Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

No seriously this helmet is just awfull and has nothing to see with vader. Even if i can't afford a 800€ helmet i prefer save than "loose" 100€ in that toy.
sorry it is just my personnal opinion...

Last edited:
Not the best I’ve seen but probably the best I’ve seen in this price range and with some fun play features too?
Sold!

...and even after me ranting about how crap this looks to me, and how UN-Vadery it looks...i just KNOW i'll still buy one like the hypocrite that i am....:p

Rich

The old DP standart helmet has the same accuracy level.16 Years ago it was also an accurate replica for me.:lol

30587244bz.jpg

At 100 bucks, I don't think we can really expect it to be super duper uber accurate (as that might also eat into the license held by companies like eFX and Anovos?).

Its an incredible,.... how do you put it,... toy helmet. It has a pretty decent sculpt, breaks apart into 3 pieces, has sound effects as well. Definitely worth picking to be worn to Cons or just to fool around in the house (something we wouldn't dare to do with those expensive lids by eFX and Anovos).

And Hasbro are doing incredible things with their range of Black Series lids. Kylo has been average at best. The Stormtrooper has been pretty well made and Poe up the ante further with its padded interior components. This Vader just took it to another level yet again.

I think we will see a Boba Fett soon enough.

I think part of the problem here is that Hasbro has set a precedent with accuracy in the previous Black Series helmets. They absolutely nailed, at minimum, mind’s eye accuracy for the other three helmets. This just ain’t up to the standard they’ve established, toy-vs-replica and price point debate aside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is still a prototype so who really knows if this will be the final “shape”

Doesn’t bother me any, since I will be displaying this backwards and dome less to reveal all the guys inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's what I'm going to do too.

I don't quite understand your comparisson to EFX here. You can't really compare the two: the efx pcr is made to be a very true representative of the original. This is not, it's meant to be a recognizable representative of the reveal helmet. Though a very free rendition of it, not meant to be very accurate. Compared to the black series Storm Trooper and the Kylo Ren helmet I think this is somewhat disappointing...

But then again I haven't spent nearly as much time looking/ comparing those two helmets to the higher end replica props.

The point he is making is that if you grabbed the average Joe Schmo casual Star Wars fan off the street and handed him a $300 2 piece, no bells and whistles plastic helmet from EFX and a $100 3 piece, sound effects, cool magnet attachments Black Series helmet, they'll be much more impressed by the BS and if they had already purchased an EFX, might be little upset that they spent 3x as much on something that isn't as cool. The average casual fan doesn't care as much about accuracy as we do. Hell, I have a friend who is a FAR, FAR bigger Star Wars fan than I am that I guarantee doesn't know as much about the props or accuracy as I do, but could tell you way more about every background character's story than you would want to know. I can tell you right now, he'd be super stoked on the BS and not as much on the EFX.

The point he is making is that if you grabbed the average Joe Schmo casual Star Wars fan off the street and handed him a $300 2 piece, no bells and whistles plastic helmet from EFX and a $100 3 piece, sound effects, cool magnet attachments Black Series helmet, they'll be much more impressed by the BS and if they had already purchased an EFX, might be little upset that they spent 3x as much on something that isn't as cool. The average casual fan doesn't care as much about accuracy as we do. Hell, I have a friend who is a FAR, FAR bigger Star Wars fan than I am that I guarantee doesn't know as much about the props or accuracy as I do, but could tell you way more about every background character's story than you would want to know. I can tell you right now, he'd be super stoked on the BS and not as much on the EFX.

Yeah, that.

The comparison I made was more of a price point issue rather than accuracy. For the price, plus the features, this looks pretty good. But I don't know what everyone's getting on about. The pic on the previous page comparing the Altman to this? There is no comparison! The Altman is freakishly wide and that's obvious to even an uneducated fan like myself, and this nowhere near that.

The simple fact is that this is the perfect companion piece to the Hasbro Clone and Stormtrooper helmets I already own. While it's not a definitive uber accurate version of Vader's helmet, and it is pretty close to the limit on what I'm willing to pay for a toy, I'm okay with that. If I happen to win the lottery, sure I'll fork over the dough for the best I can get. Until then, this'll do.

I have to say as someone who thinks it looks really good...can someone point out really why it's so bad.... sizing? Shape? Is it a lot of little things or is it major reworking to get to something close?

It Is A Toy NOT A REPLICA PROP and as a TOY for 100$usd it is a great buy... in 1977 a Don Post Vader helmet retailed for 39.99 in 1977usd$ is $404.93$usd2017 so the don't post was waywayway overpriced back in the day and this new helmet is a steal!

I have to say as someone who thinks it looks really good...can someone point out really why it's so bad.... sizing? Shape? Is it a lot of little things or is it major reworking to get to something close?
The big thing is, this is symmetrical and Vader's sculpt was asymmetrical (besides ROTS) the face part is too wide, the helmet flares out too much.

So if you want a Toy that looks like vader, buy this. If you want a good representation of a vader helmet see if you can get an EFX ANH helmet :). This can't be reworked... the Rubies helmets had issues that prevented them from looking accurate, but that could be fixed. This is most likely ( from the looks of it) not to scale and is a different more caricature like sculpt.

I love how people complain about TOYS not being perfect 1/1 spot on 100% accurate replicas and then slam and mock the company with goofy names and make fun of the people who buy them.

For Pete's sake, has anyone seen the Blade Runner squirt gun thread?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back