Judge Dredd: Mega-City One (TV Series)

Re: Judge Dredd: Mega City One (TV Series)

This is great news! Can't wait to see the costumes, weapons and bike! The Urban movie was good but the costume, helmet, Lawgiver and bike was pretty weak in design.

Here's the important question, at least for me, where is it going to air, what channel? I'm hoping for either Netflix, or that it will be carried by Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime (for free and for all seasons, not just the first like The Expanse).

Am I the only one who felt Urban didn't feel right as Dredd? I admire his commitment and passion for the project but his voice and scowl (particularly) seemed so forced.

I just hope it captures the silliness of the 80s 2000AD issues. Dredd was best when there were fatties and renegade air surfers and people bouncing around in plastic bubbles. Grit and violence and one liners are swell, but I want the lunacy.

I hope so too.

I just hope it captures the silliness of the 80s 2000AD issues. Dredd was best when there were fatties and renegade air surfers and people bouncing around in plastic bubbles. Grit and violence and one liners are swell, but I want the lunacy.

THIS! This is what i always wanted from a Dredd adaptation......not a grimy, claustrophobic tower shooter.......i want the scale, scope and plain bonkers world that Dredd is SUPPOSED to patrol!

Rich

THIS! This is what i always wanted from a Dredd adaptation......not a grimy, claustrophobic tower shooter.......i want the scale, scope and plain bonkers world that Dredd is SUPPOSED to patrol!

Rich

Oh I LIKED Dredd 3D, but on its own terms, not as really capturing the essence of the comic. The old progs were full of so many crackpot schemers, bizarre villains, and just plain "shake your head in bemusement" silliness. Dredd was a great action flick, but I just wasn't seeing the black humor that I associate with the old comics.

Maybe they'll let you and I direct one :lol

Film Studio Launches In UK With Duncan Jones’s Rogue Trooper Pic; ‘Babylon Berlin’ Series 3 Underway — Global Briefs

judge-dredd-mega-city-one.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back