Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

This seems to be turning into a refinishing/build.... Why not start your own thread to show your progress instead of hijacking this one? People can then follow your progress there. This was initially a thread to discuss Tomenosuke releases and somehow it has drifted into a "let me show every step of my refinishing the gun" thread. :lol

Have to say I agree. I'm excited you got your blaster, mgb969, and I'm enjoying your pics and posts and hearing about your plans (I was initially not even thinking about weathering mine when I get it, but all you guys doing this are inspiring me!), BUT every time I see new posts on this thread, I'm hoping they'll be updates about pending orders from HCG shipping, which I believe is happening any day now? Anyway. Just two cents from a newbie whose opinion doesn't matter in the slightest :p

Yes you're right but but also a little shortsighted, no offence meant, the thread started as an announcement Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights and ran. the thread moved on to members not just discussing the fact regarding the upgrades and dates etc. but which version was the best and so. It moved on further still pre-order discussion bearing in mind this is the same thread given everyone now knows that Tomenosuke had got the rights.
Members have been talking about their confusion about 2049 versions available and which ones they get and wheres best to get one, basically this thread HAS evolved.
I in my glee at finally receiving my blaster was very eager to share with the community and to be fair I honestly expressed desire modify it coupled with trepidation due to my limited skill level.
It was mainly due to encouragement from fellow member that I went ahead with the posts that seem to have irked some of you which was not my intent.
I do not feel I've "hijacked" tread simply shared the enjoyment of this ever evolving topic.
But hey the discussion will continue.

We are NUTS! We're nuts about this, we're nut about that, but never have I seen anything like the nuttiness that surrounds this movie prop.
I have seen so much confusion around the 2049 version it's unbelievable.
Below is what I understand to be the last version of the original run with blurb and please correct me if I have this wrong as I am probably more confused than most.
I apologise for the length of this post but I not seen a definitive explanation to varying number of 2049 versions.
s-l500.jpg
THIS IS THE LAST VERSION OF THE HIGH END TOMENOSUKE BLASTERS - WITH THE CORRECT BEAUTIFUL GLOSSY FINISH, DELUXE FOAM PACKAGING, AND GRADUAL POWER UP RED LED MODULE. THE NEW "2049" MODELS NO LONGER HAVE THESE DELUXE FEATURES.
Up for Auction is a Brand New Completely SOLD OUT Tomenosuke HCG Exclusive Edition Assembled blaster.
The Tomenosuke Blaster was also chosen as the screen used prop for Deckard in the upcoming Blade Runner 2049 sequel.
Fully painted and assembled from the factory.
An absolute stunning reproduction of Deckard's famous sidearm from the classic Science Fiction Masterpiece BLADE RUNNER.
Limited to 150 pieces worldwide.
Will ship overseas but buyer is responsible to know import laws in their own countries and must have proper documentation if required. Buyer must contact me for possible additional overseas shipping charges as well.
Bid with confidence ebay member for over 16 years
ITEM DESCRIPTION:
TOMENOSUKE BLASTER PRO RETAILER HCG EXCLUSIVE EDITION PROP REPLICA

RARE Collectible only 150 made! - A must for any Blade Runner fan!

We are extremely proud to present the ULTIMATE EVOLUTION of the Tomenosuke PRO Blaster.
This HCG Exclusive version features a never before seen authentic gun blued finish to the upper receiver, capturing exactly how the blaster would have looked when first manufactured!
This replica, as with the earlier Tomenosuke PRO Blaster, has been further improved and made more accurate in the following areas:
The grip color is correct and the grip frame is perfected
The grip end plate is now the correct shape.
The receiver shape is improved.
The safety area has been made accurate and the gap between the bolt sleeve and receiver has been eliminated.
The laser has been moved closer to the receiver.
The front trigger blade shape is completely redone.
Improved switch cover shape
Offered as a fully assembled, finished replica
These detailed improvements make this the most accurate version of this blaster ever offered!
Limited to just 150 pieces worldwide, this will be the final incarnation of this blaster and once gone, there will be no more! - hirohawa - Ebay Seller

So this is the edition/version I recently purchased and not after started to see the one pictured below.
s-l1600.png

Now my confusion started to peak as I came across another, the only difference I could really note was in the packaging but I then started to wonder if I'd been too hasty in my desire to own this beauty.
Are these the same version save the alternative packaging or are there any kind of tweaks depending on when they were issued?
s-l1600 (3).jpg

043796cc47053346e1f49ba1219e4e50.jpg

I hope you can see where the confusion lies and any information would be great to put me straight.
Cheers.

Last edited:
mgb969
Not sure exactly what you are asking. If you are asking what the difference between the two 2049 blasters that came out in 2017 then this was covered in a previous reply in this thread:

New foam lined box with separate lid.
New box graphics...with Blade Runner written on box.
The underside of the Butt-Plate has the ALCON licence details scribed.
Slow Fade ON light-up red LEDs are back.
Bullet ends are now engraved again MAG 44 SPL.
Full color photo book included.

These are the improvements to the second 2049 of last year - the licensed one.

I have the first one myself - the one with the cheap packaging. They look the same, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Chris,
I have seen the those posts but they relate to the actual modifications:

New foam lined box with separate lid-tick
New box graphics...with Blade Runner written on box-minus
The underside of the Butt-Plate has the ALCON licence details scribed-minus
Slow Fade ON light-up red LEDs are back-minus
Bullet ends are now engraved again MAG 44 SPL-minus
Full color photo book included-tick

With regards to my one I guess what I was asking essentially was for the actual chronology of the 2049 versions and where mine sits in the line.
I have seen your vid and having caused offence with my comments (which were not intended to do so) to another member and did not apologise for but which I do so now.
I thought the gradual light up was only offered up on the HCG Exclusive Edition, is it a feature on the latest (new box design) version?
I suppose for those that don't have it someone will come up with a fix or maybe even an aftermarket part.
Cheers.

Well, there are three 2049 versions. Sort of.

HCG offered the 1st and 2nd versions. The 3rd is the World-con version, which has a different finish.

The first 2049 came with simple box.
The second 2049 came with new box.

Is anyone able to confirm how many of the licenced versions that HCG currently selling are being produced? I saw a YouTube video where it is stated that there are only 100. Based on the popularity and the fact that it still has not sold out, I find that very hard to believe.

Is anyone able to confirm how many of the licenced versions that HCG currently selling are being produced? I saw a YouTube video where it is stated that there are only 100. Based on the popularity and the fact that it still has not sold out, I find that very hard to believe.

The first 2049 that HCG offered was listed as an edition of 100. The second, licensed, version seems to not mention that. So I guess the new version so far is an open edition.

Well, there are three 2049 versions. Sort of.

HCG offered the 1st and 2nd versions. The 3rd is the World-con version, which has a different finish.

The first 2049 came with simple box.
The second 2049 came with new box.

Cheers mate,
I think that's helped a lot thanks. It also means that the model you referred to in your initial response to my query is actually the fourth and not so final one as I'm sure they (Tomenosuke) not too far away from introducing or at least announcing the assembly kit version :D.

I'm confused here. Will HCG have the worldcon edition with the blued receiver and gradual red lights?

The latest edition is open ended. HCG had an initial 50 in the first batch and then 200 in the second batch. New batch is expected this month...So clearly it is not 100 pieces in total. :lol

Since you seam like the person to ask Moviefreak, if I finish paying before this month any chance I’ll get one of the incoming batch?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back