Luke Skywalker ROTJ Hero saber curiosities

As you can see, it has all the info on the bottom of the pommel, including the Made in China. The activation box also has the translucent red and green arrows present on both of the official runs. Unlike the US made ones, it has the more matte, less polished finish and the wider grip ridges. Your non-stamped, painted arrow version sounds like a keeper and definitely a piece of MR history. :)

hmm.. they open for me when I click on them. I'll repost them.

luke 1.jpgluke 2.jpgluke 3.jpgluke 5.jpgluke 6.jpgluke 8.jpgluke 9.jpgluke 11.jpgluke 12.jpg

Thanks ... so the enigma still remains ... there are those without any writing ... and with painted arrows done after the official MR run in 2002 and then there's mine with All Rights Reserved instead of Made in China ... So is mine a prototype of some sorts made in the USA to be used as a template for the official MR China run? And recreated lateron after MR China run was done . . . yet with those USA specs available . . . i.e. copper neck and painted arrows? And does that imply it's worth even more than a regular MR or the one being sold by lgtsbr, since it does have the Lucasfilm name involved albeit very faintly? ;)

Chaim

Did yours come with a plaque, Chaim, or did you purchase it as a loose saber? I'm guessing loose as both the US and China versions have the acrylic arrows. Strange then, that it would have any printing on the pommel at all. I managed to buy an extra control box from an RPFer not long after I purchased my MR luke. It's quite different (ie: the placement of the arrows and screws and the black side bar is completely different) but even that has the acrylic arrows. Not sure of your sabers lineage, but I'd definitely hold on to it. :)

No plaque or paperwork ... just the lightsaber ... and yep I'll hold on to mine for sure ... in fact all of my lightsabers ... I haven't sold any whatsoever :)

Chaim

Did yours come with a plaque, Chaim, or did you purchase it as a loose saber? I'm guessing loose as both the US and China versions have the acrylic arrows. Strange then, that it would have any printing on the pommel at all. I managed to buy an extra control box from an RPFer not long after I purchased my MR luke. It's quite different (ie: the placement of the arrows and screws and the black side bar is completely different) but even that has the acrylic arrows. Not sure of your sabers lineage, but I'd definitely hold on to it. :)

Hi Petowalker

Thanks for posting ... however you say eFX, which has created a resin Luke ROTJ as far as I'm aware ... yet you post a picture of the Luke ROTJ Reveal by Master Replicas ... why? :)

Chaim

Okay, after some internet detective work I've determined that mine was made by cvte66. Googling cvte combined with appropriate keywords will give you a little information. They came from a shop in Pennsylvania and are said to be the same dimensions as the MR. He made several different runs and the details can differ slightly (some have black powder coating, some are painted, etc). I believe all have painted arrows. This jives with everything I remember about purchasing it.

Chaim, I don't know why yours has the MR info on it. It seems to be somewhat of an anomaly.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back