propsummit group on Facebook. There are examples on each of blasters from the recent batch that do not have the grip issue.

That’s good news- everything I’ve heard is positive, so far.
I do find it strange, however, that UK C&E are letting these through (I don’t want to turn this in to a VCR act moan, as it’s been discussed many times before!).
I know we’re not the bad guys, but when you consider that you’ve got a very heavy, realistic gun shaped object coming in to the country, you might think the powers to be might kick up more of a fuss.
Finger hovering, as we speak!
yorkie,it turned up this morning at work.paid the ups driver the duty/tax waited all day till i went home to unpack it.omg am i happy!:)very happy with mine,much better than you think when it is in your hand:thumbsup go for it mate,you will be happy.

yorkie,it turned up this morning at work.paid the ups driver the duty/tax waited all day till i went home to unpack it.omg am i happy!:)very happy with mine,much better than you think when it is in your hand:thumbsup go for it mate,you will be happy.

Excellent:thumbsup. Bet you’ll be playing with it all night (the blaster, that is!).
Was ready to go, but the recent QC issues have put me on hold till we find out what the score is!
Had the package been opened?

Excellent:thumbsup. Bet you’ll be playing with it all night (the blaster, that is!).
Was ready to go, but the recent QC issues have put me on hold till we find out what the score is!
Had the package been opened?
package was still sealed,i can't see anything wrong with my blaster thank god,can't believe how lucky i was with the import charge.

The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Commencement No 3) Order 2007: firearms measures refers to realistic firearms i.e. airsoft rifles and pistols which is why you need to be UKRA registered to buy and import as they fire projectiles i'e' BB's and look like the real steel guns they're based upon. The Blade Runner Blaster a science fiction prop replica incapable in it's imported state of firing or be made to fire (expel) any projectile, so it's ridiculous to to suggest that the VCR would even be the remotist of considerations for UK Customs to consider apart from the FACT that on all imported packages there is a declaration label that describes the packages content, in this instance either "toy" or "Collectable",
There is more than enough anecdotal evidence on this and other threads from UK purchasers that shows unlike earlier imports UK Customs and Excise do actually know what to look for.
UK Customs are clearing these and charging a handsome VAT levy into the bargain.
In short you have all the assurance you need to get this piece of movie memorabilia Yorkie and all UK Customs will do is charge you for the pleasure.

how much is a handsome levy?
The Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (Commencement No 3) Order 2007: firearms measures refers to realistic firearms i.e. airsoft rifles and pistols which is why you need to be UKRA registered to buy and import as they fire projectiles i'e' BB's and look like the real steel guns they're based upon. The Blade Runner Blaster a science fiction prop replica incapable in it's imported state of firing or be made to fire (expel) any projectile, so it's ridiculous to to suggest that the VCR would even be the remotist of considerations for UK Customs to consider apart from the FACT that on all imported packages there is a declaration label that describes the packages content, in this instance either "toy" or "Collectable",
There is more than enough anecdotal evidence on this and other threads from UK purchasers that shows unlike earlier imports UK Customs and Excise do actually know what to look for.
UK Customs are clearing these and charging a handsome VAT levy into the bargain.
In short you have all the assurance you need to get this piece of movie memorabilia Yorkie and all UK Customs will do is charge you for the pleasure.

£188.34 in my case, that's purchase+shipping x 20%.That's what anyone considering not banging on about the same issue over and over. He emailed me several times a few weeks back and I replied in-depth but still wasn't enough obviously.:lol Anyway how much did they sting you for?

£188.34 in my case, that's purchase+shipping x 20%.That's what anyone considering not banging on about the same issue over and over. He emailed me several times a few weeks back and I replied in-depth but still wasn't enough obviously.:lol Anyway how much did they sting you for?
46of my hard earn pounds my friend, as i said,thought i was lucky.:thumbsup

Also got mine now and I am very divided as to what I think, the reason why...

The Grip issue is of course also on my one, it must be a tool prob.

fullsizeoutput_390.jpegfullsizeoutput_396.jpegfullsizeoutput_392.jpeg

And I noticed that edge of the Bolt Handle collides with the Receiver-End sorta halfway and cuts in to the chamfer of the Receiver.
It also pushes the Receiver-End towards the Receiver, look at the gap between the two parts. If I would fasten the screw for Receiver-End it would collide even earlier.
fullsizeoutput_395.jpegfullsizeoutput_394.jpeg

It seems that the Chamfer edge of the Receiver hasn't been finished properly, look at the edge, its all jaggy and uneven.
fullsizeoutput_391.jpegIMG_0369.jpg

I have not informed HCG yet, thought I check here first if any of you guys have the same problem with the Receiver/Bolt Handle as me.

Cheers Guys

Last edited:
mgb969 when did you get your blaster?did you get a phone call from ups asking what your paecel was?did you have to sign a form saying what it was?

Last edited by a moderator:
@CAPTAINCOX I have similar issues with my receiver. Small gap where you’ve mentioned, although not as much. On the receiver it looks like it wasn’t cut/filed all the way. Because of this my bolt action rise all the way or doesn’t slide back.

hoping this a solvable issue with simple filing.

Same issue with mine as well. However I’m not too worried about the grips. But, the bolt action doesn’t extend back. Hmm.

@CAPTAINCOX I have similar issues with my receiver. Small gap where you’ve mentioned, although not as much. On the receiver it looks like it wasn’t cut/filed all the way. Because of this my bolt action rise all the way or doesn’t slide back.

FYI, there is very little travel in the bolt - that's just how it is, not a defect.

This is the extent of it:

Tomen bolt.jpg

I got mine in February (October Issue) mine came via Parcelforce as it cleared through the international hub in Coventry. I got the call from them after 10 days and had make payment before delivery. it was declared as Figure Toys (No adhesive, No lithium battery) on the declaration label so no nee to sign anything other than the delivery confirmation pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spare boxes for the November batch were sent by Tomenosuke. Those who had issues with that batch should be getting their replacements soon. They were already shipped those out last week.

Please note, only those who had an issue and reported it back in November/December are getting replacement boxes. Mune only made a few extra boxes, enough to cover those replacements. Any box damages from this new run will be handled by Tomenosuke and I am not sure if they planned for this by making extras or not. The may or may not have. I just want to be clear on that so people don’t assume we have a bunch of extras now sitting around.

My replacement box was waiting for me when I got home :D:thumbsup

Yup @D48thRonin, mine doesn’t even do that. The “arm” if you will doesn’t rise all the way.

So because of that it doesn’t even slide back at all. But again, this may be a sovleable issue.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't want to throw alcohol in the fire but it seems to me that you guys are starting to see issues where there are none. The grip issue is clearly an issue and I would push as well to get it fix, just no need to go crazy or write 20 messages about it.
The casting lines however have always been there on the Tomenosuke, this is still a factory produced item and they are not getting rid of all the small flash lines. They have the most amazing castings I ever seen, I know, I have a raw kit and it's really amazing, but they just do the paint on it if I'm not mistaken, they don't go into details for the flash lines. If you want something really perfect and obsess over every small detail, like I do, the only way is to get a kit and do it yourself. No one is ever going to do something as perfect as a perfectionist wants, especially not a factory produced Item, even if it's a really nice and expensive Item.
good luck guys, I hope Tomenosuke will provide you a solution for the grips.
cheers :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back