Things you're tired of seeing in movies

Military people not wearing hats or helmets where they usually would. Pilots not wearing oxygen masks where they'd have to.
All so that the actor's faces can be best be seen. :confused
People in the military wear headgear outside in almost every circumstance. But not in the movies or TV!

Military people not wearing hats or helmets where they usually would. Pilots not wearing oxygen masks where they'd have to.
All so that the actor's faces can be best be seen. :confused
People in the military wear headgear outside in almost every circumstance. But not in the movies or TV!

The worst for that was the, since canceled, Fox show, Enlisted. Even though I was in the Marines and therefor not too familiar with Army uniform regulations I knew enough to know that they should be wearing their covers outdoors. Even the uninitiated would know something was wrong because while the main characters (in their very undersized platoon) seldom wore their covers when outdoors, all of the background extras would.

As far as pilots go, it's typically combination of not wearing their masks or their visors. Take Top Gun for instance, they'd show everybody, Tom Cruise included, wear their masks pretty regularly but they never had their visors down once in the entire movie.

As far as pilots go, it's typically combination of not wearing their masks or their visors. Take Top Gun for instance, they'd show everybody, Tom Cruise included, wear their masks pretty regularly but they never had their visors down once in the entire movie.
Yeah, good point. I bet the Navy people pushed hard for O2 masks to be on more than in other movies.
You could easily tell the actors from the pilots in the film, as the pilots always had the visors down and the actors never did.

Kids who are amazingly annoying and the parents simply allow it to happen and never say anything.
Happens all the time on TV, some kid is doing something that would gotten them backhanded into the middle of next week's episode by even the most accommodating of parents but the parents never say anything, just grit their teeth and push on (because on TV, parents always fret over every little idiotic thing the kids say and think about them) and never say a thing.
Baloney. No parent would put up with as much as you see on TV.

Tired of hearing Scottish accents, bad Scottish accents or Scottish accents with subtitles.

For such a small country with such a small population we seem to inhabit every inch of the universe or mythical world.

Edit* Just caught 5mins of transformers 2 tonight and low and behold a friggin Scottish autobot. Changed the channel.

Last edited:
The well worn love interest introduction:
Character walks into a room, classroom or meeting and takes a seat. As they sit down they are in sharp focus, an out of focus member of the opposite sex will sit slightly behind them. The character will then turn to see them and that person comes into focus and smiles at main character, they then go back out of focus as the main character comes back into focus with a happy grin on their face.

The well worn love interest introduction:
Character walks into a room, classroom or meeting and takes a seat. As they sit down they are in sharp focus, an out of focus member of the opposite sex will sit slightly behind them. The character will then turn to see them and that person comes into focus and smiles at main character, they then go back out of focus as the main character comes back into focus with a happy grin on their face.
Yep.
How about guys that girls will flirt with the very millisecond they're seen for the first time?
Yeah, there are guys/men that girls/women will be immediately attracted to, but even then the females aren't going to be THAT obvious, THAT quick. No, even then, they'll be coy.

Cars in movies would never survive any crash tests. They explode upon impact.
Or, They are indestructible, Crashing through buildings and other cars without any damage!

Hold on there, Hoss. Are you insinuating that there is something phony about this?

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The jump? Nope. Driving away in the same car unscathed after the landing? welllllll.... not saying there was a reason to have trailers full of Lees, but... I miss those days though, of real stunts being done and not all CGI.

How about when characters dig up a grave in a cemetery with a shovel. Anyone ever tried to dig a hole like that with a shovel? They make it look so easy.

That's for sure!! I've actually dug a grave with a shovel (not by myself, there were three of us) and it took us all day to dig and we were thoroughly exhausted after doing it. Never want to do that again!!

How about when characters dig up a grave in a cemetery with a shovel. Anyone ever tried to dig a hole like that with a shovel? They make it look so easy.
True.
Not to mention how nobody seems to notice even if you do that.
Or for that matter, nobody ever seems to notice anything odd going on around them. I know the extras are told not to draw attention to themselves, but notice how many people just walk down the sidewalk when someone is running past while covered in mud, blood or whatever, carrying a gun and nobody notices?

True.
Not to mention how nobody seems to notice even if you do that.
Or for that matter, nobody ever seems to notice anything odd going on around them. I know the extras are told not to draw attention to themselves, but notice how many people just walk down the sidewalk when someone is running past while covered in mud, blood or whatever, carrying a gun and nobody notices?

That kind of goes along with what I mentioned a good while back, people walking around with hoods on and nobody noticing how they're the only one(s) with a hood up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back