Blade Runner Blaster (?) in new death note movie

Teaser pic 1.jpg

Just a taste

for sure, I'd be interested in a run! it's an amazing gun. now i think you should do an interest thread in the junkyard or everybody will respond here where it's not really the place I guess :thumbsup

Junk yard post will come for sure but I want to just get the content of the build out there for you guys first. Then, at that time, if there is still interest, I'll post in the junkyard. But, should we just keep this thread going? I mean, it's already got momentum. Let me know on that before I keep posting pics here.

sure continue posting pictures for sure! It's just that everyone posting interested might get messy ;)

Junk yard post will come for sure but I want to just get the content of the build out there for you guys first. Then, at that time, if there is still interest, I'll post in the junkyard. But, should we just keep this thread going? I mean, it's already got momentum. Let me know on that before I keep posting pics here.

Ya man! keep it going!

I've been pursuing the Dekkard Blade Runner Blaster design aesthetic for a very long time.... my first public attempt was Spooner's gun in iROBOT.

The homage was first suggested by the director with another interesting suggestion by the prop master and there is an homage to my late mom there too.... but you'll never see it until you see it.

This is one of my all time favourite attempts at a Dekkard Blaster aesthetic .... and Kenney did a wonderful job in bringing it to life. Go Kenney.

:)
Definitely noticed the Sid concept as well as the gen1 P99 grip on this one.
@kcpstudios would totally be in on a run for the death note gun.

Nice to see the real pros in here.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked to see how many KCP internal PFC guns I have left in inventory. I do have enough I could spare for a run. First let's talk about the history of the gun and get a ton of pics up. I should be done with the films I'm currently on with a week or two. So, I could realistically do a run on my break. Keep in mind, though, this is a complex piece to build. I even plated the internal gun to match the external surfaces. There is a great deal of work here. Even machining. So, if I do a run....please gents, serious commitments only. Don't hop on and then bail. Had that happen once before and it hurt a lot of members and they lost out.

I may be so inclined to do a run of the custom suede lined holsters I did for the film.

I have checked to see how many KCP internal PFC guns I have left in inventory. I do have enough I could spare for a run. First let's talk about the history of the gun and get a ton of pics up. I should be done with the films I'm currently on with a week or two. So, I could realistically do a run on my break. Keep in mind, though, this is a complex piece to build. I even plated the internal gun to match the external surfaces. There is a great deal of work here. Even machining. So, if I do a run....please gents, serious commitments only. Don't hop on and then bail. Had that happen once before and it hurt a lot of members and they lost out.

I may be so inclined to do a run of the custom suede lined holsters I did for the film.
Lost out big time! wouldn't want to go through that again..

A plain unfinished kit would be appreciated if youre only otherwise able to do pricey finished versions. Might be easier on you, and then a few of us would be inclined to give it a custom Blade Runner paintjob.

Obviously commitment levels for a run would depend a lot on price so the sooner you can make an 'int' thread with that information the better.

Something to consider if/when you do; customer location is important for import of the plug-fire-cap gun base. For instance; I'm in the UK where pfc guns are legal as long as they are sold or transported in bright 'non realistic' colours. Like my new S&W .38 revolver which is cool as long as it's in the gold finish it's sold in.

dder22f.JPG

When this is painted it becomes a 'realistic imitation' which is banned from sale or transport and so I won't ever be able to take it outside my house again (I'm cool with that though).

This makes the idea of an unfinished kit more desirable to a lot of people - just like Tomenosuke's which fly straight through UK customs as kits but have issues as fully built guns.

:thumbsup

dder22f.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
20170831_134611-01.jpeg

I feel like an idiot..after posting the question and then realizing that it was similar to the PKD....wow. it just never occurred to me. As much as I read the posts on this site and how much I have loved the Blade Runner prop. It just didn't jump right out at me. Fantastic work though. Beautiful!

Just watched it last night.

Nice work on this one guys (@kcpstudio & @RAYGUNMFG) :thumbsup

I especially dig how the blaster case lights up inside and holds the individual rounds as well.

flHN6aH.jpg

1YaZlqO.jpg

ZP2wKDj.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back